- Chapter 4

Her Nervous Smile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

#4 I think I want to sing for the rest of my life.

 

 

 

 

 

My homeroom teacher name is Mr Lu. Aka Lu Deer, they called. He’s nice, handsome, small, ethereal and kind. Everyone’s like him. Of course, duh. He always treated us whenever he can and could because he is Mr Lu. Once, I caught my P.E teacher, Miss Song is lusting over Mr Lu. What a nasty teacher I have.

Mr Lu is also a master in Mathematics and Physics. He do most calculation in his head without calculator. We all agreed to say that Mr Lu is the smartest human being in our school, no doubt. Other than, Mr Lu also had a class of teaching vocals to those who interested to become a singer one day. Mr Lu had a nice voice, I have to admit.

I have asked some of the students in his vocal class before. In order to join his vocal class, you have to pass few auditions. Mr Lu wants someone who has a perfect vocal and tone, sound and some more that I think they mocked me with. Mr Lu wants the one who had the angelic yet strong voices, they said. Wow, seem to me that he is asking Mariah Carey and Ariana Grande, is him?

They also said, Taeyeon is his favorite singer. Taeyeon could reach high note easily and Mr Lu always compliment her by saying that Taeyeon always ate her own CD whenever she sings.

Wow, I didn’t know timid Taeyeon did that too. Impressive.

In order to know Taeyeon better, I asked Soo Young. She was supportive, thank god. She said, I need to start be a goody-two-shoes like Taeyeon and act all smart when talking with her. I didn’t think that’s work since Taeyeon like my bad girl side. If she thinks nerd is cool, she should think twice, I have to say.

Nerd is not cool. Taeyeon is.

Okay, I can just join Mr Lu vocals class. I think it was nothing. I might get a chance to get eliminated at my first try to sing because lord, I haven’t heard myself singing for almost a year. Seo-Hyun always shut me when I was about to hummed and Yoona hates it.

This people, said my voice and Soo Young is piece of trash and complete garbage. Insult after insult. I should say to Yoona that Yuri is interested in me not her. And Seo-Hyun, she’s not doing that good in P.E. class that the teacher think she should double up Seo-Hyun classes. But I didn’t do them.

Well, they can be true or false.

I should at least, try to go for the audition.

 

“But Mr Lu hates you.” Soo Young said, when I told her that I’m going to the open audition.

“He hates all of us.” I said. Duh.

“Literally all of us. But he hates you more. Do you still remember that you used to answer some stupid answer in his mathematic exercise and he swore he wouldn’t let you off by hook or crook? And joining his after-school club? I don’t think he will let you off that easily.”

I sigh.

“Gah, why this is so hard? I just want to be together with my maiden of my life!”

Soo Young laugh.

“Dude, don’t pee yourself in front of him. They said, Taeyeon is going to be there. I think, Mr Lu is finding a partner for Taeyeon. Some of the rumors sparks that Taeyeon is going to sing at school ceremony and Mr Lu needs someone who can match their vocals with Taeyeon.”

I gulped.

“Can I just be a backdrop singer? As long I can hear she’s singing, reddening face and everything… I wanted to be one too.”

“Well, Mr Lu just wants a vocalist. Not a backdrop singer.”

I slumped on my seat.

I am so dead.

 

Damn, there’s a lot of people in line to be audition too. Boys, girls and even teacher is there. Everyone were so eager to pleased Mr Lu in their audition. I heard almost everywhere people is practicing and voicing their vocals out aloud and some of them sounds heavenly. While some of them? Just like me.

I turn to look around me.

Everyone has their own plan to surprise Mr Lu and Taeyeon.

While me?

I had nothing to impress him.

I guess.

“What are you doing here, Jessica Jung? Correcting your ty mathematic in front of Mr Lu?” Tiffany ask. Her followers laugh at her ‘jokes’. They weren’t funny to be honest, but since she is Tiffany and Tiffany is a queen.

I shrugged.

“Asking Mr Lu how to freaking teach all of you guys in Physics I guess. Ops, you guys aren’t invited in his Physics class.” I said, playing coy.

Tiffany grift her jawline.

“You don’t sound pleased to hear, Jessica. You don’t belong here.” She said.

“I beg to differ.” I replied.

“Tiffany Hwang, 158! Tiffany Hwang, 158…” One of Mr Lu assistant called the audition number and name all along. Tiffany look satisfied but not before that, she leaves a friendly jab at my stomach. Just like always.

Huh loser.

Maybe Tiffany is right.

I don’t sound pleased to hear.

I should just go to Soo Young and tells her that she is ing wrong about the audition. There will be no way Mr Lu likes me and accept me in his special vocal class. And Taeyeon, I am sorry baby. We are no meant to be.

Goodbye my Taeyeon.


 

“Oh Miss Jung, you are surprising me.” Mr Lu says, when he looked up to meet me at my eyes. I had never felt this nervous

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter