Chapter 3

The Journal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“D…do I know you?” I whispered, clutching the door tightly. They shared a look with each other.

 

“We’re uh… your brother’s friends? Remember we’d hang out all the time?” The blonde said, making furrow my brows.

 

“Jinho’s friends? You mean…” I looked at each of their faces. “No way..”

 

“Yeah, it’s us. Chan, Seungmin, and Felix.” He said gesturing to the curly-haired, the brown-haired, and then finally himself.

 

“Wow, you guys grew up fast...

 

“Yeah thanks, that’s puberty for you.” Felix laughed, awkwardly.

 

“Oh..”

 

Seungmin stepped forward, smiling sweetly.

 

“Hey, why don’t we come in and catch up? Since it’s been so long and all.” I looked at the three of them, Chan seemed to have calmed down and no longer looked on the verge of being sick, however, his face had his shock ingrained into it as his flicked over my face. He looked like he saw a ghost. Felix and Seungmin both had small smiles playing on their face, but I could see confusion set in their eyes.

 

“Oh..uh..sure,” I said, opening the door and motioning for them in. They all filed in and looked around, noticing the post-it notes. They didn’t seem to want to bring them up and honestly, neither did I. I wrung my hands together nervously, trying to avoid looking at them. There’s nothing quite as awkward as nearly having a breakdown and then your brother’s friends show up out of nowhere.

 

“So how is Jinho?” I asked, trying to fill the awkward silence.

 

“Uh..same as always I’m assuming,” Seungmin said, looking at the other two. Their looks were getting very uncomfortable. It felt like they knew something that I didn’t and weren’t sure how to tell me.

 

“D... um…. what’d you come over for?” I asked, motioning to the small couch that would barely fit them. They squeezed together and I hesitated before grabbing the single dining room chair and dragging it by the couch. I could’ve sworn my apartment was bigger than this before…

 

“Uh..well... I was walking earlier and got hit by something and I wanted to return it so... Is this yours?” Felix asked, setting the familiar blue journal on the table. This has to be a nightmare.

 

My hands started to shake uncontrollably. Chan may look like he wasn’t going to throw up, but I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter