Chapter 4

The Journal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I wracked my brain as hard as I could to try to remember something, anything, about the last year. The last memory I have is calling my brother to tell him where Mom and I were going. He said to bring him something. There has to be something.

 

”Jinkyung? Are you sure you remember nothing?” Seungmin asked, receiving a slap to the arm in turn.

 

”Why would she lie about that, idiot?” Felix hissed at him before turning back to me.

 

“When’s the last time you guys saw Jinho?” I whispered, staring straight ahead.

 

”The day before he died. He was worried about you. Saying he was going to visit you the next day.”

 

”How’d he die?”

 

”He fell off a building. You were there.” Seungmin said gently. My brows furrowed as I slowly turned to look at him.

 

”I was?”

 

”Yes.”

 

I stared at him for a while. This all sounded fake. It has to be a nightmare. It can't be real. It can't be.

 

”What about you three? How did I save you?”

 

The boys looked at each other. There it is again. The feeling that they know more than they're letting on. Why do they keep doing that? What aren’t they telling me?

 

”I mean we were almost in a car wreck the other week?” Chan offered.

 

”That happens all the time though. Idiot drivers.” Seungmin shut him down.

 

”Well, Felix did start a fire the last time we went to the park and someone walking by just dumped their cup of water on it.”

 

”I told you I didn’t mean to do that!”

 

”Plus that was a guy.”

 

”I’m out of ideas.”

 

”Me too.”

 

I stared at the three of them with a small grin on my face. They did this all the time whenever they hung out with Jinho. They honestly seem to operate on one brain cell a lot of the time.

 

”Maybe it was something you did that we didn’t realize?” Seungmin offered. I shrugged and sighed in response.

 

We spent the next couple hours catching up and decided that tomorrow we would visit my brother and mom. The only problem, I won't remember any of this. They’ll have to debrief me once again.

 

“Well, how hard could that be?” Seungmin smiled brightly.

 

“Considering how I freaked out over my own handwriting let’s see how I’ll react to you three I guess.” I sighed, a major headache coming on.

 

I wonder how many times I’ve had a meltdown. It had to happen often right? It's not every day you find out you have some sort of weird power where you can save people and then find out you could've saved your only remaining

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter