Curious Cat? Pt. 4 (Last Part)

Ideas are never Irrelevant (collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

“Can I get uhm… one Matcha and one Taro please” Wendy ordered at the counter with Irene waiting on their usual table.

“Is that all Wendy-shi? Won’t you want to get some drinks?” The pink haired girl by the counter asked.

“Oh! Yeah. And, also can I get two bottles of water” The girl by the countered giggled at Wendy’s flustered expression.

“Okay, coming right up!” Since there’s no one else is in the store, the pink haired girl decided to prepare the other girl’s order by herself, seeing that her co-worker is busy with the supply inventory at the back.

“By the way Sakura-shi” Wendy leaned over the counter to look over the girl who’s busy preparing her order. The pink haired girl who seems to be named as Sakura hummed as a response while still doing her job.

“Chaeyeon’s been working too much these past few days. She’s often the last person to go home and she’s even the first one to arrive at the theater’s club. Can you please help me tell her to get some rest?” Wendy said while still looking over the counter.

“You know how hardworking she can get but sure, I can ask her to slack off a little bit” The Japanese girl said as she places Wendy’s order in a tray and put it in front of the said girl.

“Thanks Sakura-shi” Wendy grabbed her tray as she gives the Japanese girl a small smile.

“You don’t have to thank me Wendy-shi. She’s my girlfriend after all. And, uhm... enjoy your date with Irene sunbae-nim” Wendy was surely shocked with what Sakura have said and she was even more surprised when the innocent and lovely girl gave her a teasing smirk.

“It’s n-not a date” Wendy stammered as she denies the other girl’s remark.

Wendy was bright red as she walks to hers and Irene’s usual table. It is located beside the huge glass window that the store has. She placed their tray at the table and then she sat in front of Irene.

“Why are you so red?” Irene curiously asked as she place her palm at Wendy’s forehead which made her face even brighter.

“It’s nothing unnie” Wendy chuckled nervously which fortunately didn’t get noticed by the other girl.

“Are you sure?” Irene gave Wendy a stern look.

“Positive!” Wendy dorkily smiled at the other girl which made the latter laugh at how silly Wendy looks.

“You’re being dorky again Wan-ah” The older said while laughing.

“As if you don’t like it. You love me when I’m dorky.” Wendy said with her dorky expression still intact.

“Your right, I love the dorky you.” Irene chuckled

She then grabbed her plastic spoon and then she started digging in her ice cream but when she was about to eat it she stopped midway. Wendy was confused on how Irene’s expression changed from a cheery one to a serious one.

“Unnie? Is there something wrong?” The older girl placed her spoon back in the cup as she looked at the Wendy.

“What if this doesn’t taste good Wan-ah?” Wendy got even more confused with what the older girl have said.

“You could always have mine unnie if you don’t like that one”

“But, there’s no turning back once I take a bite from this.” The younger of the two can’t properly comprehend what the older wants to convey. Knowing that Irene is never the type to complicate things, she was baffled on how confusing the older girl is being right now.

“Yes… I guess so. But, at least you’ve tasted it right? It’s better than not knowing how it taste.” Wendy chuckled as she tries to shoo away the awkward vibe that they have right now which they never had ever since they became close.

“Yeah, maybe you’re right Wan-ah”

“I’m always right unnie” Wendy chuckled as she failed to see the determined look Irene has on her face. Wendy grabbed her spoon and scoped up some of her favorite ice cream.

“But, I may also be right” Irene muttered

Wendy was about to eat her ice cream when she dropped the spoon she’s holding because of what she had heard.

 

 

“Do you like me Seungwan-ah?”

 

 

 

 

“Aish!” Wendy ruffled her hair as she lays her head down on her desk. She’s been restless ever since her little confrontational talk with Irene. It’s evident in her face that she lacked sleep the night before when she’s sporting some dark circles under her eyes. Due to her unusual state, her bear like best friend has been keeping an eye on her.

“Yah, Wen” Seulgi called her best friend’s attention which the latter didn’t notice because she still ruffling her hair while mumbling some incoherent words.

“Yah! Wendy Son Seungwan” Seulgi tried on calling her again but to no avail because Wendy just kept on mumbling while laying her head on her desk. With her patience growing thin, Seulgi grabbed her chair and dragged it in front of her best friend’s desk. She sat on it and tapped on Wendy’s desk to gain her attention.

“Yah, Wenwen. What’s your deal huh?” Wendy then looked up. Seulgi was even more surprised to her up close. The circles under the other girl’s eyes are very noticeable. Her hair was a mess, her uniform was a mess and she seemed to even have forgotten to wear her tie which has never happened before.

“Omo! You look like you’ve been robbed. What happened Wen?” Seulgi said while fixing Wendy’s fringe.

“Argh… Seul, I don’t know what to do anymore.” She then once again ruffled her hair as she lays her head on her desk again.

“Wen stop messing your hair and  tell me what happened” Wendy slowly raised her head as she faces her bear-like best friend.

“It’s Irene unnie” Seulgi rolled her eyes. “I know its about her Wen, just tell me what happened so I can help you”

“We went to an ice cream parlor yesterday. The one where Sakura is working at…” Seulgi gestured the other girl to continue.

“She asked me if…” Wendy trailed off. “If I like her” Seulgi’s eyes almost popped out from its socket after Wendy revealed what’s been bothering her

 

“EHHH!!??”

 

 

Flashback:

 

“Yeah, maybe you’re right Wan-ah”

“I’m always right unnie” Wendy chuckled as she failed to see the determined look Irene has on her face. Wendy grabbed her spoon and scoped up some of her favorite ice cream.

“But, I may also be right” Irene muttered

Wendy was about to eat her ice cream when she dropped the spoon she’s holding because of what she had heard.

 

 

“Do you like me Seungwan-ah?”

 

 

“Huh? What are you talking about unnie?” Wendy was so anxious on what the older girl have said that she’s sweating bullets now. Wendy grabbed her fallen spoon and place it on the tray.

“Do you like me?” The younger girl kept on fidgeting her fingers under the table, thinking of the smartest way to deflect Irene’s interrogation.

“Of course, I like you unnie. You’re my best friend” Wendy manage to keep herself from stammering, but she couldn’t stop herself from avoiding the older girl’s gaze.

“Wan-ah look at me” Irene tried to level her gaze on the younger, but the other girl kept on avoiding it

“Okay, fine. So, you don’t want to look at me, but can you at least answer me?” The younger the mumbled “I already answered you unnie” Then silence begun to envelop the two as Irene only stared at the younger girl. Seconds and minutes have past, and it seems like the younger wasn’t able to take on the awkward silence that’s surrounding them, so she decided to speak.

“Why are you suddenly asking this unnie?” Wendy said while still keeping her gaze down.

“You told me to try right? I was adamant on asking you. I was hesitating, but you told me to at least try. This question has been on my mind for some time now Wan.”

“I like you a lot unnie” Wendy was almost sure that she saw her unnie’s eyes sparkle as she let go of those words, but it immediately lost its sparkle after she said the following words.

 

“I like you as a friend unnie”

 

“You see Seungwan? There’s no turning back from this” Irene surprised Wendy when she suddenly stood up and stormed off the store leaving a stunned and confused Wendy at their table.

 

 

 

 

 

“I don’t know what to do anymore Seul. We bumped into each other a couple of times this morning, but she completely ignored me” When Wendy got out of her car

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter