Chapter two- The results

Enchanted

So....I decided to update way earlier than I said I would...uh. OKAY SO I wanted to get this chapter out of the way because I figured that the majority of the fic will be once Jeonghan starts the school and all that jazz, so I figured i'd get this fic out of the way. ONCE AGAIN, this fic is inspired by The Magicians (although tbh uh i'm kind of doing my own thing already hahaha) but uhH yeah!! Anyways, i'm sorry for my ty writting but please please please comment and subscribe and all that jazz. I love you guys!!!

 

Chapter 2)

"Room M1?" The lady by the library counter asked, staring at the two before her. "Why, I don't think such a room-"

"Gentlemen!" Joshua turned around to see a young woman skid up to them, grabbing them quickly before leading them towards the back of the library. "You can't ask a non-magician about this!" She yelled in a hushed voice. 

The duo looked at each other with worried expressions, allowing themselves to be leaded by the strange woman.

She let go of them once they arrived to their designated room, which was labled as 'Testing Room 4'

"You're in here, okay?" She asked, pointing towards the door. 

"I don't think we're-"

"Go to the back of that room and walk through the wall. Room M1 is there." She said, tsking at their apprehensivness.

"T-Through the wall?" Jeonghan asked. "Like-"

"Like Harry Potter?" The woman asked. "Exactly. Just walk right through it and you'll be transported there, okay?"

The duo nodded their heads, making their way into the room. 

"Good luck on your examination, newbies!" She said, backing away from the door.

Once she was gone, the duo took a look around the room that surrounded them.

Unlike the rest of the library, the room was a plain white that carried no detail nor interesting aspect.

"Well...we should probably go, now." Jeonghan muttered, making his way up to the blank canvas. 

"Is this how Harry Potter felt before entering platform nine and three quarters?" Joshua asked, sighed as he pressed his hand against the wall. "It doesn't seem very..."

"Penetrable?" Jeonghan asked. "Yeah...but we've got to try, right?"

Joshua nodded, sighing as he backed away. 

"Let's try making a running start." He offered, preparing himself for the potential pain that he might inflict on himself.

"Is tha wise?" Jeonghan questioned. "In the books, Harry-"

The sound of Joshua hitting the wall before falling down onto the groud after his tragic attempt interrupted him, and laughter came out instead. 

"That didn't..."

"No , Josh." Jeonghan shook his head. "In the books, he just walks into the wall. Maybe we should do that?"

Joshua nodded, stretching himself out after his collision. 

"Are you ready?' He asked, looking over to Jeonghan with worrisome. 

"As ready as i'll ever be.." Jeonghan muttered, forcing himself to walk confindently. 

As soon as they made contact with it, they found themselves entering a foreign classroom.

Around 50-60 people stood in the room with eager looks on their faces.

"Please stay calm, everyone!" Shouted a familiar voice. 

To the front of the room, Mrs. Kim stood- well, floated, more like it- in front of a list of names. 

"This is the order in which you'll be tested by out affiliates!" She stated, pointing to the top. "Starting with Mr. Seokmin Lee?"

The duo watched as students made their way towards the front of the room upon their name being called, patiently awaiting for theirs to be called, too.

After around an hour, the room's population began to decrease, leaving only the duo as well as four others. 

"Mr. Joshua Hong?" Mrs. Kim called out, summoning him to the front of the class. 

He quickly stood up, making his way towards the front, greeting Mrs. Kim. 

"You'll be tested in booth 4, alright?" She pointed him in the direction of his placement before returning to her rightful position.

As he waited, Jeonghan began to make light conversation with his potential classmates.

"I'm Boo Seungkwan!" The man next to him responded upon a request for his name. "Are you nervous?"

"I'm not sure...how about you?" Jeonghan asked the man next to Seungkwan. 

"I'm okay, I think." He responded, rubbing his hands in anticipation. 

"Excuse Soonyoung." Seungkwan shook his head. "He's a little bit worried because I know a little bit more than him."

"I don't think that's important!" Jeonghan exclaimed, offering him a smile. "As long as you're passionate about what you do, you can do more than you can imagine."

Soonyoung nodded, smiling back at him.

"Mr. Soonyoung Kwon?" Mrs. Kim called out, notioning for him to come to the front. 

"Wish me luck..." He whispered, making his way up to her. 

The duo watched as he exited to go into another room, sighing as they awaited their turn.

"Honestly..." Seungkwan started, "I'm not sure if he'll make it."

"Huh?" Jeonghan asked, turning to him. "You don't...think that he'll-"

"I know it's wrong, but he depends on me too much..." Seungkwan trailed off, staring down at the floor. "Nothing he can do came naturally. I've had to teach him everything he has the ability to do, but I can't tell him that he's not talented enough, right?"

"I-I...uh..." Jeonghan opted for staying silent to collect his thoughts before continuing. "I think that it's good that you support him, but I understand why you feel that way."

"Yeah...I just don't want him to be disappointed if I end up getting in and he doesn't-not saying that i'm garunteed, but..." 

Jeonghan nodded, refacing the front of the room. 

"Mr. Jeonghan Yoon?" Mrs. Kim called out. 

"Well...good luck..." Jeonghan stood up and made his way to the front.

"You too!" 

-

After entering his booth, he settled down in his seat, facing the test instructer.

"I'll take it that you're Jeonghan?" They asked. 

He nodded, folding his hands onto his lap. 

"I'm a teacher at the school, but I won't tell you my name until I see you in class, okay?" They stated. 

"That's alright." Jeonghan started "But what exactly is the test?"

"Well...just show me what you can do to it's fullest extent." The insturcter said. "Anything and everything that you can do, and then i'll see what i'll have you to do." 

"I..okay." Jeonghan sighed, rubbinig his hands together.

He wasn't sure what the instructer meant when saying 'to the fullest extent', so he opted to do whatever he could with as much power as he could.

After he outed the flames that he created in the palm of his hands, he refolded them onto his lap.

"I'm finished." He muttered. "Was that okay?"

"Of course, of course." They nodded. "Now, i'll have you to do one more thing: Make yourself dissapear out of this booth and into the waiting room."

Jeonghan stayed silent as he stared at the instructer. 

"It's okay if you can't, but I just want to see if you can." The instructer stated, leaning back in their chair. "You have an hour to try."

Jeonghan nodded, closing his eyes.

"Dissapear out of this room?" He thought to himself. "How can I even-"

"You're doing the right thing by closing your eyes, but now you just need to force yourself to dissapear to wherever you'd like." The instructer spoke up. "Don't tell yourself that you can't do it, because you can."

He smiled politely, reclosing his eyes before picturing the room he was in before.

Thankfully, he had scanned the room before going into the booth, so he was able to get a clear picture.

"You can do it..." He told himself. "Just get from here to there. Here to there. Here to-"


"Hey! You made it out alive!" Joshua exclaimed, smiling as he ran up to his friend.

"J-Josh.." He started "How did I get here?" 

"You must've been able to teleport." Joshua smiled at him. "I wasn't able to, but the instructer said that it was okay." He shrugged. "Are you ready to go back?"

"Yeah...let's go back."


They held hands as they walked back through the wall and into the white room, making their way back to their apartment.

-

"How do you think the students did?" Mrs. Kim asked, pouring herself a drink by Mr. Lee's desk.

"Decent enough." He sighed, rummaging through his paperwork. "Certainly more that failed than not, but we've got a good amount for now."

She nodded, settling herself down onto an extra chair. 

"What's going on with that Jeonghan kid?" She asked. "He was the only one who could teleport, you know."

"Well, he's a given. There's no way that he's not getting in. It's his friend who i'm concerned with." He said. "He's good, but nowhere near the extent that we need him to be."

"How about giving him one more year?" Mrs. Kim asked.  "It'd be a shame to loose out on somebody so valuble."

He agreed, pulling out a few files. 

"Sent these people their acceptance letters, and the others some sort of way to contact me for any questions, okay?"

She nodded, storing them in her coat before snapping her fingers.


After a few minutes of quiet time for Mr. Lee, his 'favorite' student decided to pay him a visit.

After the inicial shock of his sudden appearence, he went back to his ways of ignoring everything and anything.

"So!" Seungcheol started, making his way to the bar. "You've got the list of new students, I assume?"

"Not now, Mr. Choi." Mr. Lee rubbed his temples, clapping his hands to create a drink of his own. "Is there something you need?"

Seungcheol shrugged, floating a chair from the side of the room next to Mr. Lee for his convenience.

"I just wanted to see the list of students for next year." He said, grabbing the files on the desk, humming as he skimmed through them.

"Let's not make this a habit, Mr. Choi. " Mr. Lee warned. "I wouldn't want the higher ups finding out about this..."

"About what, Hoon?" He asked, smirking at the face that Mr. Lee had made upon that nickname.

"Let's be professional and use proper names, Mr. Choi." He said, returning his attention to his computer with confussion. "How does this machiene work?"

"You don't seem to act very professional when you're alone in here with Mrs. Kim, though. The walls may be protected by the sound proofing spell that you've put in here, but Mrs. Kim always comes out of here with a deep blush and a desheveled look." Seungcheol said, earning himself a slap on the head. 

"We're both adults, Mr. Choi. We both have certain desires that-"

"Yeah, yeah." He interrupted. "You still don't know how a computer works?"

Mr. Lee shrugged, moving aside towards his window for a smoke break. 

"You figure that out." He sighed, admiring the stars outside. 

"What do you need done?" Seungcheol asked. "You need the students files to be put into the system?"

Mr. Lee nodded, floating over the adresses of all of the students from his file cabinet.

Seungcheol hummed as he typed all of the information in, staring at the list of students being accepted. 

"It's that bad, huh." He said, shaking his head. "Only twenty people who passed?"

"Perhaps, however I found a special somebody in that list of people." He said, earning the attention of Seungcheol. "There's a kid in there who had more magical ability than the  rest of those kids combined."

"What's the deal with him?" He asked, looking through the names. "What's his-"

"Yoon Jeonghan. He was able to teleport!" Mr. Lee exclaimed, clasping his hands. "That's incredible! I looked into it and I can't find any magic in his blood, either."

Seungcheol scrolled through the files after entering them, clicking on the file under 'Yoon'.

"You're right..." He said, reading through the documents connected to him. "What do his parents do?"

"They're farmers by the country side." Mr. Lee shrugged. "He lived with another magician, too."

"Is he any good?"

"Nowhere near as good as Jeonghan, but he's getting there. Maybe we'll  accept him for next year."

"Hmm..." Seungcheol trailed off, looking deeper into the documents. "Any pictures of him?"

"No, but he'll be your roomate for next year, so you'll meet him then." Mr. Lee said nonchalontly. 

It was no secret to anybody that Seungcheol was quite pleased by himself without any roommate, so this an unenjoyable surpise for him.

"Can't he stay somewhere else?" He whined, his complaints falling onto deaf ears. 

"He's too talented to stay with the new kids, and you're the only one who doesn't have a roommate! Mr. Choi, this is not up for discussion." Mr. Lee sighed, returning to his desk. 

"So give the guy his own room since he's so damn special." Seungcheol shook his head. "I like my room!"

"He's special but he's not a god! And he's going to have to leave his roomate behind. This'll be good for you. You're the only sophmore who dorms by himself. This is nonsense!" 

"So? I don't even know the guy!" He exclaimed. "I don't even know what he looks like!"

"He doesn't know you, either! He's a hansome young man with the same amount of talent as you. He'd be a good roomate. You can't change my mind, so either continue to sulk or learn to deal with-"

The loud crack of Seungcheol dissapearing interrupted Mr. Lee's statement.

"Kid's these days..."

-

"Did you get the list of students who aren't going?" Chan asked, entering Wonwoo's apartment. "I heard that the list is out, now."

"I got it, I got it." Wonwoo gave him an annoyed expression, handing him the files. "I looked through them and I could only find one guy who's decent."

"Might I ask who that is?" Chan settled himself down onto Wonwoos couch. 

"There's two of them, actually. One kid named Soonyoung and another named Joshua." Wonwoo slicked his hair back before joining Chan on the couch. "We'll contact then after the semester starts."

"How are we going to even approach them?" Chan asked "Would they even be willing to join us?"

"You were willing, weren't you?" Wonwoo smirked once he noticed Chan's silence as he took a drag from his cigar. "I already got the addresses and all that , anyways."

"Are you going to be the one who goes to them, or should I?" He spoke up after awhile. "I mean, you're kind of intimidating, and i'm-"

"I'll go, you'll stay back with the others." He stated. "You're not high up in this rank yet, Chan. God, why're you even here? Don't you have girlfriend or some to go do?"

"She's mad." He pouted. "Do you want to hear about it?" 

"Not rea-"

"She's mad because I always come here to practice my magic skills instead of hanging out with her. Won, can't I show her a little something? It'll get her off of my case to show her what I can do!"

"No, Chan. She's going to freak out! We're not supposed to be seen by the public. Also, never call me that. Honestly, you're lucky you're not addressing me as 'Mr. Jeon' like your co-workers." Wonwoo sighed, snatching back his files. "I'll send you what I need when I need it, okay?" 

"Yeah, yeah. I'm going to go apologize to my girlfiend now." Chan jumped off of the couch with excitment.

"Congrats. And remember..." Wonwoo started "don't tell her about what's going on here. Tell her you got a job. You need some money? Here."

He pulled out some money from his pocket before handing it to Chan, who stared wide eyed at the money.

"That should be enough, right?" He asked. "That's good enough for some dinner and flowers."

"I-I-" Chan stuttered. "Where did you get this, Won?" 

Wonwoo grinned, shaking his head. 

"That's not for you to know."

"Well...thank you, boss!" Chan smiled at him before skipping his way out of the apartment. 

"Hey!" Wonwoo called out for him "Make sure the others don't know about this!"

-

"Josh..." Jeonghan said softly, creeping onto his bed. "I'm really sorry about this."

"Why would you be sorry?" He asked, mustering up the most contented smile he could. "It's not your fault that you got in and I didn't"

"Yeah, but-"

"I don't want you worrying about me. I'll be okay!" He reassured. "Trust me. I'll talk to Mr. Lee to see what I did wrong. But as for you..." He quickly pulled himself off of his bed, stretching himself out "We've got to get you packed."

Jeonghan sighed, taking Joshuas place on his bed. 

"Must we do this now? I'm so worn out." He whined, rubbing his eyes. "Plus, I don't have to be there for another two weeks. Let's enjoy the time we've got as roomates while we can, alright?"

Joshua nodded, laying down in the empty space next to him. 

"If you can...would you ask him about why they didn't accept me? I mean...I'm going to talk to Mr. Lee, but if he doesn't give any clear answers..."

"Yeah, yeah." Jeonghan consoled. "I want you to be there just as much as I want to be there." He sighed. "This is going to . Not being around you anymore and all that ."

"Perhaps, but you're only four train stops away, Han. I still don't understand why it's mandatory that you dorm there." Joshua pouted. "What ever will I do without my bestie?"

"No idea. I guess it's to keep any magic that we do in one place?" Jeonghan questioned. "No idea. God, I don't even know who my roomate is."

"Do you think you'll get along?" 

Jeonghan shrugged, pinching Joshuas cheeks. 

"Probably, but i'll always prefer you, ugly." Jeonghan grinned as Joshua's offense turned to him beating him with his various throw pillows.


After his falling asleep, Joshua finally had some time for himself from Jeonghan.

He knew better than to tell Jeonghan about his true feelings, but he also knew that holding in all of his annimosity was going to do nobody anything good.

But for now, he agreed to hold it in.

"Let's just be happy that he's happy." He told himself. "No point in making him feel like this..."