Chapter Five

365 Not-So-Fresh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My heart almost jumped out of my chest the moment I realise that Hui was never asleep at all. "I-I'm sorry, I d-didn't know you were awake." I stuttered and blushed, flustered. Hui sat up in an instant and shook his head fervently, "No, no, please don't apologise for that. There's nothing to be sorry for. I should be the one to say sorry, I shouldn't have scared you like that." I sheepishly smiled at that, "What are you doing still awake?" He asked, gentle.

My cheeks turned into a darker shade of red at my hand still being in his grasp, he noticed and slowly let go of it. Somehow, a wave of disappointment washed over me from that action and I didn't understand why I felt like that but soon got a grip of myself, "Oh, I totally forgot to provide you with a blanket knowing you're sleeping out here. It gets chilly here at night so I, uh, had to make sure that you're warm."

 

 

Hui softened at her words and felt himself falling for her even more. She cared. She cared about him. She wanted to make sure that he was warm. No one ever cared, for him at least. He moved on the couch and patted the space beside him, motioning for her to join him. She blinked and hesitated for a while before shyly setting herself down beside him. "Here," Hui spoke, placing the blanket over her as well, "As you said, it's chilly out here." He stared down at her and felt his heart jump so quick, it was beating faster than it did almost being caught by the police.

"So, why did you help us?" He asked and she was left to calm her heart down before embarrassing herself, "I… don't exactly have a reason for that. I just felt it was the right thing to do. You guys were injured and clearly needed help. Besides, you guys don't seem like bad guys." Hui felt his breath hitched, "Well, you don't know that." She frowned and protested, "If you were bad guys, you would have hurt me already."

Hui shook his head before sighing, "There are a lot of bad people

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter