ONE

Chances
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ONE

 

Jaejoong looked around the club, taking in the almost bodies on the dance floor. The club was packed tonight, full of women wearing skimpy clothes and men who looked like all they ever do was to wait the whole day for night to arrive. 

He stood out among the sea of party goers with his designer clothes and expensive accessories. It was an odd feeling but for once he didn't fit in. That much was obvious.

He was on his third glass. A couple of women dropped by, looking for a chance to help him forget his troubles. He passed on the invites. He was not here to meet girls. He was here to get drunk and hopefully to pass out. He can't believe he smiled at her and even followed her when she bolted out of the door. 

He should have known better. 

So in the end she left with him, the same man who ruined everything for him. He gripped his scotch tightly, willing it to somehow ease his pain. He closed his eyes and forced the alcohol down his throat. And waited, foolishly waited for the familiar throb to cease. But everything is working against him tonight, he miserably failed to forget the woman and the pain she caused him. As much as he tried to forget, his brain or was it his heart would keep on fighting to keep even the most painful memories.


He barely slept. 

No, he avoided sleep. He would throw himself to work until he can no longer stand straight. Or he would drown himself in alcohol until his brain can no longer function properly. He was being pathetic but it was the only solution he could come up with, for she haunted even his dreams. But tonight no alcohol can help him, his wound reopened and was cut deeper. Jae lifted his hand to catch their waitress’ eye and pointed at his empty glass. He tossed back his scotch, swallowing it whole fighting the unwanted scenes that now played in his mind.


She got off the bed and came to him. Her hand landed squarely on his chest, right above his heart. And then her other one wrapped around his waist. And then she lifted up onto her tiptoes and put her lips to his. He kissed her back with equal passion and hunger. Her moan of satisfaction cranked him even higher, and as her nails bit into his back...


He woke up alone. He smiled remembering how they spent the night. The bedside clock read 10:00 am, with a sigh he forced himself to stand and take a quick shower. He wore the same clothes and went to look for Dara but the post it on the mirror rooted him on the spot.

 

Leave and do not come back.
Last night

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter