Chapter three- Secret Societies?

Enchanted

Alright before all yall come at me for not updating pls let me explain: As much as i was excited for this fic, this summer has been a lot due to exams and all that jazz, so i decided that for the sake of my school work and all of that, i'd update once i was less stressed. I'm really sorry forsayng that i'd update earlier, but uh..here we are!! Anyways, thankyou to those who are reading and subscribing n commenting (i read them all i promise) and once again, this fic is inspired by the show 'the magicians' :-) Also shameless plug but if u want to have discussions/leave me suggestions outside of this website, my instagram fanpage is @ jeonghansmom :-) anyways pls enjoy my ty writing i hope this isn't a total let down!!!

 

 

Chapter 3)

Before he knew it, two weeks had soon turned into two hours before his departure to Pledis School Of Magic, and Jeonghan couldn't be more excited. 

Unlike his soon-to-be roomate, he was happy to have a companion to help him around the new area.

That didn't mean that his farewell from his old apartment with Jisoo was any easier, yet a part of him didn't mind leaving as much as Jisoo seemed to be.

After pulling an all nighter to pack up the majority of his belongings, he lay lifeless on the couch whilst Jisoo struggled to get him to watch one final episode of 'Shokogeki No Soma' with him on his computer.

Although he found it odd that Jisoo made it seem like he was going to disappear forever, he tried his best to comply to the random requests he'd been asked to do 'for the last time'.

'make lemonade with me one last time'
'let's order food from the chinese place one last time'
'let's pick each others outfits one last time'

Honestly, they've never even done half of the activities that Jisoo was inquireing about, but a part of Jeonghan felt guilty enough to go along with the whole ordeal being that he was basically ditching his best friend to go to a school that his friend didn't even get into.

He knew better than to feel so guilty that he'd ditch the whole school and leave behind the world of oppertunities, but he also knew that he'd feel pretty ty if he were in Jisoo's shoes.

"I thought we finished that series." He whined, burrying himself between the pillows that rested on their couch.

"It's too late to start a new one, so it up." Jisoo said, plugging his charger in. "Please?" He pouted. 

Jeonghan sat up on the couch, rubbing his eyes as he nodded his head. 

"Only for you, ugly." 

"Rude!" Jisoo exclaimed. "I hope your new roomate is the ugliest person in the world." He stuck his tongue out, logging onto the website. "Will they even have wifi at that place? I've heard it's like the old days overthere."

"They better, but either way there's got to be internet access somehow for us to videocall and be gross." Jeonghan said, grabbing snacks from the pantry. "Where'd all the oreos go?" He asked, scanning the cupboards for the usual treats. 

"Since you're moving out I just threw them in the trash this morning." Jisoo shrugged. "There's some grapes in the fridge, though. Those are sweet." 

"I...okay." Jeonghan shook his head as he pulled out the fruits that he was going to be snacking on. "How can you even live like this?" He asked.

"Hey! You don't live here anymore, you can't roast me on what I eat." 

-

"You've got to be kidding me." Seungcheol said to himself, running his hands through his hair as he entered his dorm.

The bed he used to have had been downgraded to a twin that was moved to the far left corner, and anything even remotely near the right half was squished to the left. 

Including his TV, his liquor bottles (which he found had been emptied out), his loads upon loads of clothes that he let pile up, etc.

"Anything troubling you, Mr. Choi?" Mr. Lee asked, appearing behind him within seconds. 

"What the is all of this?" He exclaimed, pointing to the other bed. "I thought I made myself clear when I said that I didn't want a roomate."

"Well, I thought I made myself clear when I said that it was going to happen whether you like it or not, so there's that." Mr. Lee said, entering the dorm. "He'll be here shortly, and I expect you to not cause an outbust when he arrives."

"And why the would I listen to you?" He asked, crossing his arms. "I don't owe you that."

"You mean that you don't owe me for letting you stay in my office after hours, for helping you pass your classes when all of your teachers felt that you were an unsatisfactory student, for-"

"I get it, I get it." Seungcheol whined, laying down on his bed. "But I thought we were buddies, Hoon." 

Mr. Lee winced at the nickname, before settling down beside him. 

"This isn't a punishment, Mr. Choi. I don't have a choice in this matter, and neither do you. You need to learn to deal with other people, and this new roomate can really be good for you! You have no idea what you're missing out on, you know." He sighed. "Also-" He held up an empty bottle of god knows what. "Haven't we talking about drinking in the dorms?"

"Come on, chum." He grumbled, forcing himself off the bed to dispose of the bottles. "You never let me have fun."

"I wonder why that is..." Mr. Lee trailed off. "Anyways, I'll see to it that you treat your roomate well, yes?" He waited for Seungcheol to nod before clasping his hands. "Good! I'll be going now, as me and Mrs. Kim have plans."


Seungcheol scoffed as Mr. Lee made his exit, doing his best to clear his mind of what he and Mrs. Kim would be up to at this time of day.

Deciding that staying in this room was too aggrivating, he made his way down to the student lounge.


"Can you believe that?" He whined, shaking his head at his friends. "And I don't even know this guy's name."

"Didn't you see it while you were with Mr. Lee that other night?" Junhui asked. "A roommate doesn't sound too bad, to be honest." He shrugged. 

"That's easy for you to say, you're dating yours." Hyungwon spoke up, poking around at his mixed drink. 

"I'm not dating Minghao, i'm just ing h-"

"Anyways!" Eunwoo interrupted. "Just give him a chance, alright?" He looked at his watch. "The newbies should actually be here right about now. Maybe you can go and say hi...yeah?"

"No." He said, shaking his head. "This is bull."

"It's bull but it's still going to happen whether you like it or not." Junhui shrugged. "Who knows? Maybe he'll be a nice guy!"

"If he were a nice guy, he'd leave me the alone." Seungcheol sighed. "How do you even like...have any privacy with a roomate?" 

"Privacy for what?" Hyungwon asked. "Cause me and Wonho alter days where we get the room for the majority of the time, so you should do the same."

"What if his doesn't wanna leave the room when I want to...you know."

"Ew..?" Junhui said. "There's this thing called the shower where you do that, buddy."

"But what if I wanna watch p-"

"We literally don't need to hear any of this right now, I hope you're aware." Eunwoo shuddered. "Go upstairs and see if the new guy's there!" 

"Fine, fine." Seungcheol complied to the requests, forcing himself off of his couch to return to his dorm. "If this guy's an annoying piece of , then i'm sleeping in your bed tonight." He pointed to Eunwoo.

-

"Another episode?" Joshua thought to himself. "One more couldn't hurt..."

All he did once Jeonghan had left for his 'departure' was watch miscellaneous episodes of whatever he could find that was saved on his computer, resulting in him rewatching random Tokyo Ghoul episodes mixed in with The Devil is a Part Timer. 

Well, he didn't have work today nor tomorrow, and he didn't have any company anymore since his roomate was off far away, so...

"Maybe I should be more productive... maybe I should go outside and take a walk and-"

"What're you looking at?" A voice asked, interrupting his thoughts as he appeared behind him.

After the inicial shock of having a literal stranger appear in his apartment, Joshua quietly settled himself down in his couch

Who...the hell is-

"I'm Wonwoo." He offered, holding his hand out. "You're Joshua Hong?"

"Yes...?" He replied, rubbing the back of his head in discomfort. "Can I help you?"

Wonwoo smirked, nodding his head. 

"Your roomate -or, past roomate, as I should say- in attending that school down the road, yes?"

Joshua nodded, shifting in his seat. 

"Do you work for them or something?" He asked. "Did he forget something here? "He quickly got up and scurried over to Jeonghan's room, digging through to find anything of value. 

"No, the complete opposite, actually." Wonwoo said, gesturing for Joshua to reseat himself. "I work with a group of magicians who weren't accepted in but felt as though they should have been."

"O-oh?" Joshua asked. "But how'd you find me?"

"I have...connections to say the least, over there. We get the list of students who were rejected then figure out if their rejection was, well, stupid or actually valid. Most of the 'magicians' on the list were actually really ty. Like, it was embarrasing to even read through. But you-" He pointed his finger at Joshua "-you're not a ."

Joshua nodded his head along, although in all honesty, he had no idea where this conversation was going and would have been happier to had just been engrossed in his anime binge.

"Listen, Me and my team hone our skilled on the down-low. We don't need professors and masters and all of that crap. They wouldn't accept us so we learned it for ourselves." He said. "Josh, buddy. Look at you!" He pointed to his computer and his bowls upon bowls of whatever-the-hell. "Your friend left to go to some posh, high up school, so you're going to sulk about it?" He asked.

"I'm not sulking, I do this every week." Joshua argued. 

"You're a grown man, Josh. We can use you, and you can use us. You have a lot of talent that that school just doesn't see, but that doesn't mean that because you don't go there that you'll never learn proper magic. I've never stepped foot into one of those classrooms, yet I know everything that the kid's who've graduated with honors know. Come on buddy. We can use you, and you can use us to better your magic skills."

Joshua sighed, rubbing his temples as he thought about what he'd said.

"What will you get out of me joining you?" He asked. "Why're you so adiment about this, exactly?"

"Well, for starters-" Wonwoo made himself snug under the pile of blankets that lay on the couch. "In order to keep our...business of sorts busy, we need newbies. That's where you come in" He made finger guns at Josh, who looked...well...uncomfortable to say the least. "You're good, yeah. But you're not great or amazing, you're just average when it comes down to it. But you'll keep us in business and when the time comes, you'll take over and start teaching those who decide to join us. You feel?"

"That sounds good and all, but...do I have to pay?" Joshua asked. "Cause uh...my roomate who paid half the rent just moved out, so..."

"Nah, you're in for free since you were talented enough to get scouted, yeah? Those who come to us with deadass no magic skills under their belt are the ones who pay up."

"T-There are those who honed magic from nothing..?" Joshua asked. "I thought we were..."

"Special? You are, but magic isn't necessarily...one in a million, you feel? It's more of one in a thousand or so. Not that their magic skills compare to ours, but their magic skills are just...small. One of our youngest members, Sanha, came to us after noticing that he was able to light candles without a lighter. Doesn't seem like much, but we can work with that. Another person who belongs to another society was able to avoid ads when turning on the television. That doesn't seem like magic, but that sort of...power, if you will, can turn into something more."

"Oh? But then how do they find you?" Joshua questioned. 

"There's a lot of us in this society, so sometimes the word slips out. Nobody really believes us since...who the is gonna believe that there's some society with secret magicians and all that , but when people overhear about us, they get curious and want answers, you feel?"

"Yeah...so how do I sign up?" 

"You're down?" Wonwoo asked. "Just show up to our meetings and bring your paperwork from Pledis to show that you were scouted, and you're good." He nodded. I'll text you the information, okay?"

"Y-Yeah sure...do you need my number?" Joshua fumbled around for his phone. 

"Nah, I got it already." Wonwoo held his hand up. "It was with the rest of your info from your application."

"Just out of curiousity...how much exactly do you know about me?" Joshua asked. "You seem to know a lot..."

Wonwoo smirked, preparing himself to vanish away. 

"I know a lot more than you think, but you don't need to know all of that."