Chapter 7

The Journal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I furrowed my brows as I stared off into space. Felix was right. I couldn’t just jump straight into trying to find a murderer. Especially one that I don’t know the face of. I didn’t even know where to start. Neither did the boys as we all sat in silence, all of us in deep thought. Finally, when I couldn’t take the silence anymore, I the TV. Flipping through the channels absentmindedly, I landed on the news.

 

 

 

“Still no word on Doctor Kim Doyoung. He was reported missing after his receptionist was murdered last month. The police at first thought he was the prime suspect, however after more details were released to the public about the case, it’s clear that this is another Perfume Killer case. Reporter Jung Taekwoon is here with the story.”

 

 

 

We all looked at each other quickly.

 

 

 

“Yes. It appears that after being silent for almost a year, the killer decided to strike again. This time, on a male victim. It’s a known fact that this particular serial murderer prefers female victims between the ages of 35 and 52. Why he attacked the 26-year-old has police baffled.”

 

 

 

“What the hell is going on?” I whispered, leaning closer to the TV.

 

 

 

“The victim was found, if you remember, in one of the examination rooms of the doctor’s office, which has since been abandoned. What’s particularly surprising is that the body was only partially burned. All his other victims had been burnt to unrecognizable points. It seems that the killer was in a hurry or, as the public has theorized, a copy cat has begun its own spree. Police are still searching diligently for the missing doctor. If you have any information, please call the number you see on the screen.”

 

 

 

“Hey, Jinkyung? Isn’t that your doctor?”

 

 

 

“I..uh…” I walked over to try and find out my doctor’s name on any prescriptions or pill bottles, but nothing. I apparently really hated my doctor and scratched his name out everywhere. “Okay, so that’s a bust. Um..maybe we go back to the office?”

 

 

 

“I mean..your mom was targeted by the dude and you want to potentially go to an office where a doctor was kidnapped and another man was killed by the same dude. Sounds completely sane to me.” Chan scoffed.

 

 

 

“That’s true.”

 

 

 

“Can’t we just look it up? How the hell did it not say his name anywhere?” Seungmin sneered.

 

 

 

“Well I’m sorry, I wasn’t exactly thinking about what my doctor’s name was on the way to my brother’s grave! I obviously hated the guy, so I’m not surprised that I scratched his name off of everything. I mean look at the notes on my fridge.”

 

 

 

“Guys? I looked up the address we went to.. that building is supposed to be abandoned. Like there’s no doctor through there. The building has been closed down for years.” Felix said, not looking up from his phone.

 

 

 

My vision faded to black again. The guys’ voices slowly faded out and instead I was in a dark room. There was the sound of water dripping nearby. I also heard the faint sound of someone’s panicked breathing along with the quiet jingle of chains. I looked around, confused. I couldn’t see a single thing. With a giant boom, a metal door swung open and the panicked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter