Chapter 1

Faith
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good morning, babe." Chaerin opened her eyes with a smile on her face. It makes her happy seeing her girlfriend the first thing in the morning. It’s been a few years and yet up until now, she can’t believe that she is dating the great Tiffany Hwang – notorious for her beauty and brains during their college days.

She feels thankful to have Tiffany by her side all throughout these years. She came into her life at the perfect moment. Tiffany lighted up her once dark world, illuminating it with various colors.

Tiffany plunged into the bed and pecked the grinning like an idiot, Chaerin, on the lips. "Good morning too, babe. Won't you be late for work?"

"What time is it?" She rubbed her eyes and yawned, pretending to be sleepy again.

Tiffany checked the time on her wristwatch and said, "7 o'clock in the morning."

Chaerin grabbed her girlfriend's wrist and make her lie into the bed with her, her body wrapped into her arms. "Mmm. It's too early. Let's just stay like this for a while, Tiff."

"Faith!" Tiffany patted her arm lightly.

"Okay. Just give me a minute. I want to seize the moment with my lovely girlfriend." Chaerin pulled her closer and smiled. Tiffany didn't argue further. She scooted closer and just closed her eyes, enjoying every second she has with her girlfriend.

Their little moment ended so quickly when someone made a knock on the door. Chaerin opened her eyes and asked, "Who's that?"

"It must be Miss Park. I asked her to prepare the breakfast I made for us." Tiffany replied, her eyes still closed as she tries to cherish every part of Chaerin with her.

Chaerin pulled out enough to face Tiffany and said, "Miss Park? Who's that?"

Tiffany exhaled and opened her eyes. Chaerin's looking at her with curiosity. She just smiled and said, "Your personal secretary."

Chaerin raised her eyebrow and breaks their hug. She leaned on the bed's padding to sit down and said, "Since when did I have a secretary? You know I prefer to work alone, Tiff."

Tiffany sighed and moved closer to her. She rested her head on Chaerin's shoulder and holds her hand playfully as she replied, "I know. But you also need to learn to trust other people aside from me and your best friend. Besides, it is Daesung who recommended her."

Chaerin breathed and closed the gap between her hand and Tiffany's and said, "Okay, as if I have a choice."

Tiffany glanced at her girlfriend and chuckled. "Stop acting like a sulky little girl, Faith. It doesn't suit you. Now move your . I'll be waiting for you downstairs." She dictated.

"Yes, Miss Hwang." Chaerin responded lazily and complied with her girlfriend's demand.

-

As soon as she finished preparing herself for work, Chaerin made her way downstairs to the dining area to eat her breakfast with Tiffany.

She noticed a familiar blonde young looking lady standing beside the table and eventually greeted her with a polite smile. "Good morning, Miss Lee."

But Chaerin chose to disregard the girl and just takes her seat across Tiffany. She grabbed her spoon and fork and started eating.

"Faith?" Tiffany's commanding voice made her stop from eating and looked at her girlfriend who's raising her eyebrows to her.

Chaerin grasped the table napkin beside her and wiped as she said, "Good morning, Miss Park." then she shifted her gaze back to her girlfriend who's smiling at her now.

Chaerin continued eating her breakfast and heard Tiffany speak, "Why don't you join us Dara-ssi? I cooked enough food for the three of us."

"It's okay Tiffany-ssi. I can have it later." Dara refused Tiffany's invitation meekly.

Chaerin halted from eating and stared at Dara. "Just sit down and eat, would you?"

-

Dara didn't expect that she'll end up being the executive assistant of the CEO of the company where she applied. She thought that she'll be just a regular employee. She already anticipated for it, until Daesung called her and told her that there are changes of assignments.

Dara heaved a sigh and looked at the door next to her. She's working with the infamous Lee Chaerin. Her old self would be happy about this. Well, even now she is feeling happy about it.

She admired Chaerin during their college days, not until that day happened when she shut her world to everyone and changed. The reason? She doesn’t know why. She even tried asking Daesung, but he just told her that Chaerin is so private that only Tiffany Hwang managed to enter and break through the high defenses that Chaerin made for herself.

Dara leaned on the backrest of her office chair and closed her eyes for a minute to take it all in. A few minutes later, her phone vibrated. Even without looking at it, she already knows who has the time to call her at this moment. Daesung.

"So, how's your first day with The Baddest Female that Seoul City ever had?" Daesung said teasingly.

"I don't know why people call her that name. She’s not that approachable, we all know that. But so far, Miss Lee has been nice to me." Dara can't help but smile.

Then she heard him laughing from the other line which makes her smile completely fade. When Daesung finally recovered from his reaction, he said, "Really? I bet Tiffany's with you this morning."

"Why?" she asked him in confusion.

"Trust me, Chae's a different person without Tiff. Will call you later,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter