Judging a book by its cover

Hi Meets World

Growing up Hayi was faced with much prejudice against her. Strangers would portray her as a snobby little princess, an arrogant girl who looks down on others- deeming them unworthy of her time, someone who is spoiled rotten from all the riches she gained just by being born in a wealthy family. 

 

Oh, Hayi was born in a blessed family alright but that doesn't guarantee her a blessed life.  Only God knows how miserable she actually is. 

 

When Hayi was still at the tender age of  5, she learned how cruel life could be.  Being born as the younger sister of Lee Chaerin- child genius and piano prodigy, she was given the heavy burden and pressure to be a carbon copy of her older sister. Hence the start of her nonstop tutoring class and piano lessons. 

 

Instead of spending her time playing with other kids her age at the park, creating memories and building friendships, she was forced to keep up with Chaerin's achievement. As a result of lack in human interaction, Hayi was horrible in making friends. She was always too shy and awkward. Thus creating rumours of how she was too arrogant and snobby. 

 

Despite the immense effort she had put in to satisfy her parents expectations, Hayi's stellar achievements had always pales in comparison to Chaerin's. In terms of academically, socially and even visually Hayi was always two steps behind the perfect Lee Chaerin. 

 

At the age of 12, Hayi realised the reality of her life. It doesn't matter if she scores the highest in her class or win all the piano competition there is because in her parents eyes Chaerin will always and forever be first. Hayi can win all the trophies there is but nothing can outdo favouritism. 

 

She learned that no matter how much she tries to break the prejudice against her, she will always be misunderstood. Her words and actions only to be twisted into some kind of toxic rumour. 

 

At the young age of 12, Hayi found out what the dark empty feeling that had always crept into her heart had meant. She learned that loneliness is something you can get even when surrounded with other happy people.