Chapter 5

The Journal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure this is the place?” I asked Chan, looking up at the building in front of us.

 

“I mean, this is the address on the pill bottle. So I’m assuming so.” Seungmin responded, walking up next to me with Felix in tow.

 

“Thanks, smart .” I hissed at him.

 

Sighing, I adjusted my bag on my shoulder before walking in. Considering how much I hated my doctor, I was nervous to see them. We decided to make a stop at the doctor’s office before going to my brother’s grave so that I could get a little more information before then.

 

As soon as I walked in, I noticed a blonde receptionist sitting at the desk. He didn’t look up when we walked in but instead typed furiously on the computer. We got closer to him and he still didn’t look up.

 

“Um..hello.” I hesitatingly said.

 

He still didn’t look at us. I glanced at the boys, who had matching faces of confusion.

 

“Excuse me?”

 

More typing.

 

“Sir?”

 

“Doctor Kim said he’s not available. Please make an appointment.” The man said, turning around and grabbing a clipboard. Handing it to me, he stood up and walked away.

 

“Wow…” Felix trailed off.

 

“What a keeper,” Seungmin muttered under his breath.

 

“In any case, let’s go to Jinho’s grave. See if we can rouse some memories?” Chan suggested, starting to walk towards the door.

 

“Yeah…let’s..” I trailed off, looking at the door the receptionist walked through.

 

Something seemed off here. The building..the receptionist. Adjusting my bag again, I followed the boys out the door. Jinho was buried in a local cemetery which unsettled me. His grave was so close, yet I hadn’t visited him. Not to mention I didn’t remember his death. It hadn’t set in that my brother or my mom was dead. It felt like when you see in the news that someone died. You feel sad for the family, but then move on.

 

That all changed as soon as we walked up to his actual gravestone. Seeing his nameplate made my stomach drop. It was all true. They were dead. The boys didn’t know where my mother was buried. The only one that would know that was the man lying in the ground before me. My knees buckled and I fell into the soft grass. Suddenly it became harder to breathe and my vision faded to see a man standing in front of an ATM when suddenly the power pole across the street splinters and crashes on top of the building in front of him, trapping and crushing him to death.

 

“Yeo Hwanwoong. Power pole. 10:45 pm.” I whispered, my vision suddenly returning.

 

I looked around and noticed that the boys were kneeling around me, concerned. Felix had his hand on my arm. Quickly fishing out my phone, I looked at the time. 12:30 pm. So I had a little while before it happened. Biting my lip, I grabbed my journal out of my bag and scribbled his name at the bottom of the list.

 

“Did you have another vision?” Chan asked, his voice shocked.

 

I just nodded an answer and closed my eyes, reliving the vision. I kept trying to pinpoint where he was. It was too dark to see any street names. The only thing that really stood out was his face lit up by the ATM. I focused on the name of the bank he was using. It’d be hard to find the right one, but it’d be a start.

 

“He’s using an ATM to Neo Culture Bank.”

 

“There are thousands of those in Seoul alone!”

 

“It’ll take forever to find it. Can you see anything else?”

 

“No, it’s too dark. Just him, the ATM, and the power pole that kills him.”

 

“Well, we have a time frame. That’s a start.” Chan said, standing up.

 

I set an alarm for 10:45 pm. Hopefully, now that I had mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter