Chapter 2

Ghostwriter

    "That's what the favor is," Jungkook states, jumping off the counter, "We want you to write a few songs for us." Blinking, I stare at him for a long time, not fully understanding what he is meaning, "What we need is a ghostwriter, can you oblige?"

    His words continued to resound through my house; my face must’ve looked just as confused as I felt. I stared at each of the serious faces in my house before I suddenly burst into laughter. While I was laughing, each boy exchanged a glance with one another before I could finally calm myself down, wiping a tear from my eye, “A ghostwriter? Are you insane?”

    “We’re completely serious,” Jungkook sighs, crossing his arms. He is obviously not in the mood for my unwelcomed response.

    “I’m a screenwriter - no, I’m not even a screenwriter. I just lost my job as an intern at MBC. I am nowhere near talented enough to become a ghostwriter.”

    “Well, if that’s all you’re worried about, then we’ll take that as a yes,” The older looking boy grins, stepping towards me.

    “No, no!” I wave my hands in front of my face, “There is no way I could work for you guys, I don’t even know who you are! I don’t even know how you found me!”

    “Phone Tracker,” The bored boy stated calmly in that deadpan tone that I’m not even close to getting used to.

    “You said you lost your job,” The tall boy states, walking over to me, “This can be your new job. We already know you can do it, so what’s the problem?”

    “Isn’t this some kind of crime?!” Everything's happening so fast; I can barely figure out how to stand anymore. Chi-Chi runs around each boy, looking happy when Jungkook picks her up to pet her. Traitorous dog! Can’t she see we’re in crisis mode!?

    “Look, we’re desperate,” The baby-faced boy bows to me and each one of them follows suit.

    “We’re begging you! Please help us!” ...Well, this is unusual. Why would a bunch of boys be so desperate for a few songs - Wait, I can’t even write songs!

    “Who are you, people!?” It was way too long of a day to just be calm about this whole situation. Each one pops their heads up and grins at me.

    “My name is Kim Namjoon,” The tall boys tells me, gesturing to the next boy, “This is Kim Seokjin, but we just call him Jin.”

    “Hello, you can call me World Wide Handsome!” Jin jokes, giving me a friendly grin. World Wide Handsome…? What…? What does that even mean!? Jin laughs at me, what I am assuming to be, indigenous expression and pointed to the next boy, “This is Jung Hoseok.”

    “Call me J-Hope,” the friendly guy is known as J-Hope holds out his hand for me. When I take it, he gives it a nice, firm squeeze before letting go. His face grows serious for a second, “You have really soft skin, you know that?” He asks, grinning from ear to ear, earning curious looks from the other members.

    “Um… Yeah, it’s genetics, I guess…? I get it from my dad…?” I laugh nervously, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly. This is so weird, my head is spinning so much.

    “Oh, and this is Kim Tae-Hyung!” J-Hope exclaims, gently pushing the boy forward. He shifts awkwardly on his feet before sticking his hand out.

    “Just call me V,” He gives me a small smile while I gently take his hand. His eyes light up brightly, “Your hand is soft!” This is literally the most awkward situation I’ve ever been in and I walked into the boy's bathroom in my bathing suit. This is far, far worse.

    “It’s… lotion, guys, I’m sure you all use some…” V points to the guy next to him and the guy move forward slightly to introduce himself.

    “I’m Min Yoongi, but everyone just calls me Suga,” He introduces himself, a small smile playing on his lips. He has a nice smile, it’s very reassuring. The soft smile causes me to smile back.

    The baby-faced boy waves to me, grinning widely; he seems to be the kindest one even though they’re all being kind to me. Must be because they technically broke into my house, “I’m Park Jimin! Let’s work hard together!”

    “She hasn’t exactly agreed to help us yet,” Jungkook finally speaks up again, causing me to look at him. Jimin gives a small sheepish laugh and points to Jungkook.

    “This is Jeon Jungkook and he’s a bully to all of us Hyungs.” Jungkook lets out a small scoff, but you could see a tiny smile playing on his lips. He has a pretty smile too… They all look so friendly…

    “Oh, uh…” I clear my throat, bowing deeply to them, “I’m Sakka Tsukama,” I tell them, standing up straight and pointing to my dog, “That’s Chi-Chi, she’s my dog.”

    “She can come with us!” Jimin exclaims, taking his turn with the dog in his arms. Chi-Chi seems to be content with being held; I can never hold her. Her caramel is too heavy for me told.

    “Is this your room?” J-Hope welcomes himself into my home and starts wandering around in my bedroom, “We can pack for you!”

    “You shouldn’t go into a lady’s room!” I cry, running into the room, pushing him out of there, “You guys really just go to the beat of your own drum, don’t you?”

    “Only when we want something,” Namjoon jokes, looking around my tiny apartment, “There’s more room at our house.” He informs me, I’m assuming he’s trying to sweeten the deal for me.

    “We could get your name out as a screenwriter,” Suga informs me, his smile turning into a small smirk.

    “What? How can you do that?” I tilt my head, taking my dog out of Jimin’s arms. This is getting to be way too unusual. J-Hope and Jin head over to my couch to turn on the tv.

    “...Do you really not know who we are?” Jungkook asks, eyes wide in surprise.

    “...Namjoon, Jimin, Jin, V, J-Hope, Suga, and Jungkook,” I point to each prospective person, mentally cheering because I remembered their names.

    “I didn’t mean literally,” Jungkook laughed, truly smiling at me for the first time. Oh, he could probably have any girl that he wants with that smile, “I meant, do you know who we are?”

    “I just stated all of your names,” I pout, looking around again. Who are they? They’re a bunch of boys who broke into my house and me, possibly, crashed into them at the airport. Now that I think about it…, “You guys were surrounded by girls at the airport!”

    “...Okay, that technically goes with who we are,” V chuckles slightly, “Do you know why we are surrounded by girls?” I stare at them for a long moment until something clicks in my mind and my eyes go wide.

    “Oh my god…” I whisper and the five who were still in front of me start to grin.

    “Do you get it?” Jimin asks me excitedly. I slowly nod my head as I set Chi-Chi down and reach for the bat that had fallen to the floor.

    “You guys are pimps, aren’t you!?” I cry, holding the bat up, “I am not getting into that life, no matter how poor I am!” A long beat took place as all seven boys stare at me until they burst out into laughter.

    “No, no!” Namjoon cries, gently prying the bat from hands, “We’re not pimps! We wouldn’t even come into your house if we were!” Each of the boys is cackling or hooting, some are clapping their hands together like their seals. What did I say…?

    “What!? What the hell is so funny!?” I cry, looking at all of them. My eyes turn towards J-Hope and Jin and suddenly all seven boys that were standing in my home were on the television. They were dancing and singing… This a music video… As the boys all calm down from their laughter, I walk over to the tv and stare at the screen for a moment, “Who are you people…?” I whisper to them, unsure of what my life is about to turn into.

    “We’re a boy band that goes by the name Bangtan Boys,” Jin grins at me, turning down the volume, “But we go by BTS for short.” Falling into silence, I look at each boy and everyone’s eyes, still sparkling with laughter, confirm to me what he says is true and the only words that can come out of my mouth are,

    “...That’s an unfortunate name,” I tell them bluntly, earning sheepish grins from each boy, “But if you’re a boy band, then why do you need me? You could have stupidly famous musicians, composers, or producers to write songs for you.”

    Suga nods his head to me, “You’re right about that.” ...Well, thanks. You’re the ones here who asked for my help! “But it’s not as simple as asking a friend for help. We’ve all hit some form of writer’s block.” He informs me. Namjoon steps forward, placing a hand on my shoulders.

    “We are, officially, a globally recognized band,” He begins to tell me, “We usually write, choreograph, produce, and perform everything we write, but we’re getting too big for our own shoes,” Taking a deep breath, he looks at me for a long moment, “We are busy every single day with interviews, music videos, collaborations, and many other factors that we just haven’t had any time to write new music. We could ask for help from others, but that wouldn’t look too good for us in the long run. There are bands out there who could balance everything and produce a new album every six months, so we need somebody who’s unknown that could help us. With that said…” he bows to me and the rest follow suit (J-Hope and Jin scrambling to their feet before bowing as well), “We’re begging you, Tsukamu! Please, will you help us write songs!”

    They all look so desperate… They even took time out of their busy schedules to find me… As I’m looking at all of these boys - no, they’re men - as I’m looking at these men, bowing their heads to me, my mother’s words began to flash before my eyes,

    “It doesn’t matter how many people you know or how famous you become because if you don’t stop to help someone who is in desperate need of help, then you aren’t worth knowing. People need people, Sakka-chan, so you need to help when you can,” The fragile woman’s face comes to my mind and I remember how much help she needed my entire life. Hardening my resolve, I gently push each of them into a standing position.

    “Is that a no…?” Jungkook asks me, his eyes telling me every fearful emotion he’s having. Taking a deep breath, I shake my head.

    “I’m not saying no…” I tell them and as the realization slowly starts to sink in, I grin at them, “Please allow me to help you guys write songs,” It was my turn to bow at them. Cheers and whoops resound through my apartment, causing me to laugh once I was fully straightened up.

    “We should get you packed up then!” Jimin bounds into my bedroom turning on the lights, “Woah, it’s so clean in here!”

    “It’s going to be strange having a girl live with us,” Jungkook laughs, peeking his head into the room.

    “You could eat off the floor in here!” J-Hope cries as everyone files into my room.

    “Oi!” I cry, running into my room, “I didn’t give you permission to be in here!”

    “Relax, Tsukamu,” Namjoon teases, opening my closet, “We’re just trying to help you pack.”

    “I can pack myself!”

    “Tsukamu is your name, isn’t it?” Jungkook asked, plopping down on my bed. Everyone is just making themselves comfortable in my house! What is this!?

    “Just call me Sakka…” I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. Is this what it’s like to live with boys?

    “Wow!” Jin laughs, sitting next to Jungkook, “So informal already! We’re practically married to you!” He teases me with a wink. My face begins to burn as I take the nearest pillow and smack him with it.

    “Don’t talk to a girl about marriage!”

    “There’s literally not a speck of dust in here!” V cries out, opening my drawers.

    “How many times do I have to tell you to stop going through my stuff!”

    “Can we bring Chi-Chi?” Jimin questions as the fat pup jumps onto my bed, cuddling up to Jungkook.

    “If I can’t take my dog, then I’m not helping you!”

    “Oh, well, then we’re definitely taking the dog,” Jungkook laughs as Chi-Chi his face in gratitude.

    The next few hours pass with each boy going through my house as if they’ve never seen a girl’s room. Eventually, after I’ve finished packing, we end up back at their apartment at the dead of night. It’s already 1:45 in the morning and I feel bad for keeping them out so long, but I stare up at the snowy sky once more. A small smile graces my cold cheeks, maybe the snow really does still hold it’s magic for me. Each boy carries in one of my many bags and I follow them inside what will be my new home for a little.

    What I was met with was a big, fat mess, “What is this!?” I shout, looking at all the kitchen utensils thrown about. There were clothes everywhere and you would think a sewer would explode by the smell of the place. Now, this is bigger than my apartment by at least two thousand square feet, but why is it so much messier!? I can’t even see the floor!

    Plugging my nose, I watch as Chi-Chi finds herself a slice of pizza on the floor, running off with it, “Oi!” J-Hope cries, chasing her, “I was looking for that!”

    “Yeah, sorry,” Jungkook tells me, setting my stuff down in a room, “It’s a little messy.”

    “A little!?” I shouted, trying to navigate through the mess.

    “We did hire a maid once,” Namjoon informs me, sitting down on the couch, “She ran away crying though.” He jokes with me, seeming unfazed by the mess.

    I sigh, looking around the messy place, “I’m too tired to try and clean right now, but I swear to god, I will this damn mess.” I inform them as they each come out of the same room, “Where did you put my stuff!?”

    “Oh, you’re staying in the same room as Namjoon and Jungkook,” Jimin tells me with a grin, “We had a rock, paper, scissors match to decide that.”

    “Couldn’t you have asked me!?”

    “Don’t worry, don’t worry,” He cackles, “We’ll make some ground rules tomorrow since we have a girl in the house now.” I feel extremely irritated right now. Heaving an exasperated sigh, I move toward the door.

    “Fine, I guess we’ll be busy with a lot of things tomorrow,” I mumble.

    “Oh, wait! Sakka!” Namjoon calls for me and I look back at him. He grins at me in a cheeky manner that would put a monkey to shame, “You’ll be coming with us to all of our jobs starting tomorrow morning.”

    “...I’m sorry, what the did you just say?” I stare at him, throwing all common courtesy out the window, “When the did I agree to that, huh!? What in the hell is going on here anyway!? Why didn’t ya tell me this before!? Where are y’all getting the idea you can boss me around!? Huh!? Answer me, would ya!?

    “Did you hear that accent!?” Jungkook cackles. I blush, realizing my boonies accent was making its appearance so early on. I whine, trying to maintain the same glare I was posing before.

    “We’ll explain everything in the morning.~” Namjoon hums, walking by me into the bedroom, “Oh, we already set up an air mattress for you, so you don’t have to share the bunk bed with one of us.” Jungkook walks in behind Namjoon and both boys are kind enough to leave the room to go and change into their pajamas.

    Giving another whine, I walk into the bedroom. Being hit with another wave of shock and nausea from the smell of boy, I can’t believe I have accepted this fate. Is this what life is going to be like for me from now on? I watch my chubby dog hobble in and make herself comfortable on Jungkook’s bed, I can’t help but give her a challenging glare, “You’re such a traitor sometimes.” She yaps at me and I lie down on the air mattress.

    Still, in my pajamas from earlier, I pull up the blanket next to me and I realize that this house is not only messy and stinky, but it’s also freezing cold! Jungkook and Namjoon walk back in and Jungkook places Chi-Chi on the bed next to me, “You might want your dog to sleep with tonight.” I give him a grateful look as he walks over to the closet, opening it up. Namjoon climbs onto the top bunk and looks at Jungkook curiously.

    “What’re you doing?” He asks as Jungkook tosses a large blanket at me.

    “She looks like she could get cold easily,” He states plainly, laying down, “She’s small and looks like she doesn’t have enough of a body to create body heat.”

    “...I’m choosing to take that as a compliment,” I sigh, covering myself up. Chi-Chi cuddles close to me, happy to find more warmth herself.

    “Are we all ready for bed?” Jungkook asks next to the light switch. Namjoon gives a grunt of agreement and I lazily wave at the boy. With the room becoming dark once again, I hear Jungkook crawl into his bed. Staring at the ceiling, I have to resign myself to what is about to come with this situation. Boy did I not expect what was going to happen in the next couple of months.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note: I do not own BTS and anything related to them! I do own Sakka and anyone related to her! This is roughly like Scandal in the Spotlight, so if you recognize anything from that, then I do not own that. I do however own this plot line!