Chapter Three

365 Not-So-Fresh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"D-do you guys need help?" The red-haired girl nodded eagerly, "Yes, yes, please! We need a place to stay!" I blinked and nodded quickly without thinking twice at these poor, wounded people, "Yes, of course. Come with me." The two other guys seemed to have hesitated for a bit before bringing themselves to follow after me.

Along the way up the apartment stairs, we've all managed to exchange names. Unlocking my front door, I sheepishly welcomed them into my small unit and have them settle down in the living area, "So uhh if you guys don't mind me asking, what happened?" I wanted to slap myself for asking after seeing their expressions turn uncomfortable.

The guy named Hui cleared his throat, "We prefer not to talk about it, sorry." I blinked and nodded quickly, "O-of course. I'll be back in a minute with a first aid kit, yeah?" Hyuna beamed gratefully, "Yes, thank you!" Hurrying into the bathroom, I grabbed the emergency kit that I kept in a safe place and returned to the trio. "Here," I set it down on the coffee table and left it open, "Help yourselves while I prepare the spare room for you."

 

 

Hui felt his heart warmed, a feeling completely new to him. No one has ever offered such kindness to him. He felt apologetic for not being able to disclose what had happened to them to their saviour. After all, she did take them in and offer them a place to stay, the least they could do is be honest with her. But they couldn't just tell her that they're criminals on the run.

Hui couldn't help but feel guilty as he watched her set down a first aid kit in front of them and then began preparing a room for them to sleep in. He simply couldn't figure out why anyone would do so much for people they don't even know. He sat, wondering how she'd react if she found out who they were.

His eyes wandered over to the couple sitting opposite of him and clenched his fists as the feeling of envy once again fill him up. Hyuna, though lightly bruised herself, focused only on tending to E'Dawn's wounds while the latter squirmed under her touch. His eyes were so focused on the couple, he didn't realise a certain someone sat down besi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter