THREE

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The waiter gestured toward an empty table in the far corner of the room. She walked over and sat down. Her sight immediately landed on the couple seated a few tables from her.

 

Loneliness can be destructive, eating away at the spirit.

 

Everyone needs to share their joy and pain. Dara suddenly found herself living in a world full of happy and content strangers. Even here, in her favourite hiding place she can't escape the happiness of the other couple and the echo of lovers' laughter. Why can't I be happy like them?

 

"Dara-ssi can I get you anything?" The waiter asked politely. She's really pretty, but her eyes seemed filled with pain.

 

"Just water first please." She smiled, her hand automatically rubbed her now bulging stomach. I want my baby to have a happy complete family. Should I accept Jiyong's proposal? Her mind travelled to the events last night.

 

"What are you doing here?" She asked, surprise evident in her voice. She bit her lips when he flinched at her words.

 

"I thought of you the whole day." he smiled and extended his arms to give her a bouquet of red roses.

 

"Thank you, would you like to come in?" she asked, polite. He walked towards her and slowly leaned in for a kiss. But she took a little step back and saw the disappointment on his face. "I'm terribly sorry, but I can't. You must think I'm.."

 

"Dara, I told you I'd wait patiently. If you're not yet ready I understand. I'm sorry, I just can't escape your allure." he joked giving her his one sided smirk.

 

She smiled a tiny smile in return. "Come in, I just finished cooking dinner." she said still a little awkward. What is wrong with me? I was in love with this man. And he has been nice to me and to my baby. Will I ever be able to love another man? Or has Jae completely stolen my heart? She was so consumed in her thoughts that she barely heard him speak.

 

"I'm sorry, my mind was elsewhere. What was it again?" she asked apologetically.

 

"Dara even after all those years I still love you. I admit that there have been other girls during our separation. But nobody can ever replace your place in my heart. You don't have to love me back so soon. I'm very much willing to wait. I will love your baby like she's my own." He stopped and look at her with his brooding black eyes.

 

He covered her hand with his. "Marry me. Please"

 

She withdrew her hand. "Jiyong, I'm.."

 

"You don't have to answer now D. Think about it please." He asked smiling.

 

She saw his pain. "Thank you. You've done so much for me, for us. I will think about it."

 

She sighed and closed her eyes. One word, and it can change everything.

 

"Dara I'm sorry I'm late." Her omma's gentle voice snapped her back to reality.

 

She rose and kissed her omma on the cheeks. "It's okay omma, I didn't even realized that you're late, again." she added with a grin.

 

"Why the sudden meeting? Is something wrong with my grandson?" she asked instantly worried.

 

She reached for her mother's hand. "She's fine omma."

 

"You scared me for a minute there. Take good care of HIM." she said, emphasizing her desire to have a grandson.

 

"I'm s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter