Threat.

7 FOUR 7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“She is dead and she is a police”

 

“A police? How could that be? Youngjae can’t access her information” Jinyoung asks

 

“Her real name is Park Chaeyoung. She is a big one. She is on a case for a really long time, and really low key about it until she decides to go on undercover which means she had to change everything, and when I says everything, I mean everything about herself, social media, all her photos on the internet, basically her life” Yugyeom answers like a professional he is.

 

“What even” Jinyoung rubs his face.

 

The fact that he is the one who is going to tell Jisoo that Rose is dead, make him feel like a .

 

“She is the first to be dead as undercover in our department and it’s kind of saddening that nobody can talk about it” Yugyeom sighs.

 

Jinyoung look at Yugyeom’s dull face. It seems like he went through a lot because of it too.

 

“You guys were friends?” Youngjae asks and Yugyeom went silent.

 

“You had to ask huh” Jackson said as he pat on Yugyeom’s back.

 

“We weren’t that close. At all. I don’t know, she doesn’t want anyone to be her friends. In the office. But she said I was her best colleague one time, so I kind of feel the lost” Yugyeom shrugs 

 

Everyone went silent. A lot of thing comes to each of their mind.

 

“So, what was the case she worked on?” Jaebum who silently heard everything from the dining table asks.

 

———

 

It’s been two weeks. Two damn weeks since she signed that contract and she had never seen a dust of Jinyoung’s existence around her.

 

She spammed Jinyoung with tons of messages, she thought about suing, but then, came to think of it, she never lose anything if he doesn’t actually help her this time and lawyer costs grands. 

 

And of course, for two weeks straight she can’t even have a wink of real sleep. It was hard enough for her to get a job when she graduated few years back and ditching her degree doing something non related with her major plus her two years coma. Degree feels like nothing. But she was lucky that she got a job as a kid martial art trainer. Now, she could waste all her time not sleeping by training at the gym she works at, and fell asleep there for about 2 hours before it’s morning again. 

 

“It’s 8AM and you are here?” Jisoo turns around as soon as she heard that voice. She told Jinyoung the gym address, in case Jinyoung can’t find her at her apartment. And that means he read all the messages.

 

Phew.

 

“Thought you were dead” Jisoo rolls her eyes and continues to punch the punch bag in front of her, trying to forget her recent nightmare.

 

“How could I when someone send me like what? bazillion text messages” Jinyoung’s lips quirks up.

 

Jisoo tilts her neck and stretch her arms before throwing punches on the punch bag again.

 

“So?” Jisoo asks.

 

“Well, I-“ Jinyoung held it long enough by himself to tell Jisoo this, he postponed the news he can give to her for about a week now.

 

“She-“ he pause again.

 

“It’s okay. I’m ready for anything” Jisoo said with heavy breathing.

 

“She is not here anymore”

 

Jisoo throws more punches on the punching bag

 

“She passed away” he said when Jisoo didn’t responds

 

Jisoo continues to put more strength in her punches.

 

“Jisoo. Rose is dead” Jinyoung said it again, so that he won’t feel wrong and make it all clear.

 

Jisoo continues to throw her punches on the punching bag with all the strength she have. She starts to remember about that night again. She throws more punches before she falls down when she loses focus and missed the punching bag.

 

But she didn’t get up.

 

Jisoo knew that she is dead but hearing it from someone else feels so surreal.

 

She knows it but she didn’t want to admit it out loud.

 

“AAAAAAAHHHHH” Jisoo screams, as if she is in pain. Indeed, she is.

 

Jinyoung walk closer to her and pat her back.

 

Jisoo then sit on her knees. Like a mess. Tears everywhere on her face.

 

“I know it Jinyoung. I know she is dead” Jisoo sobs again.

 

“What? You know that?” Jisoo didn’t answer her but he took that as reconfirmation of a yes.

 

“Do you know that it was hard for me to actually tell you this! I felt bad for nothing then?” Jinyoung suddenly felt pissed. 

 

Just why in the world she didn’t tell me that and want me to search for Rose like a fool.

 

“She was dead right in front of my eyes! Do you think I have the heart to tell you that? You know well that I have been struggling with something in my life and I tried so hard to hide it from everyone. If you really curious about it, well then, Rose was dead in front of my eyes! She was murdered! I tried to help her, even though I was out of capability to do so. But I just want to– I don’t ing know anymore Jinyoung. It’s hard!” she sobs even harder. It was the first time for her to let the truth out loud and she knew that she really need that, and she have nobody. 

 

So here she is, exposing everything to a stranger that she helped and eventually the one who saw her weakness every time they meet.

 

Jinyoung pat Jisoo’s head and his hand came down to her cheeks, wiping her tears before he pull her in a hug. 

 

A hug. She didn’t realise that she need it so badly until this moment, right there, in Jinyoung’s arm.

 

Jisoo sobs and let it all out as Jinyoung pat her back before she hugged him back.

 

CLICKS

 

Jisoo and Jinyoung both loosened the hug just to see someone no other than Jisoo’s new colleague or to be exact her new boss, Kim Jennie, standing in front of the main door. 

 

“Did I just interrupt a couple reconcile session?” both of them broke the hug and Jinyoung stands up and clasping his hand, feeling awkward. 

 

Jisoo wipes her tears, stands up, and let out a smile for Jennie, acting like nothing had happened.

 

“You’re early” Jisoo said with the brightest smile Jinyoung had ever seen.

 

She was crying at one moment and another moment she have this brightest smile. Amazing.

 

Jinyoung whispers to himself.

 

“Yeah, just need some training like to sober up. But, good that you are here because I brought extra breakfast!” Jennie said while waving her left hand that is occupied with bag of sandwiches and breads.

 

Jinyoung looks at Jisoo, try sending a signal that he should go.

 

But as expected, she doesn’t get the signal.

 

“Hey boyfriend! Join us!” Jennie said while putting her bags.

 

“I am not her boyfriend” Jinyoung said firmly.

 

“Not yet, I see” Jennie shrugs as she take out the sandwiches.

 

“He is just my....” Jisoo pauses as she thinks of a better words to put Jinyoung’s position.

 

“...punchbag” Jinyoung look at her with a weird look.

 

“Sure. Whatever you say, punchbag is going out of here” Jinyoung walk out from the training room.

 

His phone chimed.

 

Jisoo: Can we talk about it after I’m done with my shift at 6? Sorry about the punchbag. 

 

“Does she thinks I’m in middle school to be pissed over whatever she wants to call me?” Jinyoung said as he ignored the text Jisoo sent to him.

 

——-

 

“He is not your boyfriend?” Jennie asks as she munch the sandwich in her hand.

 

Jisoo shook her head.

 

“But you are crying and hugging?” she asks in sarcasm.

 

“It’s complicated but he is far from that” Jisoo grimace.

 

“Well I guess that can happen in relationships you know” Jennie said and continue to munch everything in .

 

Jisoo and Jennie’s first meeting was when she was in the 10th grade. They were classmates for two weeks before Jisoo transfers to another school. They had never talked to each other until two weeks ago when Jisoo was searching for a part time job. Jennie just calls her out of nowhere asking if she is Kim Jisoo because she never forgets any face that she ever encountered with. 

 

It was amazing and all but something about Jennie’s aura is making her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter