Chapter One

365 Not-So-Fresh
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Hwi Taek has always grown up being all by himself, he was a problematic orphan. He didn't know what it was like to be loved by parents or friends. He was cold and unwilling to make new friends at the orphanage, he didn't want pity or any stupid feelings that will cause him to ever put his trust in anyone other than himself. Ever since his parents left him in that bloody orphanage, he knew he could never trust anyone if he couldn't even trust his very own parents who gave birth to him.

He hated all the cheery, loud and annoying kids in the orphanage, he could never understand what they were being so happy about. What's so good about being abandoned by your own parents? What's so good about being alive if your parents didn't even want you? He hated his parents, he hated everyone. He hated his own existence, he wished he never existed. He intentionally scared away every potential adoptive parents who ever showed interest in him. 

He promised himself that he won't let himself be adopted by anyone, he would leave this hole of an orphanage when he was old enough and he'd do whatever the hell he wanted to. He took the opportunity to education for granted but he didn't care about having the 'ideal' future. He was going to have fun, he had all the freedom and no care in the world. He had nothing to lose. So when he reached the age of eighteen, he's never been any happier as he left with a light backpack and never looked back.

 

With his minimal amount of education qualifications, Hui couldn't possibly find any proper job that could earn him enough amount that would satisfy him. And that was when he decided on being a thief as a choice of career. He was not going to be just any thief, he was ambitious. He was going to be famous and wanted by the police, he was going to be successful in what he was going to do. The path he chose brought him dangers on a daily basis, but he didn't care. He was pleased that he was good at it.

There were bound to be some failures and consequences faced but none of that has stopped him. It was just another day stealing from people here and there. He came in close to getting something big but he was caught in the act and escaped. Or at least that's what he thought until a bunch of goons started catching up to him. He was outnumbered and had nowhere else to run to. He suffered a beating but it was nothing he couldn't handle, at least he was still alive.

With his brui

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter