Chapter 3

Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s the last day of their team building in Jeju island. Dara is standing just outside Chaerin’s personal villa to get her and inform her about today’s schedule. She composed herself and smiled brightly before knocking the door.

 

But even before she could knock, the door opened, showing a fully dressed , already prepared Chaerin to start the day.

 

“Good morning, Dara-ssi.” The young CEO greeted and steps out from the door. Chaerin started walking to which Dara has followed as soon as she regained her senses.

 

Dara matched her pace with Chaerin and greeted her, “G-good morning, Miss Lee. Everything’s all set. The others are—“

 

She was cut off mid-sentence when Chaerin suddenly speaks, “It’s Chaerin. Just call me Chaerin.”

 

The young CEO increased her pace and continued walking her way to the gazebo.

 

Everyone immediately gathered around when Dara gestured that their CEO has something to announce. The employees stood politely and waited for Chaerin to speak.

 

“Good morning everyone. Let’s have fun and enjoy today, shall we?” Chaerin said in her usual firm tone.

 

“Ne. Miss CL.” The employees replied automatically, in a robot-like manner.

 

“And as a reward, the team who’s gonna win today’s activity will earn an incentive when we get back to work.” Chaerin said with a less intimidating smile.

 

Everyone’s eyes widened upon hearing the announcement and started murmuring at each other.

 

Chaerin cleared to get back everyone’s attention, and the murmurings stopped. And for the first time, she sees her employees having bright smiles and determined expression on their faces. Never did she see her people like that, and it warmed her heart.

 

“We will do our best, Miss CL!” Everyone said in a cheerful tone while bowing their heads.

 

Chaerin dismissed everyone after a few moments and went to the unoccupied gazebo with Daesung to discuss some matters.

 

Dara smiled to herself as she watched Chaerin from afar. 

 

She was about to continue her way and double check to see if everything’s ready for their activity when she heard the girls from the marketing team talking about Chaerin.

 

Dara deliberately slowed down and listened as Jisoo said, “What happened to her?”

“Seems like she’s in a good mood.” Jennie added.

 

“It’s weird to see her smile like that unless she’s with Miss Hwang.” Lalisa commented and the rest of them seconded.

 

The girl with the chubby cheeks, Roseanne, noticed that Dara is paying her attention to them so she gestured them to shut their mouths. They look at the direction where Roseanne is staring and sees Dara with her unpredictable facial expression.

 

The four girls wore a guilty expression when Dara approached them. The latter sighed and softly said, “Kids, let stop talking about our boss and just do our best to win the competition, okay? I heard that promotions are at stake here.”

 

“Ne. Dara unnie.” The four girls said in chorus and started preparing for their team building activity.

 

“So, what did they say this time?” Dara startled a bit when Chaerin suddenly popped out right next to her with a friendly smile.

 

“Did I scare you?” Chaerin asked when she saw Dara’s surprised expression.

 

Dara instantly composed herself and shakes her head. “It’s fine, Miss Lee. I mean, Chaerin-ssi.”

 

Chaerin remained standing there, still staring at Dara as if waiting for her to say something. Then Dara realized that she hasn’t answered the previous question so she said, “They’re just excited to play.”

 

“I’ll be joining the games later. Just call me when everyone’s ready.”

 

“Where are you going?” Dara didn’t mean to say it out loud. She was hoping that Chaerin didn’t hear that but the woman halted from her tracks and turned around, meeting Dara’s eyes.

 

Dara avoided her gaze and apologetically said, “I-I’m sorry, Miss Lee. I didn’t mean to—“

 

Chaerin chuckles and shakes her head upon seeing her too obedient assistant getting intimidated. “I’ll just change into more appropriate clothes and will be back soon.”

 

Chaerin goes on her way, leaving Dara alone. The latter just watched as the younger one head back to her lodging.

 

Dara was too absorbed on her another interaction with Chaerin that it startled her when she heard a voice beside her. “You’re blushing.”

 

She lightly hit his arm and say, “Stop it, Daesung.”

 

Daesung chuckled lightly and shrugged his shoulders, “Why? I’m just stating the fact. You’re cheeks are reddening.”

 

Dara placed her palms on her cheeks and feel warm. Even without looking the mirror, she knows that her friend is saying the truth.

 

“So, how did you convince Chae?”

 

Dara puts down her hands back to her side and obliviously replied,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter