Chapter 2

Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been two weeks since Tiffany left for LA without prior notice. It’s quite odd for Chaerin to wake up in mornings not seeing Tiffany’s face and not eating breakfast with her. She already got used to those moments when her girlfriend does everything just to wake her up. It was different for Chaerin to feel alone again.

Dara has also been trying to persuade her to consider her team building proposal for the past few days. She kept on tailing and bothering her just to make her agree. Chaerin dissuaded her in many ways but it didn’t stop Dara. Her stubbornness made her assistant to become more eager.

It was Friday afternoon then. As soon as she got back from her office, she was surprised that Dara’s not there to annoy her anymore. Chaerin asked her other employees on where she is and they just told her that she’s doing some errands for Daesung. The moment she sat down on her office chair, she noticed an envelope on the top of her office table and opened it. It was indicated in the letter that it’s from Dara and she’ll still not stop bothering her unless she agrees. Just seeing the letter convinced Chaerin. It wasn’t the content that made her agree. It was Dara’s writing. Her writing is too familiar to her that reminded her of someone.

Chaerin is pulled away from her thoughts when her phone vibrated in her hand. She smiled as soon as she saw Tiffany’s name and answered the call, "How's my baby doing?"

"I'm good. How about you? You're being nice to your people, aren't you?" Tiffany replied in her usual voice and her usual self. She never forgets keeping her in check even though they are far away from each other.

Chaerin already expected for her to ask about that so she confidently answered, "Of course. In fact, we're in Jeju right now for the company's team building."

The bright smile on her face disappeared as she heard her girlfriend breathing raggedly from the other line. There must be something strange going on. "Tiff, are you okay?"

She heard her heave a sigh and said, "Yes. I'm just like this because of the weather here."

Chaerin just accepted her girlfriend’s reason. She believes in everything that Tiffany tells her so she told herself not to worry too much. “Okay. Where are you now again?”

“I just got home from the Union Square. Don’t worry too much about me, babe. I’m fine.” She assured her and continued, “So kindly put that smile back on your face. You might be intimidating those people around you.”

Chaerin complied without any hesitation and smiles as if she’s with her. She thinks that Tiffany really knows her better than anyone else. She began kicking the sand and said, “I’m alone right now, though.”

“I thought you’re having a team building with your employees?” she asked Chaerin in curiosity.

She just nodded and said, “Mmm. I brought my employees here in Jeju so they can enjoy themselves. Why? Is there something wrong with that?"

“Yes, there is. It isn’t called team building if you’re just alone there. Where’s Daesung? Let me talk to him.” Chaerin laughed at the way her girlfriend is reacting right now. How she wish that she could see her face while saying those words. She stopped laughing when Tiffany said, “Why are you laughing?”

“I already know that your reaction’s going to be like that so asked Dara to prepare the activities for the team building later.”

“Oh.” That was the only word that Tiffany managed to say. Then for a second she added, “You’re not being mean to Dara-ssi, aren’t you?”

“No, I’m not.” Chaerin said as she was thinking on how she let her assistant do unnecessary errands and workloads, on how she scolded her even there are times that she really didn’t deserve to be scolded.

“Are you sure about that?” she tested her.

She sighed in defeat and said, “Well, I’m still being nice to her. In fact, this whole team building thing is her idea.”

“Oh, really?” Tiffany said in amazement and said, “Then I should thank Dara-ssi in some other time. It must’ve been hard for her to convince The Baddest Female that Seoul City ever had.” She chuckled as she .

“Ya.”

Tiffany cleared and said, “I’m sorry. I just had the feel to use that title they gave on you.”

“Fine.” She didn’t bother to argue and just accepted it.

“I think I need to go, Faith. It’s been a long day for me here.” She informed her.

“Oh, okay. Take care of yourself, Tiff. I miss you."

There was a short pause in the line and she shortly replied, "I miss you too, Faith."

Chaerin felt the yearning on her girlfriend’s voice. She feels just the same with her. “Come back home soon, okay?”

Tiffany didn’t make her reply. The call just ended.

I hope that there’s nothing wrong going on. Please be okay, Fany-ah. Chaerin heaves out a sigh and shifted her attention on the view in front of her.

-

Dara kept her gaze at Chaerin who is probably speaking on the phone with her girlfriend right now. The smile on her face just makes her smile too.

 She’s happy to see that smile on Chaerin’s face, even if she’s not that reason behind that smile. What’s important for Dara is that Chaerin is happy. She is contented with that.

Seungri approached Dara who’s gazing at Chaerin from afar and said, “I heard from Daesung hyung that you’re the one who convinced Chaerin to have the company’s team building here.”

Dara smiled at the thought that Lee Chaerin actually listened to her. Then she said, “Yeah. I’m relieved that she considered my opinion.” When he didn’t respond, Dara looked at him. Seungri’s looking at her with intriguing eyes. “What?”

He just shook his head and said, “Nothing. It’s just that Lee Chaerin only answers to Tiffany Hwang. It’s a surprise for me to know that she actually listened to you.”

Then the two of them looked at Chaerin who’s still happily conversing with Tiffany. Dara heaved a sigh and said, “Amazing, isn’t it?”

“Perhaps, did you put something in her drink?” Seungri kidded.

Dara elbowed her friend’s side and said, “I’m not like that, Ri.” Without realizing it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter