Misunderstanding

7 FOUR 7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She take out the knife she took from the attacker back then in her coat. She stole it since her blood was on the knife and she can't risk to get caught just because she saved a freaking criminal. She put it in her pocket before she walks out, looking at Jinyoung struggling with the first-aid kit. 

"747?" Jisoo asks. Jinyoung look up at her sharply as he heard she mention the group name.

"Who are you really?" Jinyoung stands up feeling threatened. 

"747? Police are after you. Swindlers team? Isn't it?" Jisoo try to sound confident and act like she is not nervous to actually invite a criminal into her apartment.

"Police are after us? Are you serious? What are you? Cop or something?" he throws questions non stop. 

"I'm- I- am" her voice cracks. Jinyoung walk around her in circle.

"Interesting" Jisoo just look at him with rage as she is holding the knife in her pocket.

"What?" Jinyoung walk back and sit down on the couch again. He is more relaxed now. He don't know how she knows about 747 but he knows that she is obviously not a police. He decides to play with her a bit.

"You are not a police. Police are after us? We work with them" Jinyoung lies. Even though it's not a completely lie anyway. They do help police with their work. They are just ungrateful if they are after them.

If she take my bait then I know she know nothing about us.

Jisoo tensed. Yugyeom lied to her then?

She don't know who to believe. 

"You are swindler. Don't think that I would believe you" Jisoo stays at the same spot.

"Alright. You know 747 but you obviously don't know me. You don't even know my name back then in the elevator. What is your deal now?" Jinyoung tried to negotiate.

"What is YOUR deal" Jisoo asks him back.

"Nothing. I was doing my work when you came to help me" Jinyoung shrugged.

"What is 747 deal then" she asks

"Why do you think I would tell you that?" he glared. Jisoo remains unamused. She put her hand out, let the knife in her pocket alone.

"You know what? I don't think I care anymore" she gave up. Jinyoung's brows creased.

"Care about what?" Jisoo stare at him emptily. 

"I was damn scared to come here at first so I went out to take some air but then I saw you fighting with the guy and he took out a knife and I don't want to be any murder witness anymore that's why I helped even though I don't freaking know who you are. I don't even know which one of you is the bad one but I still helped just because I don't want to witness another murder. Now that you ended up in my apartment I eventually know where you came from and obviously you are not someone random. I don't ing know if you are a bad person like I thought you are and I was scared if you would do anything to me. But now, I think I don't care anymore if you kill me or do anything because I don't want to live anymore either" Jinyoung was taken aback with her sudden bursts. She take out and throw the knife from her pocket and it falls on the floor, in front of Jinyoung. Jinyoung frozen by her action.

"There, in case you need any weapon" Jisoo points at the knife soullessly. Jinyoung look at her in disbelief.

"Look, I think you misunderstood me. You are right I am not a kind person or whatever. You are right, I am indeed a swindler. But I don't do . We con people for justice because police can't settle it alone, I'm telling you just in case you are still wondering what is our deal and do you really think I would kill someone who helped me?" Jinyoung snapped. 

"I can think whatever I want because I don't know you" Jisoo replied simply, as if she didn't say anything that offend him.

"Well, let me tell you that I don't do things like that" he get up and walk to the TV table. He rip out one of the memo pad there and write his number. 

He walk to Jisoo and hands out the small paper on his hand "Here, in case you want 
any compensation for the cut on your hand" 

Jisoo just stare at it and look up. "I don't need it"

Jinyoung shrugged.

"Well then" he crumpled the paper and drop it on the floor before he walk out the apartment. 

"Don't say anything about 747 to anyone. I know how to find you if you say anything about us" Jinyoung then leave.

Jisoo fell on her knees as he walk out. 

I really want to die though.

----

 

Jinyoung switch on the light of his apartment. He walk to his room and open his working table drawer. He take one of the few phones in the drawer and dial Mark's number.

He pick up right away.

"Where are you?!" Mark sounds panic.

"I'm already home" Jinyoung walk to the mirror to look at his beaten up face clearly. He look really awful. He sighs. It's gonna be a while for the bruise to fade away this time.

"Are you okay?" Mark asked through the line.

"I guess" he walk to his bed and sit on it.

"I'm sorry I was lost while finding the car but we went to pick you up and you weren't there? There's police too" 

"Yeah. It happened somehow. But I'm okay now so don't worry. Let's just meet tomorrow" Jinyoung ed the top button of his shirt. 

"Sure" Jinyoung hang up and throw his phone on the bed and get up to take a shower.

It was already 1 in the morning when he decides to walk to the public phone Jisoo told her. But he managed to hail a cab when he walked halfway there. 

He flinched when the warm water hit his skin once he step in the shower. This is his first project after two years and he didn't think he would end up like this. He was always careful with their plan but they slacked off this time maybe because it's a comeback after a long rest. Thinking about it, he would end up worst if Jisoo didn't save him back then. But somehow, there is a weird feeling around her that he don't want to think about. He didn't get to thanked her for saving him but looking at how she respond to him back then in her apartment, he don't think she will ever ask for a thank you at all. With a mutual feeling, Jinyoung don't think he wants anything to do with her anymore either. Though, the fact that she knows about 747 is still bothering him. They have never been obvious about their group they can even call themselves the most lowkey 'swindler' team ever considering they even took 2 years rest during his break. 


--------


Jisoo fell asleep on the floor last night right after Jinyoung left. Her back start to hurt because of the sudden mess last night and to make it worse she didn't even clean the cuts before she fell asleep and that is the reason she spent two hours at the clinic to clean her deep wound. It was deep but for Jisoo, it's not a big deal anyway. It will eventually get better with time. She spent half of the day running errands to cover up her sudden two years hiatus. Get her wound treated, cash out some money, renew her credit card, get some hair cut, buy a new phone and now, the last thing, police station. She need to find out about what happened to Rose. 

She walks in and made an eye contact with an officer. The officer has that cat eye on her, her hair was combed neatly and stuffed like a bun, she have that sharp glare on before she softened as soon as they made an eye contact. 

"Can I help you?" she asked. Jisoo paused for a second before she nods.

"Take a seat" she made a gesture, asking Jisoo to sit on the chair in front of the table.

"So, are you here to report something?" she said while focusing on whatever shown on the monitor in front of her. 

"Well, I need to know if there is anyone named Rose Park was reported involved in an accident" the officer cocked her eyebrows.

"What do you mean by reported?" she asks, her eyes now focusing on Jisoo.

"Does anyone report about Rose Park's death?" Jisoo asks again.

"I'm sorry Miss.."

"Jisoo"

"I'm sorry Miss Jisoo but reports are not presumed to be open to the public" she explained.

Jisoo clicked her tongue. 

"Then I'd like to file a report"

The officer made a weird face but nods anyway. She made a gesture as a signal for Jisoo to continue with the report.

"I was walking that night when a car flipped upside down. But, the driver then got out from the car and burned it. My friend was in the car. I saw her. He burned her alive....." tears start to creep up again but she blink it away. 

The officer now starts taking her seriously.

"When was it?" the officer asked as she is typing her repor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter