Chapter 6

The Journal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I sighed as I sat down at my desk. Grabbing a pen, I opened my journal to add Hwanwoong’s name to the list.

 

Yeo Hwanwoong:    Success

 

I smiled tiredly at the word. I never knew how it could lift my spirits so much. Then I reread the entire page again and something caught my eye. One of the first sentences.

 

Hey, it’s me. You. Whatever. So we can see death. Or well…dream it

 

 

So then what were the visions I had earlier then? Was that a new thing? Furrowing my brows, I stared at the words. Could I have just forgotten to add that part? Shaking my head, I turned to an empty page and began to scribble down words.

 

A couple of things happened today that I need you to know. I saved a guy today, but that’s not what’s important. What’s important is that I had a vision. Two actually. Now, I don’t remember if this is a normal thing so I’m writing this down to ask you to keep track of it. Also, I think I remembered something about Mom and Jinho? It seemed like the morning of when we went to Busan?

 

Jinho and I talked about my room being dirty then I asked him if he wanted anything. I’m still so confused by all of this. Just..do me a favor and start writing down any of the memories. Even if they end up being like dreams or something. Maybe we can start to piece this all together. Find out what happened to Mom.

 

With that, I sighed and got into bed. Hopefully, I get my memory back soon. Something just isn’t sitting right that the boys don’t know what happened to her. It’s possible that Jinho just didn’t tell them, but you’d think Jinho would at least bury her somewhere close.

 

---

 

“Alright, then I want some of that raspberry wine that’s really popular there. The cave one?” Jinho said, smiling before he stuffed his face with breakfast.

 

“Wow, okay.” I laughed.

 

We finished eating then Mom and I got our things. Jinho came over to watch our kitten while we were gone. I mean the drive to Busan alone is about 5 hours. Not a very good idea to leave a kitten unattended.

 

“He better not poop on me again.” Jinho glowered at the tabby playing with his mouse toy.

 

“He hasn’t done that in months! He was a newborn what do you expect?”

 

“No, he planned it! He did it like 5 times. Only when I was holding him!”

 

“Then he just hates you.” Mom laughed, “Come on Jinkyung.”

 

I hugged Jinho before walking out of the house. As soon as we got into the car, my stomach started to turn. It was probably just excitement. Halfway to Busan, we pull over to get gas. I stay in the car while she goes and gets snacks and pay for the gas. My stomach turns again. When I look up I see a man in all black leaning against the gas station building, his foot resting up against the wall. He was super handsome. Could be an idol honestly.

 

“Okay, so they didn’t have any good food this time. We’ll just get something in Busan. Deal?” My mom asked, getting back into the car.

 

“Deal.” I laughed, looking at her. Glancing back at the handsome man as we pulled out of the gas station, I noticed he was staring at Mom. “Oooh, Mom. A really handsome guy was just staring at you.”

 

“Hey, your Mom still has it. Where do you think you and your brother got it from?”

 

“See, now I agree with you about me, not so much Jinho.”

 

“You’re right he takes more after your father.”

 

“Are you sure about that? Dad was really handsome. Jinho looks like you found him under a rock.”

 

“You’re horrible.” She laughs, turning on the radio.

 

We spend the next couple of hours listening to music and laughing about random things. Pretty soon, we’re about half an hour from Busan and my stomach lurches. Something feels wrong. Looking around, I noticed black storm clouds gathering in the sky. It was just sunny without a cloud in sight. What’s happening?

 

“You feeling okay?” Mom asks me as I frown and put a hand to my stomach.

 

“Yeah. I think I’m just get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter