Chap 9

Love and Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Byul's POV 

I walk out bringing my luggage with me. I stood still outside our apartment silently praying that Wheein would call my name and stop me from leaving. Stupid, I know, but I will always choose her in a heartbeat. But now, in this situation I was hoping I did the right thing. Leaving her alone without someone to hold on to. I quickly turn around about to go inside but all the courage I have went away as I suddenly thought how much pain it will cause the both of us. I need to go now before I change my mind. I took my phone and call Seulgi, I felt relieved as she quickly pick up after the 2nd ring

"Unnie?"

"K-kang" my voice broke down as soon as I heard her

"Unnie?! What's wrong?!"

"K-kang we broke up" I cried again. God, when will these tears stop?

"Where are you? I'm coming to get you" 

"No, I'm fine. I'm outside our apartment"

"Wait there. I'll fetch you"

"N-no. No need. Where are you?" I know she's about to protest but I guess she thinks I am not in my best mood to take her offer

"I'm at my place unnie"

"Can I come over?"

"Of course you can! Are you sure you don't need me to fetch you unnie?" I can hear the softness of her voice. She's the one of the people who cares about me the most.

"Yes Seul. I can drive"

"Okay I'll wait for you then? Drive safe unnie"

"Thank you Seul." she turn off the call and I immediately went to my car. I took a one last look at our apartment before driving off to where my boss is waiting

~~~~~

As I arrived at Seulgi's place I parked my car and saw Seulgi waiting for me at her door. I wipe another tear that escaped from my eye and quickly ran to Seulgi. I wrap my arms around her and break down. I cried hard, she hasn't said a word and just rub her palm in my back for comfort. I never cried this hard in front of anyone except for Wheein when I injured myself 2 years ago. I pulled myself from the embrace and look at Seulgi, she was crying too. 

"Hey why are crying?"

"I've never seen you cried like that Unnie. It hurts me too" she cried again. This girl is so precious and I don't know if I can ever find a girl like her in my life. "Let's get inside unnie. I'll get you a glass of water. Wait there at the couch." I sat and waited for her, contemplating of what happened earlier. It wasn't in my decision to let go of Wheein like that but seeing her look at Hyejin lovingly made my heart the weakest. I am not the kind of person who pushes herself to someone who doesn't want me anymore. It felt wrong but I know this is the best decision for us.

Seulgi came back with a glass of water in her hand. She gave it to me and joined me in the couch. I drank it in one go, I've never felt this thirsty in my whole life

"You sure are thirsty. You want another glass?" she asked and was about to get up but I wave at her saying that I don't need another one. We became silent for a minute then seulgi broke the silence she holds my hand and look at me intently

"Unnie if you're not ready to tell me what happened then I will not force you but know that i am always here for you willing to listen at everything you wanted to say" She said sincerly

"I know seul and I thank you for that. For being with me always whenever I need you. But I guess this problem is for me to fix since it's my decision that we are here on this situation" I look back at her and smiled but a tear had managed to escape from my eye. I can see that she's hurt too, seeing me in this state. 

"Well, I've been longing to ask you about this. I hope you won't be angry at me or to anyone but is this about the new employee in Joohyun unnie's company?" 

I look at her almost as fast as I don't know and hold her tightter

"How'd you know?"

"L-look it's.. I.. I was about to tell you about it but Joohyun unnie told me not to. Because we don't know if it is true or not and if ever it is we want Wheein-shi to tell you about it personally and fix things with you. So we stayed silent and observe what will happen. I'm sorry unnie. You can hate me for keeping it a secret but we thought it was for the best of you"

I was supposed to be furious, mad, or angry. But I guess they're right. It is for us to fix things, Joohyun unnie and Seulgi has been there for us from the day we met up to now. They've never intervened in our relationship except for the time when I was being stubborn and being pessimistic when they want me to ask Wheein in a date. They didn't do anything to break or mess up our relationship instead they keep on supporting us. 

"It's fine Seul. I understand" 

"You're not mad unnie?" 

"I can't be mad Seul. I cannot add up another emotion in my heart right now. And besides I guess you made ths best thing" I look at her I cannot cry again. Not again, I'm tired but I don't know what to do anymore. Well sleep is always an option tho. "Even though I partly discovered their affair" 

Seulgi was about to say something but chose not to. 

"Take a rest unnie. You can stay here as long as you want. I'll help you with your luggage let's take it to the guest room"

"Thank you Seul but how did you know about it?"

"Joohyun unnie told me about it. It started with a rumor circling around their office until the news was passed to Joohyun unnie by her secretary. We won't believe it at first that's why we stayed silent about it and even if it's true it is not in our authority to intervene in your relationship. Both of you had been private in your relationship especially WheeIn and we respect that. We just thought that both of you will be okay together, not like this." I smiled at her, a painful smile, I know, it exist right? "Just rest for now unnie. Tomorrow we know will not be better too but please take a rest. Don't exhaust yourself too much. Everything will be fine, maybe not now but soon unnie. We'll never know." I know she mean it and I know she's right. I just hope that it's easy to move on for someone who has been your life support ever since. But we all know life never worked that way, ever. I just need to at least find something for me to keep on living, now that I almost felt nothing except for the pain my heart. 

We went upstairs, Seulgi helping me with my luggage and making me comfortable in the guest room. 

"I don't know how to thank you Seul but I really appreciateall the help you gave me. Don't worry I'll be repaying you soon for everything you've done for me."

"Don't mention it unnie a kiss will be enough you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter