Her.

7 FOUR 7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How do you think I can find it when you yourself can't find your own friend?" Jinyoung replied, still mesmerised by her demand.

"I know you can or to be exact 747 can" she demanded.

"We can't. Stop talking like you know" Jinyoung sounds pissed.

"You guys are complete right? Fighters, hackers" she points at him ".. swindler" 

Jinyoung glares. They didn't broke their eye contact. It feels like they are getting more intense by fighting with their eyes.

"Just letting you know, we don't do random things" he locked his jaw.

"This is not random though" Jisoo shrugged.

"It is. You can just report it to the police and they will find way" he put his right hand on the steering.

"Didn't you said that 'police can't settle it alone'" Jisoo mocked 

"That's not what I meant" Jinyoung clicked his tongue "just go to the police or hire some personal investigators" he continues.

"You think I didn't? It's complicated than what you think. If only I didn't get into an accident I would have saved her and I won't ask you to find her like this. Do you think I want to ask you?" the ego in her came out. From what he sees, he can tell that she's been going through a lot but he really can't do things like these. They never work on things that didn't involves corruption. They did it not just because of money. They did it because of the rights but Jisoo won't understand it anyway, so he didn't bother to explain.

"Do you even know how much money we take per case?" Jisoo shrugged.

"It's $50K and above" 

"I can work with you guys if my money is not enough for that" Jisoo replied simply yet it sounds so ridiculous for Jinyoung 

"Even if you have enough money, I won't do it and you work with us? That's ridiculous" he reacted.

"Fine. I know you're impossible to talk with and I can't believe I actually talk to you! And it's not ridiculous because it seems like I fight better than you" she hissed and get out from the car. Jinyoung open the window to see her walk away before he call her out:

"Hey! Your compensation!"

Jisoo turned to him and shot him a glare before she walk away, ignoring Jinyoung.

Jinyoung click his tongue. She is insane. 

Jisoo stumps towards her apartment. She is so annoyed that Jinyoung wouldn't even consider to help her after she saved his freaking life. 

Ungrateful bastard. 

Jisoo walk into her room and saw a photo of her and Rose sat on the corner of her dressing table. She pick it up to look at her again now that everything about her seems so mysterious.

"Who are you?" she asked. But of course, no answer. Jisoo starts to think that it's impossible for Rose to be alone all along. She must have family who waits for her. She must have someone she work for or else how did she get all money to afford her life. It's impossible that people ignore her disappearance or to be exact her death. Jisoo look at the photo again before an idea pops out. 

-----

Spring; 2002


"Junior!" Jinyoung turned to see the only person who would call him that.

"I said don't call me that!" 8 year old Jinyoung pouts and put both of his hand on his waist.

"Why not? You are younger than me so you're supposed to be my junior" Kiyoung clicked out his tongue.

"Junior is not a cool name" Jinyoung replied, sulking.

"Make it short. Let me think" his brother scratch the back of his head, thinking.

"JR? How is that?" He let out his cheeky smile.

"Just use my real name instead" Jinyoung pouts again

"I don't want to. A nickname make you feel special don't you think? Just use JR as a gift from me to you" Kiyoung poke Jinyoung's cheek.

"Then what is your nickname?" 

"Hey cuties! Can you guys please come here for a while?" before Kiyoung could answer it, Miss Jung call them out. Jinyoung stands up and dust off the sands he was playing with off his palms. His brother did the same. They both walk to their teacher. Miss Jung look at them both for a while, back and forth before she take Jinyoung's hand.

"You can go back playing, I will take Jinyoung for a while" Kiyoung smiled and pat Jinyoung on his shoulder before ran off to play with his other friends.

Miss Jung holds his hand and walk him to the office. Somehow, he felt uneasy when he saw Miss Jung's smile. She is always all smiley even from the first day they were sent to the orphanage. But this time, it feels different. She let his hand go and ask him to sit on the chair behind the counter. She walk off to someone Jinyoung actually familiar with. 

He look at Jinyoung. Jinyoung smiles and wave at him. 

It's Mr Park. He always came on weekend to visit the children at the orphanage. Jinyoung is one of the closest with him. Jinyoung enjoys Mr Park's company. He is someone Jinyoung actually look up to. 

Mr Park shook hands with Miss Jung and call Jinyoung out. Jinyoung smile, showing his precious eye smiles and hug Mr Park, welcoming him like usual, except its not weekend.

Miss Jung sit on her knees to match Jinyoung's height and pat his head.

"Mr Park will take you home today. Is that okay? You can call him dad too now" Miss Jung caressed his plump cheek. 

Jinyoung was so happy to hear that. He will have a dad now. He never knew his biological dad all his life. Their mom raised him and his brother single handedly before they were sent to the orphanage after his mother passed away 3 years ago. 

"Really?! Okay! I'm going to tell Kiyoung that we have a new father now! Are we going back together with you today?" Jinyoung jumped excitedly. Miss Jung and Mr Park were silent and look at each other when he bring up about his brother.

That's when Jinyoung knows he will not going back together with Kiyoung.

"No! I'm not going without Kiyoung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter