Lucky number 7

Hi Meets World

Locking himself in the cubicle, Hanbin reminisced the first time he saw Lee Hayi. 10 years old Hanbin was forced by his parents to attend a wedding. He remembered slouching on his seat-bored out of his mind, humming to the tune of Mendelssohn's Wedding March. 

 

Hanbin wandered around the place, somehow he ended up in the bride’s waiting room. Before  he was shooed away, his eyes fell on the most beautiful girl he has ever seen in his life. Her eyes big and round, sharp nose and plump rosy lips.

 

Throughout the wedding Hanbin made a number of attempts to approach her but chickened out every single time. When he finally decided to seriously make a move, he was regretfully dragged home by his parents. On the car ride home and for the next couple of months, all hanbin did was whine about his missed opportunity. 

 

The second time he saw her was three years later. His family was invited to the Lee's annual New Year's Eve party. Again, he was forced to attend by his parents. his soft served chocolate ice cream, he eyed every inch of the crowded ballroom. Trying to find someone or something to play with. 

 

He spotted a growing crowd at the corner of the room. Curious to what they were watching, he shoved himself into the crowd. What he saw made his heart jump. Sitting on a duet bench with an older blonde girl, gracefully playing the piano was the same beautiful face she saw years ago. 

 

She was  wearing a simple black dress. Her dark hair was in a messy side braid but still she looked gorgeous. Hanbin was in love. 

 

Even when the crowd applauded the sisters for the amazing performance, Hanbin stood still, deep in thoughts. He's been racking his brain trying to come up with a cool way to introduce himself. He wanted to impress her.

 

His brainstorming continued for the next four years. Every year he would attend the party with a cool idea only to see her grow more mature and beautiful. He needed to step up his game. 

 

 

Hanbin banged his head on the wall, muttering curses under his breath. Lee Chanhyuk is a dead man.