Fifteen

The Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The initial shock was just too much for Chanyeol to shoo away. He thought something was not right when he felt the scorching heat against his arm from Mina’s palm. When he realized that Mina was using fire against him, he couldn’t wrap his head around it because he knew from the start that her Alice is Mind Reading. Even with his eyes shut, he could see Mina’s face and it’s driving him nuts.

He’s never heard of anyone having more than one Alice so the incident with Mina was bugging him a lot. He lifted his arm. The burn marks were so visible and he could still feel the pain from them. Grunting, he grabbed the glass of water on his side and threw it against the wall. The glass shattered into tiny pieces. He’s not bothered at all if someone would hear anything that he would do in that room. He’s in the comfort of his own room in his own house after all.

After he set the living room of the Manor on fire, there’s just no way for him to stay there for the night. He leaned back as he stared at the wall that he was facing. He couldn’t even remember how many times he had stared at that exact wall before. The walls in that room heard him cry and curse a thousand times. The walls in that room heard him beg and pray for a good night sleep. The walls in that room know how much he’s been struggling to keep the monsters away from his head.

After his mother and little sister’s death, nothing really stayed the same. A very big hole in his heart was carved and since then, he’s been filling it with hate and anger. He’s aware of that but he’s just too weak to pull himself up and start cleaning up his mess. Chanyeol lazily tipped his head to his right. Jinhee’s slightly destroyed diary was lying on the floor.

Jinhee’s death was another blow to him. She was more than just a cousin. She considered him like a real brother and friend despite his cranky attitude. She always looked at him with understanding eyes and he just kept on going back to her despite all the fights that they went through. Jinhee helped him stay sane.

Chanyeol reached for the diary and opened it.

Entry 032 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol got into another fight. It was way more serious this time. Baekhyun would’ve killed Chanyeol if it wasn’t for Suho’s intervention. Seeing Baekhyun that angry made me shudder in fear. I don’t know what’s happening anymore.

He couldn’t even remember what fight Jinhee was talking about in her entry since he fought with Baekhyun like a thousand times and often than not, Suho’s the one breaking the ramble. There’s just something about Baekhyun that doesn’t go well with him. Maybe it’s the way Baekhyun glares at him whenever he starts talking about half-bloods.

Entry 027

Suho came back to the Manor late at night and I heard Chanyeol confronting him about it. I don’t know if Chanyeol’s just making irrational presumptions but I heard him suspecting Suho. Lay tried to appease Chanyeol but Chanyeol is Chanyeol, meaning he doesn’t really do well with such things. I ended up getting in between them. Fire and water – the opposites. There’s just no way to patch things up between us anymore.

Chanyeol remembered that exact day. The night before that, Chanyeol saw Suho entering the Manor very late in the evening and he looked like he was so exhausted. Chanyeol’s instincts just kicked in and he confronted Suho the next evening. Suho said that he attended a family gathering so he was late but that just did not sit right with Chanyeol.

Entry 014

I think I like Sehun.

His brows furrowed. Chanyeol never really asked for confirmation from Jinhee but he noticed the way his cousin looked at Sehun. He had reservations in supporting Jinhee because Sehun’s been such a mysterious guy. After they entered Core, Chanyeol noticed the changes in Sehun’s behavior. The latter’s always late for his classes and sometimes, Chanyeol would catch him sneaking out. Chanyeol’s sure that Sehun’s doing something behind their backs.

Sighing, Chanyeol closed the diary and put it down. Yesterday was just a mess. Who would’ve known that Jinhee’s diary was in the Manor all this time? He knew that his cousin kept one so when Jinhee’s family did not find it in her room when they were cleaning up after her funeral, he kept on looking for it.

Jinhee liked writing and Chanyeol was well aware that she always kept track of everything that happened in her life. Finding the diary would be like knowing what happened to her before that tragic day. And maybe she’d leave clues in her entries. That’s what Chanyeol thought. But looking at the torn pages, he’s sure someone beat him to it.

If it wasn’t because of the tip that Hayoung gave, he wouldn’t have found the diary. Hayoung used to hang out with Jinhee and Chanyeol had seen her often with Baekhyun. He’s sure that she’s one of Baekhyun’s flings. Hayoung suddenly approached him and told him about Jinhee’s diary and she added that she thought she saw the same thing in the possession of Mina. He didn’t even think about it and just barged into Mina’s room. And there, he found the diary inside her drawer.

Everything’s starting to get even more complicated than before and he’s frustrated because he feels like nothing’s making sense at the moment.

 

 

Mina’s eyes drifted from the needle inserted in her skin to the lady in white who was attending to her. When Yunho said that he needed her to go somewhere, she never imagined that he would take her to a hospital looking facility. The lady kept on checking the monitor.

The glass door opened, revealing Kai. He looked really worried. With a few wide strides, he was already standing beside her bed. He sighed, staring at the needle stuck in her arm.

“Are you feeling better?” he finally asked.

She nodded. Knowing that he’s on her side, it was easier for her to lower her guard around him. At a closer look, she could see his darkening eye bags. She noticed the fresh cut on his cheek and she wondered if he’s already back in his raids. It hasn’t been that long since he got injured. She’s sure that his wound’s not fully healed.

“I heard what happened from Chen.” He paused as if he was trying to find the right words to say. “What- Did you really do that? Use fire against Chanyeol?”

She pursed her lips into a thin line. “I don’t really know what happened. I just felt so angry that time and-” She shook her head. “-it just happened. But is it possible for me to have two Alices?”

Kai stared silently. “I have never heard anyone having two Alices before. It’s just that I’m really worried about your situation.” He shut his eyes and ran his fingers through his hair. Knowing that Kai’s worried about her and hearing it directly from him was making it hard for her to control the flushing of her cheeks.

They both looked at the door when they heard it opening. Yunho stepped in with an unfamiliar lady. Their expressions were unreadable.

“This is Luna, an expert about Limiters,” Yunho introduced while gesturing to the lady’s direction. Kai and Mina nodded their heads in greeting.

“What is going on? Does she really have a second Alice? Fire?” Kai asked right away.

Yunho his chapped lips and handed Kai a folder. The latter started reading the report and his eyes stopped on the graph showing a very unstable analysis of Mina’s abilities.

“Replicating Alice,” Kai muttered. His brows furrowed, asking himself where he heard that before. When he came to a sudden realization, he looked at Yunho. “Replicating Alice as in the Alice of Sir Han Jongwoo?”

Yunho nodded and he turned to Mina. The latter was well aware of who Han Jongwoo is. He’s one of the founders of the Core and the most powerful Alice user from the Han family.

“We didn’t see this coming at all. It’s the first time that such thing has happened to a half-blood. And our biggest concern is how your body could withstand having two Alices.” His expression showed how much he’s worried about Mina.

“But her life’s not in danger, right?” Kai asked softly.

Luna took a deep breath and looked at Kai. “We can’t say that as of now but we’ll be monitoring her closely from now on. She’ll have at least 2 Limiters for now.” Luna looked over her shoulder and gestured the lady with a briefcase to approach them. Luna reached for the briefcase and laid it on the table beside the bed.

When she opened it, Mina saw a crescent moon shaped earring and her newly fixed necklace neatly placed inside. Luna picked up the earring and handed it to Mina. The latter wore it on her right ear. Luna picked the necklace next and leaned to help Mina wear it.

Mina saw a butterfly tattoo on Luna’s wrist when her sleeves were tugged up. She swore she saw it glowing into a dark blue color for a second. When Luna noticed her reaction, she whispered. “It’s my Limiter. I’m a half-blood too.”

She came to a realization that Luna’s life is in danger because of her Alice and her Limiter’s controlling her Alice to keep her alive. Luna smiled at Mina. “Interesting, isn’t it? Only half-bloods could see it glow like that. It looks like an ordinary tattoo to most people so it’s not suspicious at all. Only our kind can spot it.”

“We don’t know how to deal with your situation just yet. But we think that more mental training to help you control your Alices should be done. I already told Sunny about it. For now, I need you to stay here for the night. The Manor’s being repaired as we speak.” Yunho then looked at Kai. “I need to talk to you in private.”

With some few instructions, Yunho and Luna took their leave. A sigh escaped Mina’s lips as she played with her necklace. She’s worried that her body wouldn’t be able to handle her Alices.

“You’ll be just fine,” Kai commented when he noticed her expression. Mina lifted her face to meet his gaze. Slowly, he lifted his hand and brushed the hair sticking on her face. Her breath hitched when his fingers came into contact with her cheek. She felt like his fingers left fiery trails on her skin because sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter