First Meet

7 FOUR 7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo tied her hair up after feeling uncomfortable and not used with her extra long hair. She step out from the room. Yugyeom is still there at the living room. It passed 7 in the evening. 

"I'm going out" Jisoo said while walking pass the living room towards the apartment door. Yugyeom look up. He look at her outfit. Plain black shirt and jeans that he bought for her after she woke up and that's it. 

"It's chilly. You are going out like that?" Yugyeom asks sounds a little bit judging. Jisoo roll her eyes before Yugyeom stand up and take his coat for Jisoo. He hands out the coat together with a small purse. 

Jisoo gave him a question look and ignore his approach. Yugyeom sighs. She still have that side on her.

"I know how much you hate asking me for these. I'll leave it here. It's up to you if you want to take it. There is shoes for you in the rack. Maybe consider yourself to buy a phone too. You can pay it back anytime if you hate the idea of using my money" he put it on the shoe rack near the apartment door. Jisoo still ignore it and turn around to leave.

"The night I found you. You weren't wearing any coat as well" Yugyeom said and walk away to the living room before she can leave. Jisoo bit her cheeks from the inside and look at herself. She have nothing anyway. No phone, no money, no coat, no shoes. She let out a big sigh to swallow the fact that she really need to take it. She put on the coat, take the purse and wear the shoes. 

Now I feel like I'm his daughter. Great. How embarrassing. 

"Bye" she says before she go out from the apartment. Yugyeom smiles when he heard the way his sister 'thanking' him. 

Jisoo take a look in the small purse Yugyeom gave her. There are loose change with his credit card in it. She hail a cab to her apartment. It's her first time to go out after two weeks. She could say after two years but she felt like two years before was two weeks ago anyway. She open the window. A puff of wind swept through her hair. The breeze is cold and she know that. Maybe the coldness now felt nothing to her. The lump she kept in and the coldness of that night came back to her mind. Embracing her with the dark memories all over again. She feels lonely and speechless all the time. Even before the accident, if it's not because of Rose she would just became a zombie and go through her day just to kill time. She swallows the bitterness. If she knew this is how she would end up to, she rather die on that day, the day that still haunts her sometimes. When she first woke up, she still feels like it was just a dream after another dream. Some corner of her mind sometimes controlled her a lot when she have nobody to talk to for the past two weeks. Sometimes, she feels like the Jisoo inside is tormenting her a little by little that she have no other choice but to force herself to talk to the counsellor and doctors who came by. It would make her less controlled. She is indeed still battling with herself from time to time whether she deserve this life or not, but something in her doesn't feel right about the way Rose died in front of her own eyes and so she chose to stand up with this life, for Rose sakes, at least.

Seeing her own brother taking care of her after not meeting him for 10 years feels like a dream too. He changed so much that Jisoo was taken aback when he first came into the room, but eventually she knew it was Yugyeom when he gave him the timid look when they lock their eyes. He is the only one who would look so scared of her like that even though Jisoo can really do nothing to him now. She is not surprised if Yugyeom hates her now. She tried so hard to make him hate her when she were 14 though, if he do hate her now then it's a 10 years worth mission.

When she reached her destination, the smells somehow feels like home even though it is not as welcomed as how she came back here 2 years ago. Both time, she came back in sorrow, except this time Rose is not here with her. She put in the passcode to enter the main door of the building. It's still the same. The door then opened. The interior changed a bit, but the lobby still look spacious as before even after they added some furniture there. She walks forward towards the mail box besides the door for emergency stairs. She look at the mail box of her apartment number. There are stacks of envelopes full of letters in it and Jisoo don't think she can read it all by tonight. She left all the letters in the mailbox alone and walk towards the elevator. Every memories came back and wash her up with sorrow again as she step in the elevator. The door closes but it remains static since Jisoo didn't press any level button. She look at the buttons for a long time, rethinking if it's even possible for her to enter the apartment without feeling sick and think about Rose. She starts to have flashbacks about that night again as she began to tear up. She promised Rose and herself to be strong but maybe Rose could cut her some slack for a moment. 

The elevator made a 'ding' sound and the 
elevator door is open again. Someone enters the elevator and press a level button.

"You are going to same the level miss?" she asked while pressing a button to keep the door open. Jisoo paused a second before she answers:

"It's okay. I'm going out" she bowed slightly before going out of the elevator. She walk out of the building and take a deep breath. Maybe she need something to chill her out maybe some beer-- nope, she thought. Even beer remind her of that night, so maybe ice cream would do. 

She starts to walk around, through the opposite way she used that night. She know that nothing can possibly make her forget about what happened that night, but for now she think she need some time to get away from things that triggers her memories and fresh wounds. Unlike the opposite way, the road and sidewalk here were light up with the street lamp everywhere. But it's still as quiet as the opposite way. Most of the house were empty, or that's what Jisoo knew two years ago. She guess it's still the same since the houses still as dark as it was before. This neighbourhood is well known for the not so affordable price with no accommodations, the nearest convenience store and bus stop is 15 minutes away if you are walking. 

As she was walking, someone bumped her from her back and effortlessly bowed or more like a nod before he continue running. Jisoo simply nod back before she sees the one who bumped into her stop on his track few meters away from her and went to the alley on his right which Jisoo knew its a dead end alley. Her brows creased but she chose to ignore it after a second since who knows what he gotta do at the alley, nobody give a damn about it anyway. She continued walking as she heard rustling sounds when she got nearer to the alley. 

What the hell is that?

She peeks in silence, afraid that it'll bring her in another bad situation. She gaped the moment she saw the scene. 

This neighbourhood is really something else.

Jisoo was about to walk away in silence or maybe call some police but she paused when she saw one of the guy take out a knife. 

No. Not another murder.

She is getting a little panic and so she look around and sees a SOS button, she is not sure if it's for fire alarm or what but she decides to use it anyway. She needs to break the glass first, not risking her hand just to break the glass, she made a high kick and break the glass. The alarm light up but didn't produce any sound which Jisoo is more than glad. She stretch her back before she peeks again. The guy who doesn't have any weapons is at a disadvantage, and so she decides to help even though she doesn't know which one is the bad guy. But she know that she is not going to be any murder witness anymore. 

Jisoo quickly pull the one with knife away from another guy who is still laying on the ground. He was taken aback by her action and pointed the knife at her this time. She kick his knee and hold his wrist, sending signal for him to let go of the knife. He didn't let the knife go and point it towards her shoulder. Jisoo take a look at the guy who is still laying on the ground to see if she have a slightest hope for him to stand up and help her over here but he didn't even move. She take a deep breath and hold the knife using her left hand to make sure he didn't stab her on reflex when she kick him on his gut and slam him down. She can feel the pain as her palm got a cut because of the knife. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter