Broken

7 FOUR 7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jisoo is running in the dark. The alley she is on is endless.

 

“Jisoo! Jisoo!” Jisoo looks around to find Rose’s voice screaming for her.

 

“Rose! Where are you?!” Jisoo ran on the endless alley, searching for Rose.

 

“You are supposed to be dead” Jisoo turn around as she heard that and saw the faceless driver that ran after her that night. A sharp long steel is on his hand.

 

Jisoo walk backwards slowly as the murderer gets near her. She stumbled down because of her own steps.

 

“You should have died” The murderer said and swing the steel towards Jisoo.

 

Jisoo’s eyes shots opened.

 

A nightmare. Another nightmare. Except that this is the scariest for Jisoo so far.

 

Her hands and whole body starts to tremble badly as she is sweating bullets even with the AC on.

 

She hugs herself and tears stream down her cheeks. She thought she is gonna be okay but it just get so much worse.

 

Her phone vibrates under her blanket. With fears of the nightmare that still washed all over her, she picks up the call. 

 

“Jisoo”. No answers.

 

“I’m sorry about that day but can we talk–“ Jisoo sobs.

 

Jinyoung paused from what he is meaning to say.

 

“Jisoo?” She sobs again.

 

“I have been meaning to talk to you but you didn’t pick up my calls, so I- ” 

 

PANGGG

 

A loud thud is heard outside of Jisoo’s bedroom.

 

Jisoo gasps.

 

She put her phone aside and walk out from her blanket. Jisoo hold her breath, feeling afraid.

 

She peeked outside but everything is dark. Jisoo then slowly walk outside to see what had happened. She tip toed so that her steps would not make any sound. 

 

She the light and saw her coffee cup was shattered on the floor. She touch her forehead and brush her hair with her fingers.

 

Suddenly she heard the door creaking. She wasn’t sure which door it is, so she froze there for a while before she heard a distant voice calling for her name.

 

She tip toed and peek at the front door.

 

Weirdly, her front door is slightly opened. She walk slowly to close the door.

 

Right before she about to close it, the door was block by someone behind the door, outside her apartment.

 

Suddenly her nightmare flash back in her mind. 

 

Jisoo screams and lean on the door with all her weight to close it. The door closes before she heard someone calls for her again behind the doors.

 

“No! Don’t disturb me! Go away you ing murderer!” she said it out loud.

 

Then someone knock on the door softly.

 

“Hey, it’s me, Jinyoung” Jisoo stands straight as she heard that voice. 

 

Jisoo open the door just to see Jinyoung’s clueless face. She wipes off her tears with her palm.

 

“What do you want?” she hissed and walk inside, leaving Jinyoung to enter her apartment by himself.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked instead.

 

Jisoo rolled her eyes, acting like nothing happened.

 

“I am more than okay. Can’t you see?” she said and walk to the shattered cup to clean it up.

 

“Well, I can’t” Jinyoung replied. Jisoo turn to give him a can’t-you-pretend-you-can face. 

 

They just know each other a week ago yet Jinyoung had seen her weak side so many times and she hates it. 

 

“Someone told me that he doesn’t want anything to do with me yet he calls and come in front of my door out of nowhere” Jisoo said sarcastically.

 

Jinyoung sighs.

 

The least I can do is to help her to pay for what I had done.

 

“So? You need me to find your friend right? Is that it?” Jinyoung said as he sits on her couch.

 

Jisoo’s face brightens up as she heard that. She walk to Jinyoung abandoning the shattered cup again.

 

“Are you going to help?” she asks suspiciously.

 

Jinyoung sighs once again before he nods.

 

“But why? You rejects my idea like it was the end of the world and suddenly you came up to say you are willing to help?” Jisoo sits on another couch, facing Jinyoung.

 

“Well actually—“

 

“But it would be nice if you can find me the one who caused this whole mess as well” 

 

“You know, she said things like if only she didn’t involved in accident, she would’ve known the truth about her friend or whatever” 

 

Jinyoung remembered about what Jackson had told him during their lunch.

 

She is searching for me then? Sikes.

 

“Well, I can only find your friend and that’s that. No extra request here” Jinyoung cleared his throat. 

 

“Can I trust you though? Why are you saying yes?” Jisoo raised her eyebrows.

 

“Well....... for helping me back then. Since you didn’t take the compensation and I don’t like owing people” Jinyoung massage his palm. He always does that as a habit when he feels wrong.

 

Jisoo sighs and nods at his answer.

 

She still don’t know if he is really a criminal but she doesn’t have much choice. It’s not like she knows anyone to help her. Jinyoung never act like someone harmful either, except that he was beaten when they met for the first time and that still remains as a suspicion to Jisoo.

 

“Is there any cafe near here?” Jinyoung asked.

 

“Yea, Eclipse Cafe, near the corner” Jisoo said while staring through the thin air.

 

“Good, then meet me at Eclipse, 3 PM tomorrow” Jinyoung stands up and stares at the shattered cup before walking towards the door.

 

Jisoo ignores Jinyoung action before she realised that she is going to be alone in the apartment again. 

 

“Jinyoung!” Jinyoung halt as he heard Jisoo calls for him.

 

Jinyoung waits for Jisoo to say whatever in her mind but instead she walk into her bedroom and walk out in a coat and scarf around her neck. 

 

Jinyoung raised his eyebrows, questioning her action.

 

“What are you doing?” he asks.

 

“Going out” she said.

 

“Why did you call for me then?” he asks again.

 

“Just because I think we can go downstairs together” she shrugs and push Jinyoung out of her apartment before locking the door.

 

“By the way, your apartment doesn’t have an automatic lock?” Jinyoung asks.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter