Chapter 3

Ghostwriter

When I woke up the next morning, I realize that I’m staring at a ceiling that I don’t even recognize. Scrunching up my nose, I hear the softest breath beside me. Thinking it was just Chi-Chi, I turn over to greet my puppy, but what I’m met with is not my dog. It’s the face of a very pretty boy.

...Pretty boy…? I blink, my brain slowly registering that this is not my dog. A boy!? Sitting up real quick, I have to make sure that I’m wearing my clothes still. After confirming that I’m clothed, I turn to look at the boy again. My sudden jolt had woken up the not so happy boy, but when his eyes finally registered that I am was in the bed with him, he let out a loud yell of surprise, causing me to yell right back out of panic. A loud thud hits the roof and Chi-Chi starts barking loudly in response, scuttling her fat out from under the covers of the air mattress next to the boy and I.

“What the hell is going on!?” A body topples over the top of the bunk bed, rubbing his head, “Sakka, what’re you doing in the same bed and Jungkook?” I stare at the boy in front of me. Last night’s events finally settling in my mind once again.

“Oh yeah…” I let out a small sigh, climbing out of the bed.

“Don’t just say ‘oh yeah!’” Jungkook yelped, “What’re you doing in this bed!?” I stare at him for a long moment before shrugging my shoulders pretending to be nonchalant. On the inside, I’m pretty much freaking out, but he doesn’t need to know.

“Well, I was sleeping,” I told him plainly, still trying to maintain my poker face. By now the other five boys had sleepily poked their heads in.

“You’re trying to act cool,” Namjoon started, poking my cheek, “But your face is all red.” He teased.

“You’re one of those closet erts, aren’t you?” Jungkook stated bluntly, standing up from his bed as well.

“What’s going on here?” V asks, scratching his stomach with a yawn. Now that I’m fully aware of my surroundings, I look to each boy and realize something was very off about each of them.

“Why aren’t you guys wearing any clothes!?” I shrieked, covering my eyes. I feel them each move to, what I’m assuming, check themselves out. They all laugh at my bashfulness, moving out of the room.

“A closet ert shouldn’t be so embarrassed about guys in just their underwear,” Jungkook pouts as they all scramble to one of the two bathrooms. I guess they’re giving me some privacy to get ready… That’s nice of them- wait, did he just call me a-

“I’m not a closet ert!” I bellow, making sure my voice can be heard around the entirety of this house which was followed by laughter from each and every boy. I let out a whine while I start to get dressed for the day even though I have no idea what I’m doing at all.

While the boys were finished getting ready, they were preparing breakfast; Namjoon had told me I was going with the boys and I should dress how I would go into a normal job. As I was finishing up my hair, Jin poked his head into the bathroom.

“Are you ready yet?” He chastised causing me to scream in response, drawing a brown line of lipstick across my mouth. He starts cackling at my response, opening the door wider, “You’re certainly a jumpy one.”

“Let me guess, knocking isn’t a thing for you guys, is it?” I question, trying to fix the lipstick stain on my face.

“Sorry, sorry,” He apologized, pressing his hands together and bowing a little to me, “You’ll have to forgive us, we’re not used to living with girls anymore. Most of us don’t have sisters either, but we’ll try to be more considerate. Come out when you’re ready, breakfast is finished.” Not many have sisters, huh…? I should try to be more considerate of them, they’re trying to just live their lives up, so I can feel comfortable. Sighing a bit, I walk out into the living room after I finished fixing myself up for the day.

Each boy gave me their own cheerful morning greeting as I sat down next to J-Hope and Jimin. It was sweet of them to make breakfast, I smile and look at the meal. I can’t help, but grow concerned when I notice that they’re using cooking equipment as plates, cups, and forks. I pick up my measuring cup with morning tea in it.

“I didn’t know what you usually eat for breakfast,” Jin explains carefully, smiling, “So, I just made a lot.”

“Hope you have a big appetite,” Jimin chirps toward me. Each boy places food on my frying pan plate causing a laugh to irrupt out of me.

“So, the closet ert actually looks like a girl with a little makeup on,” Jungkook teases, sipping his tea. I flush, giving him a scolding look. Typical boy response.

“I’m telling you, I’m not a closet ert!” I huff, picking up the chopsticks that were set out for me, “And you guys came to my house after I took off my makeup! I know it’s not a pretty sight, but it’s your own fault!”

“We did sneak up on you, didn’t we?” Suga chortles, setting his rice bowl down. He smiles at me as he continues, “How did you wind up in Jungkook’s bed anyway?”

“Force of habit, I guess,” I shrug sheepishly.

“Ah, so you cuddle with the guys you sleep with,” V nods his head as if to say he understands. Rolling up my paper napkin, I throw it at him. V lets out a yelp in surprise, dodging my napkin ball.

“I do not do that!” I huff once more, “I cuddle up to Chi-Chi every night when I get cold! I must’ve gone searching for her in the night and wound up in Jungkooks.”

“How could you confuse me for a dog?!” He exclaims, starting to laugh. I quirk an inquiring brow at him, feeling a smirk play on my lips.

“You're both like a warm water bottle,” I begin to tell him, “You’re like little kids, so warm and cuddly.” I . He pouts, throwing a napkin ball at me in turn. I squeal, dodging the object as if my life depended on it. We continue throwing paper balls at each other for the next few minutes before Namjoon intervenes

“Children! Children!” Namjoon cackles, stopping us, “We have some important matters to discuss.”

“Least they’re getting along,” Jin chuckles. It’s weird, they’re all so easy to talk to. I’ve only known them a few hours, and yet, for some reason, I feel right at home with them. Ironic, isn’t it? I smile at them, tossing Chi-Chi some bits of the egg roll Jin made when she comes up to sit down next to my chair, “Oi! I made that special for you! Don’t waste it on the dog!” Jin whines, holding his heart.

Anyway,” Namjoon calls everyone’s attention and we all look at him, “Starting today, Sakka will be coming to work with us to get to know each one of us.”

“What do you mean?” I ask him, tilting my head, “I don’t know any job that I could handle.”

“Other than writing our music,” Suga states as if to finish my sentence.

“You’re going to go to all of our appointments as our administrative assistant,” Namjoon states plainly, sipping his tea. I widen my eyes, standing up from my chair, causing it to collapse to the floor.

“Huh!?” I cry, “What’d ya mean administrative assistant!?” The boys start cackling once more.

“Her accent!” Jimin wheezes, holding his sides. I flush, hating that my accent only comes out when I least what it to.

“You’re not really going to be our assistant,” Namjoon snorts, trying not to spit out his tea, “Your only job is to write music for us, but you’ll travel around with us to understand what we are like as people.”

“Oh…” I mumble back, quietly pick up my chair.

“You wear your emotions on your sleeve, don’t you?” Jungkook asks me, staring me down slightly.

“I can’t help that I show what I’m feelin’!” I whine, my accent still going strong. Clearing my throat, I look around the table, “Can somebody pass the toy sauce?” I ask quietly.

“I’m sorry?” J-Hope leans forward, grinning at me, “What did you just ask for?”

“...Soy sauce,” I cover up my family tick very quickly while J-Hope gives me a cocky grin, handing me the condiment.

“What’re we doing about the bathroom situation?” Jimin asks, cocking his head to the side.

“Well, we all take a while getting ready as it is, but…” Jin trails off, looking at me, “How fast do you get ready.”

“Uh…” I tap my chin, “Maybe an hour and a half at the fastest, three hours at the longest.” Each boy stares at me bug-eyed, “What? Some girls take longer.”

“Girls are weird,” Jungkook mumbles, taking his dishes into the kitchen.

“How about getting some little door tags,” J-Hope informs them, “Like the ones at the hotels! That way when Sakka is in the bathroom, we won’t walk in on her and the same goes for us, so she won’t walk in on us!”

Namjoon nods his head as everyone begins clearing the table, “Yeah, that should work. Sakka, are you okay with that?”

I nod my head in response, “That works for me, but I think we have a bigger problem than just the bathroom situation.” I inform them as they each look at me curiously.

“You crawling into people’s beds?” Jungkook asks me, obviously still not over the whole situation.

“I won’t do it again!” I yap at him causing him to cackle and wheeze in response, “This house is way too messy for my tastes.”

“You really are a neat freak, aren’t you?” He asks me, looking around the house, “But… It probably could use some cleaning up.”

“Since I’m staying here and eating here for free,” I begin to tell them, looking around at the tsunami-like disaster, “I’ll clean and cook for you guys.” They each look at me in surprise before shrugging their shoulders.

“So, you’ll basically be our mom,” J-Hope grins at me, giving me a big hug, “Mommy, I missed you!”

“Oi! Get offa me, ya here!”

“We have our own little band mom!” Jimin coos, patting my head. This is the first day of my life with BTS and I thought their teasing was relentless then, but it got way worse as I began to get closer to the band.

When the car arrived for us, we left the studio home that they are staying in. I am starting to get an idea of how big BTS really is. They have a total of four managers: Sejin, Hyunsoo, Hobeom, and Jigaemae; their main manager is Sejin and he’s the one who sent the car to come and get us. Sejin is the like the “big dog” manager of the group, or at least that’s what V told me, not that I understand what he meant by that.

All four managers know the situation of what is going on with me and this globally famous boy band. We arrive at Big Hit Entertainment to meet with some people over this upcoming album. For this album, each member is going to be performing a solo song that is entirely produced by that person.

When we arrive, we get right to work and everything around me is happening in a flash. While the boys are discussing the order of who goes where and what kinds of songs may be good for the album, Sejin is trying to discuss with me this outrageous schedule. My eyes are as wide as saucers and they’re spinning as if I was being hypnotized. Oh god… What am I getting myself into…?

“Sakka!” Jungkook calls me over and I stagger over to the boys, looking at them with the same confused expression that I started with, “Have you been listening?”

“Ah… No, no I have not,” I hang my head, already upset with myself for not getting everything right in the first place. Jungkook smiles at me, patting my arm in reassurance, he pulls out the seat next to him so I can sit down.

“Don’t freak out,” He whispers to me with a gentle smile, “It’s your first day, you don’t have to be perfect.” His warm words set my anxious heart at ease as I look to the other members.

“So, this album is going to be mostly focused on love songs,” Namjoon informs me, setting down the spread of what each song is.

“Love songs…?” I ask him, looking down at the papers, “Why love songs?”

“We want this released on Valentine’s Day,” Suga begins to tell me as he watches V toss up and down something that looks glass and very expensive - Is that an egg…? As I’m staring at the object, I realize, I haven’t been listening until Jungkook used his extremely fast reflexes to grab the egg from V who whines in discontent.

“Sakka,” Namjoon throws a piece of paper at me causing me to jump in surprise, “Earth to Sakka, stop zoning out!” I give a sheepish laugh, rubbing my neck.

“Sorry, sorry,” I put my hands together like a prayer, bend my head under them in an apologetic manner, “But do you normally do love songs?”

“We’re a boy band,” Jimin states as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

“And I’m Santa Clause,” I tell him sarcastically, sighing as I look at the spreadsheets again, “What kind of music do you usually produce?”

“K-pop, R&B, hip-hop, EDM…” They each start explaining to me what they do this band of theirs. They sing, they dance, but apparently, it’s a lot more than that. I sigh and hang my head, the feeling of defeat settling into the pit of my stomach.

“What is it?” J-Hope asks me, raising an eyebrow.

“Nothing, nothing,” I wave him off, looking at the songs once more, “You do realize I’m not one for writing love stories, right?”

“You’re a writer, you can do anything as long as you imagine it,” Suga states plainly to me, leaning back in his chair.

“No, I mostly write comedies. I have never even tried to write romance,” I sigh in contempt.

“Why can’t you write love songs?” Namjoon asks me, looking genuinely curious. I cannot tell him that I’ve never been in love before. I’m twenty years old and I’ve never even remotely experienced a romance in my life.

“...So, love songs,” I change the subject quickly, “How do you want it to sound?”

“Well…” J-Hope begins, looking thoughtful for a moment, “We each want to present these as if we are telling our fans that we love them.”

“That doesn’t really help me that much…” I wrinkle my brow, the anxiety in my stomach starting to knot up more. Can I really do this?

“Love comes in different forms,” Jungkook begins to explain to me, pointing to each person, “We’ve all chosen a different form of love, so it will be presented in multiple different ways. At the end of each solo song, we’ll come back as a group and sing a song about true love or whatever it is that we decided.” He looks at me with this unsettling determination in his eyes.

“So… You each have a different theme of love?” I ask them, not really breaking my gaze from Jungkook’s until I realize that I was staring, so I quickly have to look away. Namjoon leans towards me, placing a piece of paper in front of me. It has each of their name and the type of love that they have chosen to try and perform.

“Kim Namjoon… Heartbroken love…” I mumble, looking over the list, “Kim Seok-Jin… Enduring love… Kim Taehyung … First love… Min Yoogni… Unrequited love… Jung Hoseok… Playful love… Park Jimin… Love of self… Jeon Jungkook… Eros…” I blink, looking at him, “Eros means what exactly…?”

“Love of the body.” He states calmly, but I am not calm on the other hand. My eyes go wide as I look between him and the words on the paper, “Can you not do it?” I gulp back the stronger feelings of anxiety and doubt, shaking my head frantically.

“No, no!” I squeak out, holding up my hands, “I can do it! I swear!” Each of them looks at me curiously, but I try my best to smile at them reassuringly.

It’s not like I haven’t experienced… that before… It’s just, I wonder what they want to hear for love of the body…

“And the last song is yet to be decided,” Namjoon states, pointing to me, “After writing seven songs, the last one will be written all by yourself.”

“Wait, you’re helping me with the first seven?”

“Well, you’re a good writer and you have a great talent,” Namjoon sighs, looking me in the eye, “But you’re a screenwriter, not a lyricist. We’ll need you to work with us to start with before we let you out on your own.” I nod my head in response.

“You’re physically not ready to go through an entire day with us,” Jungkook begins to tell me, “So, you’ll be the first to go home and you can get started on the lyrics.” I pale slightly as I realize I’ll be in their messy house alone.

“Plus, we really want to see what a clean house looks like!” Jimin informs me, helping me out of my chair. There it is! The real reason they want me to go home!

“We also want a hot meal when we get home!” V calls to me as they begin to push me out of the room.

“I want kimchi fried rice!” J-Hope cries at the top of his lungs.

“No way! We should have Korean noodles!” Jimin shouts back to him as they all walk me to the elevator.

“You guys know I’m Japanese, right!?” I cry, looking at each cat like grinning face.

“So?” Suga raises an eyebrow at me.

“I’ll make you guys Japanese food and that’s final!” I stomp my foot as I step onto the elevator.

“Okay, we can’t really complain about that,” Namjoon holds the elevator door open as Jungkook hands me a heavy looking bag.

“What’s this?” I tilt my head in confusion.

“That has the key to the house, some money for groceries, and every song we’ve ever produced,” Jungkook explains to me, “Your first task is to listen to them all, write a song, and then bring it to us, so we can approve of it.” He grins at me, “Bye mom!” He coos, waving his hand.

“Bye, mom!” They all coo and cry at once. The elevator door closes as soon as Namjoon removes his hand from the elevator and I let out a sigh in frustration.

“What the hell just happened!?” I cry in the elevator. I can’t believe everything that was just thrown at me! I whine, opening up the bag. I blink when I notice a small notice inside. Pulling it out, I open up to read the message inside:

‘Don’t stress out too much. We’re not going to let you drown when we threw you off the ship. We’ll help you any way we can, so keep up the good work. - JK” I smile to myself, looking farther down at the end of the note, ‘PS: Could you make sashimi, pork soup rice, and sea eel for dinner?’ There were detailed recipes on the piece of paper, feeling frustration come back over me, I stuff the note back into the bag. That jerk only put this note in here only to tell me what he wanted to eat. I sigh quietly unable to hide the smile playing on my lips,

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt to make what he asked since he went through all of the trouble of writing down the recipes.” Stepping off the elevator, I walk into the awaiting car the boys had called for me.

I take the time to stop by the store and pick up the ingredients that I need for dinner, and then hop back into the silver van to go back to BTS’s home. When I walk inside, I realize that it is still messy. Setting the bags of groceries down, I go to change out of my tan dress pants, my white shirt, and my tan jacket. The heels that I was wearing were placed neatly next to the air mattress. After I changed into black compression shorts and a black sports bra, I tie my hair up into a bun and place a red and white striped handkerchief around my head. Ready to rid myself of all the anxiety and uneasiness I was feeling, I go about cleaning the house. There’s no way that I’m going to useless to these boys!

Turning on the first album I grabbed, Dark and Wild, I took out all of the cleaning supplies that I had bought and got straight to work. This was going to take a while, but I was ready for whatever this house had to throw at me. I begin by move all the clothes around the house and starting the laundry. While the laundry was going, I went about straightening up bedrooms and changing sheets (amazingly enough, there were some clean ones in each bedroom closet). The dishwasher was going to be going through many cycles tonight, so while that was making noise, I began to sweep and dust. After the washer machine dinged to let me know I needed to start another load and put those in the dryer, I began to mop and I started on dinner.

Once everything was finished, it was already eight o’clock and I was exhausted. Who knew a bunch of boys could make such a big mess… Sighing to myself, I put out all the dishes on the table and wait for the boys to get. While I was waiting for them, I sat on the newly cleaned couch with my laptop poised and ready to be typed on. I had listened to their music for hours (jammed out to a couple songs too), but now I have to figure out how to write songs of love.

I don’t know how long I was staring at my laptop, but before long the front door was opening and the loud voices of the house began to fill the room. I could hear them all shouting in surprise at the sight of the objectless floor.

“Woah!” Jimin shouted when he walked into the living room, “It smells so nice in here!” He grins at me. Each boy walks in, staring at the place in awe. I quickly get up from my place on the couch and grin at them.

“Welcome home!” I tell them, walking into the kitchen.

“Is that food I smell?” V asks, cautiously walking into the kitchen.

“Yeah!” I chirp merrily, “It’s all ready for you guys!”

“A clean house and she’s actually a nice person,” Jin jokes, helping me put food on the plates. A shout comes from one of the bedroom and J-Hope bounds out of his room.

“Guys, our rooms are clean too!”

“You asked me to clean the house, so I cleaned the house,” I told them, shrugging my shoulders.

“We were only joking,” Namjoon informs me, looking at the food, “Hey, these look like all of Jungkook’s favorites!” Said boy bounds into the kitchen peering at all the food.

“You did make it!” He smiles at me, “I figured you wouldn’t!”

“What? Did you text her or something?” Suga asks, sitting down at the table. I laugh a bit, shaking my head as Jin, V, and I serve dinner.

“No, he just left me the recipes in the bag he handed me,” I inform them, plopping my happy into a chair next to Suga.

“It looks amazing!” They each seemed to light up even more when it comes to food and I couldn’t help, but smile.

“Go ahead and dig in,” I tell them and it didn’t take long for each one of them to dig into the food that was laid out before them.

I could get used to living here, it’s like having seven new brothers. Being an only child, I never knew what it was like to live with boys. It had only been my mother and I my entire life, so being surrounded by all these happy faces really warms my heart. Smiling to myself, I enjoy the dinner I prepared as I listen to them chatter about their days.

“Uh…” I tap my chin, “Maybe an hour and a half at the fastest, three hours at the longest.” Each boy stares at me bug-eyed, “What? Some girls take longer.”

“Girls are weird,” Jungkook mumbles, taking his dishes into the kitchen.

“How about getting some little door tags,” J-Hope informs them, “Like the ones at the hotels! That way when Sakka is in the bathroom, we won’t walk in on her and the same goes for us, so she won’t walk in on us!”

Namjoon nods his head as everyone begins clearing the table, “Yeah, that should work. Sakka, are you okay with that?”

I nod my head in response, “That works for me, but I think we have a bigger problem than just the bathroom situation.” I inform them as they each look at me curiously.

“You crawling into people’s beds?” Jungkook asks me, obviously still not over the whole situation.

“I won’t do it again!” I yap at him causing him to cackle and wheeze in response, “This house is way too messy for my tastes.”

“You really are a neat freak, aren’t you?” He asks me, looking around the house, “But… It probably could use some cleaning up.”

“Since I’m staying here and eating here for free,” I begin to tell them, looking around at the tsunami-like disaster, “I’ll clean and cook for you guys.” They each look at me in surprise before shrugging their shoulders.

“So, you’ll basically be our mom,” J-Hope grins at me, giving me a big hug, “Mommy, I missed you!”

“Oi! Get offa me, ya here!”

“We have our own little band mom!” Jimin coos, patting my head. This is the first day of my life with BTS and I thought their teasing was relentless then, but it got way worse as I began to get closer to the band.

When the car arrived for us, we left the studio home that they are staying in. I am starting to get an idea of how big BTS really is. They have a total of four managers: Sejin, Hyunsoo, Hobeom, and Jigaemae; their main manager is Sejin and he’s the one who sent the car to come and get us. Sejin is the like the “big dog” manager of the group, or at least that’s what V told me, not that I understand what he meant by that.

All four managers know the situation of what is going on with me and this globally famous boy band. We arrive at Big Hit Entertainment to meet with some people over this upcoming album. For this album, each member is going to be performing a solo song that is entirely produced by that person.

When we arrive, we get right to work and everything around me is happening in a flash. While the boys are discussing the order of who goes where and what kinds of songs may be good for the album, Sejin is trying to discuss with me this outrageous schedule. My eyes are as wide as saucers and they’re spinning as if I was being hypnotized. Oh god… What am I getting myself into…?

“Sakka!” Jungkook calls me over and I stagger over to the boys, looking at them with the same confused expression that I started with, “Have you been listening?”

“Ah… No, no I have not,” I hang my head, already upset with myself for not getting everything right in the first place. Jungkook smiles at me, patting my arm in reassurance, he pulls out the seat next to him so I can sit down.

“Don’t freak out,” He whispers to me with a gentle smile, “It’s your first day, you don’t have to be perfect.” His warm words set my anxious heart at ease as I look to the other members.

“So, this album is going to be mostly focused on love songs,” Namjoon informs me, setting down the spread of what each song is.

“Love songs…?” I ask him, looking down at the papers, “Why love songs?”

“We want this released on Valentine’s Day,” Suga begins to tell me as he watches V toss up and down something that looks glass and very expensive - Is that an egg…? As I’m staring at the object, I realize, I haven’t been listening until Jungkook used his extremely fast reflexes to grab the egg from V who whines in discontent.

“Sakka,” Namjoon throws a piece of paper at me causing me to jump in surprise, “Earth to Sakka, stop zoning out!” I give a sheepish laugh, rubbing my neck.

“Sorry, sorry,” I put my hands together like a prayer, bend my head under them in an apologetic manner, “But do you normally do love songs?”

“We’re a boy band,” Jimin states as if it’s the most obvious thing in the world.

“And I’m Santa Clause,” I tell him sarcastically, sighing as I look at the spreadsheets again, “What kind of music do you usually produce?”

“K-pop, R&B, hip-hop, EDM…” They each start explaining to me what they do this band of theirs. They sing, they dance, but apparently, it’s a lot more than that. I sigh and hang my head, the feeling of defeat settling into the pit of my stomach.

“What is it?” J-Hope asks me, raising an eyebrow.

“Nothing, nothing,” I wave him off, looking at the songs once more, “You do realize I’m not one for writing love stories, right?”

“You’re a writer, you can do anything as long as you imagine it,” Suga states plainly to me, leaning back in his chair.

“No, I mostly write comedies. I have never even tried to write romance,” I sigh in contempt.

“Why can’t you write love songs?” Namjoon asks me, looking genuinely curious. I cannot tell him that I’ve never been in love before. I’m twenty years old and I’ve never even remotely experienced a romance in my life.

“...So, love songs,” I change the subject quickly, “How do you want it to sound?”

“Well…” J-Hope begins, looking thoughtful for a moment, “We each want to present these as if we are telling our fans that we love them.”

“That doesn’t really help me that much…” I wrinkle my brow, the anxiety in my stomach starting to knot up more. Can I really do this?

“Love comes in different forms,” Jungkook begins to explain to me, pointing to each person, “We’ve all chosen a different form of love, so it will be presented in multiple different ways. At the end of each solo song, we’ll come back as a group and sing a song about true love or whatever it is that we decided.” He looks at me with this unsettling determination in his eyes.

“So… You each have a different theme of love?” I ask them, not really breaking my gaze from Jungkook’s until I realize that I was staring, so I quickly have to look away. Namjoon leans towards me, placing a piece of paper in front of me. It has each of their name and the type of love that they have chosen to try and perform.

“Kim Namjoon… Heartbroken love…” I mumble, looking over the list, “Kim Seok-Jin… Enduring love… Kim Taehyung … First love… Min Yoogni… Unrequited love… Jung Hoseok… Playful love… Park Jimin… Love of self… Jeon Jungkook… Eros…” I blink, looking at him, “Eros means what exactly…?”

“Love of the body.” He states calmly, but I am not calm on the other hand. My eyes go wide as I look between him and the words on the paper, “Can you not do it?” I gulp back the stronger feelings of anxiety and doubt, shaking my head frantically.

“No, no!” I squeak out, holding up my hands, “I can do it! I swear!” Each of them looks at me curiously, but I try my best to smile at them reassuringly.

It’s not like I haven’t experienced… that before… It’s just, I wonder what they want to hear for love of the body…

“And the last song is yet to be decided,” Namjoon states, pointing to me, “After writing seven songs, the last one will be written all by yourself.”

“Wait, you’re helping me with the first seven?”

“Well, you’re a good writer and you have a great talent,” Namjoon sighs, looking me in the eye, “But you’re a screenwriter, not a lyricist. We’ll need you to work with us to start with before we let you out on your own.” I nod my head in response.

“You’re physically not ready to go through an entire day with us,” Jungkook begins to tell me, “So, you’ll be the first to go home and you can get started on the lyrics.” I pale slightly as I realize I’ll be in their messy house alone.

“Plus, we really want to see what a clean house looks like!” Jimin informs me, helping me out of my chair. There it is! The real reason they want me to go home!

“We also want a hot meal when we get home!” V calls to me as they begin to push me out of the room.

“I want kimchi fried rice!” J-Hope cries at the top of his lungs.

“No way! We should have Korean noodles!” Jimin shouts back to him as they all walk me to the elevator.

“You guys know I’m Japanese, right!?” I cry, looking at each cat like grinning face.

“So?” Suga raises an eyebrow at me.

“I’ll make you guys Japanese food and that’s final!” I stomp my foot as I step onto the elevator.

“Okay, we can’t really complain about that,” Namjoon holds the elevator door open as Jungkook hands me a heavy looking bag.

“What’s this?” I tilt my head in confusion.

“That has the key to the house, some money for groceries, and every song we’ve ever produced,” Jungkook explains to me, “Your first task is to listen to them all, write a song, and then bring it to us, so we can approve of it.” He grins at me, “Bye mom!” He coos, waving his hand.

“Bye, mom!” They all coo and cry at once. The elevator door closes as soon as Namjoon removes his hand from the elevator and I let out a sigh in frustration.

“What the hell just happened!?” I cry in the elevator. I can’t believe everything that was just thrown at me! I whine, opening up the bag. I blink when I notice a small notice inside. Pulling it out, I open up to read the message inside:

‘Don’t stress out too much. We’re not going to let you drown when we threw you off the ship. We’ll help you any way we can, so keep up the good work. - JK” I smile to myself, looking farther down at the end of the note, ‘PS: Could you make sashimi, pork soup rice, and sea eel for dinner?’ There were detailed recipes on the piece of paper, feeling frustration come back over me, I stuff the note back into the bag. That jerk only put this not in here to tell me what he wanted to eat. I sigh quietly unable to hide the smile playing on my lips,

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt to make what he asked since he went through all of the trouble of writing down the recipes.” Stepping off the elevator, I walk into the awaiting car the boys had called for me.

I take the time to stop by the store and pick up the ingredients that I need for dinner, and then hop back into the silver van to go back to BTS’s home. When I walk inside, I realize that it is still messy. Setting the bags of groceries down, I go to change out of my tan dress pants, my white shirt, and my tan jacket. The heels that I was wearing were placed neatly next to the air mattress. After I changed into black compression shorts and a black sports bra, I tie my hair up into a bun and place a red and white striped handkerchief around my head. Ready to rid myself of all the anxiety and uneasiness I was feeling, I go about cleaning the house. There’s no way that I’m going to useless to these boys!

Turning on the first album I grabbed, Dark and Wild, I took out all of the cleaning supplies that I had bought and got straight to work. This was going to take a while, but I was ready for whatever this house had to throw at me. I begin by move all the clothes around the house and starting the laundry. While the laundry was going, I went about straightening up bedrooms and changing sheets (amazingly enough, there were some clean ones in each bedroom closet). The dishwasher was going to be going through many cycles tonight, so while that was making noise, I began to sweep and dust. After the washer machine dinged to let me know I needed to start another load and put those in the dryer, I began to mop and I started on dinner.

Once everything was finished, it was already eight o’clock and I was exhausted. Who knew a bunch of boys could make such a big mess… Sighing to myself, I put out all the dishes on the table and wait for the boys to get. While I was waiting for them, I sat on the newly cleaned couch with my laptop poised and ready to be typed on. I had listened to their music for hours (jammed out to a couple songs too), but now I have to figure out how to write songs of love.

I don’t know how long I was staring at my laptop, but before long the front door was opening and the loud voices of the house began to fill the room. I could hear them all shouting in surprise at the sight of the objectless floor.

“Woah!” Jimin shouted when he walked into the living room, “It smells so nice in here!” He grins at me. Each boy walks in, staring at the place in awe. I quickly get up from my place on the couch and grin at them.

“Welcome home!” I tell them, walking into the kitchen.

“Is that food I smell?” V asks, cautiously walking into the kitchen.

“Yeah!” I chirp merrily, “It’s all ready for you guys!”

“A clean house and she’s actually a nice person,” Jin jokes, helping me put food on the plates. A shout comes from one of the bedroom and J-Hope bounds out of his room.

“Guys, our rooms are clean too!”

“You asked me to clean the house, so I cleaned the house,” I told them, shrugging my shoulders.

“We were only joking,” Namjoon informs me, looking at the food, “Hey, these look like all of Jungkook’s favorites!” Said boy bounds into the kitchen peering at all the food.

“You did make it!” He smiles at me, “I figured you wouldn’t!”

“What? Did you text her or something?” Suga asks, sitting down at the table. I laugh a bit, shaking my head as Jin, V, and I serve dinner.

“No, he just left me the recipes in the bag he handed me,” I inform them, plopping my happy into a chair next to Suga.

“It looks amazing!” They each seemed to light up even more when it comes to food and I couldn’t help, but smile.

“Go ahead and dig in,” I tell them and it didn’t take long for each one of them to dig into the food that was laid out before them.

I could get used to living here, it’s like having seven new brothers. Being an only child, I never knew what it was like to live with boys. It had only been my mother and I my entire life, so being surrounded by all these happy faces really warms my heart. Smiling to myself, I enjoy the dinner I prepared as I listen to them chatter about their days.