Chapter 7

What a Woman!

Chorong enters her apartment with her two friends in tow. She insisted on them not coming over because she had homework but they insisted differently, wanting to know all of her business.

"So, what did you and Miss Bomi do this week?" Eunji starts, crossing her legs in the seat in front of Chorong's desk.

"I bet they went to Jihwaja again," Namjoo says. "Bomi doesn't mind spending bills on Chorong."

Chorong smiles, it's true. She and the brunette have officially been an item for three weeks and five and a half days (she marks it on her calendar) and since then, they've been on a total of four dates, Bomi paying for three of them and one that Chorong insisted she pay on. Chorong can admit that she's high maintenance and loves being wined and dined but every once in a while she wants to be the one to pamper her girlfriend.

"We simply went to see a movie," she says.

"Well that's a bore."

"It most certainly was not, Joo. Nothing I do with Bomi could be a bore." She motions for Eunji to hand her books over, deciding to do as much homework as she can since her friends don't seem to be leaving any time soon.

"Especially in bed, huh Rong?" Eunji teases.

Chorong flushes under their gazes. "I ah –You see. We…we haven't really–"

"You haven't given her any yet?" Namjoo asks, scandalized. "Wow, she must really love you. How long has she been without?"

Chorong scowls at the undertone insinuation that Bomi's only around for the . "She cares about me very much, thank you. And…I'm not sure how long it's been for her. She hasn't brought it up yet, but I can tell she's getting restless."

"Damn, she must really love you, Chorong," Namjoo says.

Chorong's smile lights up the room. "Why thank you, Joo."

"Two months," Eunji says in awe. "She must be a raging by now."


 

"Will you quit ing?"

"No, I won't! How hard is it to wash your dish when you're done with it?"

"My ing show is on! Wait for another half an hour and I'll wash the damn thing."

"You said the same thing about the bathroom and I still see toothpaste crusted into the sink!"

"Well if it bothers you so much you clean it up!"

"It's your turn!"

Hayoung glares at Bomi from across the room and she gets it back tenfold as Bomi folds her arms tightly against her chest. "I'm telling Naeun."

"Hey now hold on a second. There's no need in involving her in this." Bomi continues to stare at Hayoung, motionless and the blonde finally relents. "I'll wash the ing dish, alright?"

Bomi sighs heavily before nodding. She walks tiredly over to the couch and sits down beside Hayoung.

"Okay, what the hell has got your so tight?" Hayoung asks as she directs her attention to Bomi. "You and Chorong fighting?"

"No, we're not fighting. We're getting along well. Really well."

"But?"

"No buts." Bomi's out of her seat and into her room before Hayoung can even ask her another question.

Hayoung chuckles darkly to herself as she turns the volume down on her TV. "Hey, Bomi-ah?"

"Yeah?"

She can barely contain her laughter by this point. "When's the last time you had ?"

Bomi rushes back into the common space where Hayoung is, face scarlet. Hayoung already knows the answer. "I –I don't know. What kind of question is that to ask?"

"You don't know?" Hayoung goads. Really, sometimes Bomi was too easy. "Well damn, Bbom-ah if you can't remember then it must have been a long time ago."

"It was actually," she says quietly. "Taeyeon at the beginning of the year remember?"

Hayoung's jaw drops. She hadn't expected it to be that long. "No wonder you're being such a . And you're not just being -y. You're being a true, grade-A , Bomi."

"I know," she sighs. "Look, I'm sorry. You can watch your show or whatever, I was just being dumb."

Hayoung turns back to her TV as Bomi wanders back into her room. "That's better." She pauses for a beat. "If you're in there taking care of business you better hope I don't hear you!"


 

"Guys, I have bad news."

Bomi and Chorong sit on the second row in the theatre as Miss Soonkyu adjusts her hair tiredly. "We're going to have to cancel the play."

"What?"

"B-but why?" Chorong asks pitifully. "Miss Soonkyu, Bomi and I have worked diligently for two months," she gestures empathetically with her fingers, "to put on this play for you."

Her voice ends in a choked whisper and Bomi thinks she sees a tear in the corner of her eye. If it were up to her the Oscar would go to Park Chorong.

"I know, Chorong," Miss Soonkyu continues, completely unaffected by the show Chorong's putting on. Bomi is a little impressed and envious because she knows if Chorong tried that on her, she'd cave.

"We don't have enough funds to put the play on. The dean of student affairs took the money and spread it out across the board. They promised that we can do a play next year but this year is a no go."

Chorong slouches back in her seat with a forlorn expression. "I'm sorry, Chorong," Miss Soonkyu says sympathetically. She gives a pacifying squeeze to her shoulder before walking out of the auditorium.

"Well at least we don't have to do this play anymore, huh?" Bomi's easy smile is turned upside down when she turns to Chorong. "Sweetheart, what's wrong? I thought you didn't want to do the play?"

Her shoulders hunch forward as she inhales deeply. "I didn't at first. Or at least I thought I didn't. But now that I don't have that play, what do I have?"

Bomi's decidedly a little put out by her statement. "Umm…me."

Chorong smiles apologetically before placing a kiss on the brunette's cheek. "Forgive me. Of course I have you, honey. And I'm grateful for you. But I have nothing in the realm of theatre to tackle now that this play is over. And if theatre is my major then what the hell am I doing without work? I suspect Miss Soonkyu is trying to ruin my career," she grumbles petulantly.

Bomi's eyes widen at Chorong's rare use of a swear word. Surprised, and a little , she grabs Chorong's hand in support. "Well, firstly, Chorong you have to realize that not everything is about you."

Chorong turns to her, affronted and Bomi holds up a single finger to stop her protest before continuing. "I'm positive that Miss Soonkyu isn't out to ruin your career. I mean sure, she did make you the star of a y play but it wasn't like she intentionally wrote a play that . And secondly, what's going on with you? You should know that in this profession actors sometimes go months, even years without work. That doesn't make you a failure."

"Nor was I suggesting that it did," Chorong says as she looks at Bomi pointedly.

"Nor was I saying you were," she recovers nicely. "But you have to accept the fact that you aren't going to always have something in your lap to work on."

"You just don't get it, Bomi." She bites her lip nervously as her hands fidget in Bomi's grasp. Bomi tightens her grip to still her moving and Chorong looks up at her again. "Then help me understand."

"I just…do you remember when we first meet and I told you that not everyone wants to be as well-known as you?"

Bomi nods.

"Well, I was lying." She frowns. "I want to be known for my talent and hard work more than anything, Bbom-ah."

She smiles dimly a moment later. "I bet that you think that's silly."

"I don't think that's silly at all," Bomi wraps her arms around Chorong protectively and kisses her head gently. "You have talent, sweetheart. And you're the most hard-working person I've ever met," she says honestly.

Chorong's heart swells at Bomi's calming tone and her amazing way of handling her. "Bbom-ah?'

"Hmm?"

"Have I ever told you that I have the best girlfriend ever?" she whispers.

Bomi laughs quietly, rubbing soothing circles down Chorong's back. "I don't know, babe. I bet she isn't half as good as mine."

"I love you, Bomi," Chorong says softly.

"I know you do," she sing songs happily.

Chorong burrows her head into Bomi's neck, eyes shut tightly. "Bomi-ah, please."

Her eyes soften at Chorong's plea and Bomi gets the feeling that she's the first person to ever say this to the girl. "I love you, Chorong." She kisses the top of her head before pulling her closer. "You know I do."


 

They arrive at lunch hand in hand and besides a few curious glances, no one seems to notice. Bomi sits down in front of Hayoung and Chorong sits beside her, opposite Naeun.

Hayoung eyes Chorong as the brunette situates herself. She opens to say something but a warning glare from Bomi stops her.

"Hi, Chorong," Naeun greets. "When Bomi told us you'd be eating lunch with us at first I didn't know if I should believe her."

"I never lie," Bomi responds as she points to her nose.

"Yes, well, that's debatable," Chorong replies.

Bomi scowls at her and Hayoung smirks at the exchange, mentally tipping her hat off to Chorong and her quick wit.

"You mean arguable, don't you, baby? After all that's what you like to do."

"Shall I define debatable for you?"

"Like I defined tactless?"

Chorong is the first to crack. Her bottom lip taken between her teeth to unsuccessfully suppress her laugh. Her tiny frame vibrates with giggles and Bomi follows soon after. Chorong wipes at her eye a moment later as Bomi places a quick kiss against her cheek.

"I'm going to get something to eat. I'll be back," she says forcefully, looking directly at Hayoung.

"Yeah, yeah. Be gone, will ya!"

Chorong turns back to Naeun with a sincere smile. "Forgive me Naeun, for not responding earlier. It's nice to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you."

"Yeah? Like what?" Naeun asks intrigued.

Chorong's instantly charmed by the blonde and she leans forward in her seat to engage Naeun in conversation more fully. "Well Bomi says that you're in the volleyball team like she is. And that you're a phenomenal dancer. And that you love drawing."

Naeun smiles proudly at the comment.

Once Hayoung feels that Bomi is sufficiently out of earshot she turns to Naeun. "Naeunie, can you go get me soda, please? Mine is almost gone."

Naeun nods and stands to place a kiss atop Hayoung's forehead. "You have to be careful though, it's not healthy."

"I'll keep that in mind."

Naeun walks off in the same direction Bomi took and Chorong's eyes trail after her with a warm smile. "She really is sweet, Hayoung."

Hayoung smiles with just a hint of bashfulness that takes Chorong by surprise. "She's something alright. But enough about me and Naeun. I wanna talk to you about Bomi."

Chorong splays her hands against the table top before leaning back in her seat and placing them neatly in her lap. "What is it that you want to discuss?"

"Bomi loves you. I'm not so sold on you but for whatever reason you have her hooked and she's hooked good." She narrows her eyes and points a threatening finger in Chorong's direction. "If you hurt her–"

"I would never dream of it," Chorong says softly. "You're right, Bomi does love me. But what you have yet to realize is that I love her just as fiercely. I would never intentionally hurt her."

"That's my best friend you got there, Chorong. You with her, you with me. And you best believe you don't want it with me," she warns.

Chorong catches sight of Bomi and Naeun in her peripheral. "Noted," she says lowly as the two girls reclaim their seats. "Wow, the two of you are still alive," Bomi comments in awe. "This whole thing might work out after all."

Chorong just smiles back at her as Hayoung folds her arms. "You act like I'm just some animal that's gonna rip her to shreds the second you're outta sight."

"Well, no. Because then I'd have to kick your ."

"As if you could, Bomi."

"That's alright you both. Hayoung-ah, are you going to drink this or not?"

The tension instantly breaks. Hayoung tends to Naeun's question as Chorong grabs Bomi's hand under the table. They share a smile and Bomi relaxes, that previous banter between all four of them affirming for her how cohesive they'll all manage to be together.

"I love you," Chorong whispers before kissing her on the lips.

Hayoung grimaces.

"Eww!"


 

Hayoung enters the kitchen, nose scrunched up as she opens the cupboard in search of honey buns. "What the is that smell?"

"Stir fry," Bomi supplies, not taking her eyes off the dish she's preparing.

"That explains the smell." She walks over to Bomi to peer over her shoulder. "What's this for?"

She shrugs her shoulder to get Hayoung out of her ear as she tries to concentrate. "Chorong. She's coming over."

Slinking over to a nearby counter, Hayoung surveys what Bomi's prepared for the evening. "Oh. Cabbage rolls."

Her hand reaches out before she hears Bomi tell her, "Don't touch them, Hayoung-ah. I'm trying to make everything look presentable."

"Whatever."

They fall into a comfortable silence as Bomi continues to busy herself around the kitchen while Hayoung stares after her incredulously.

Chorong had insisted on preparing dinner at her place so that it could be a romantic dinner with just the two of them, but Bomi insisted otherwise. She wanted to integrate Chorong into the family –no matter how dysfunctional it was— that she, Hayoung, and Naeun had cultivated since she was a first year. Chorong was of course sceptical and nervous, not knowing how to win Hayoung over or if that was even possible but she eventually agreed.

A light rap at the door knocks them both out of their thoughts and Bomi's head whips around to stare at the door with wide eyes.

"Calm yourself, Bomi-ah. It's just Naeun."

Hayoung strolls over to the door to open it.

"Hey, Naeunie," she murmurs affectionately. They share a heated kiss that's far from innocent and Bomi averts her eyes, tossing out a "Hey, Naeun-ah" as the pair giggle and stumble over each other all the way to Hayoung's room.

It's no more than ten minutes before Chorong's knocking on the door and Bomi wipes her sweaty palms on her apron before removing it and letting Chorong in. Her smile is bright but nervous as she instantly wraps her arms around Bomi's waist and leans up to kiss her. "Hi," she says shyly.

"Hey yourself," she whispers, charmed by the display of bashfulness. Bomi runs her thumb over Chorong's cheek softly, smiling as she watches her eyes sparkle with affection. She leans down to kiss her again and Chorong shuffles forward in an attempt to get closer. Her fingers glide along Bomi's back to briefly curl around her shoulders before moving back down and settling securely on her hips. She pries her lips away from Bomi's. "As much as I honestly wouldn't mind continuing this for a while, we have an objective tonight. And I cannot very well charm Hayoung if I'm standing at the threshold of your doorstep kissing you." She smiles. "No matter how soft your lips are."

Bomi pulls away with a pout before allowing Chorong in. "You can sit down. I'll make you a plate."

"I have the most considerate girlfriend ever," Chorong gushes as she sinks back into one of the plush couches in the living room. She hears Bomi grumble a "Yeah, yeah," before a loud thumping sound startles her. She turns in her seat to see Bomi at a bedroom door that Chorong assumes belongs to Hayoung.

"Chorong's here so get your asses out here so we can have dinner!"

Bomi offers Chorong a smile before grabbing their plates and walking over to the couch to sit beside her. "Bomi, you know I don't—"

"Condone swearing," Bomi drawls with a roll of her eyes. "I get it. Although, I think it's a little hypocritical considering how filthy your mouth can be in the heat of the moment."

Chorong flushes hotly as the door to Hayoung's room swings open before the pair walk out into the living room.

"You aren't grabbing a plate?" Bomi asks as Hayoung sits down on the couch opposite them.

"I got it covered Bomi," Naeun walks back with a plate for two in hand, stopping to wrap her free arm around Chorong. "Hi Chorong, it's awesome that you came over."

Chorong returns the hug with equal fervour before they both pull back. "It's a pleasure, really." She takes the first bite of her food, her taste buds practically singing at the mouthful of stir fry. "Bomi, this is really lovely. I have to say I'm rather impressed."

She grins smugly at Chorong's side, accepting the kiss to her cheek.

"Yeah, this is really good, Bomi," Naeun agrees as she wolfs down her food. It always amazes both Bomi and Hayoung how the tall, slender blonde can pack it all away.

"So, Chorong," Hayoung starts, "what are you like? What's your major? "

Chorong tenses beside Bomi and the brunette rests a gentle hand on the dark-haired girl's arm. "My major is theatre with a concentration in acting. And I suppose I would describe myself as passionate. If I intend to accomplish something then I'll make certain that I achieve it, whatever goal it may be at the time. And my goal as of tonight is to win you over." She holds Hayoung's gaze unflinchingly and Bomi can tell from the set of Hayoung's mouth and her slightly narrowed eyes that she's sizing Chorong up and decidedly impressed with what she sees so far.

"You know, Rong –do you mind if I call you Rong?" she asks with mild sarcasm.

Chorong shakes her head with a smile. "As long as it is a name that is mine you can call me whatever you want, Hayoung."

"," she comments. "But I gotta say, I never pegged you as the type to have a backbone. You just look like the type that screams walk all over me."

"I used to get that a lot." There's a subtle softness to her voice that only Bomi can recognize as vulnerability. She reaches out to grab Chorong's hand and cradle it between her own.

Hayoung watches the interaction with a raised eyebrow. "Well since you're so much more confident than I ever thought you'd be, I have to ask; who's the top? You or Bomi?"

She blinks owlishly at the question, seemingly out of incomprehension before her shoulders shake slightly and her laughter fills the room. Bomi looks at her like she's grown two heads; Naeun covers and giggles as well and Hayoung leans back in her seat with a smirk on her face.

"Alright, enough talking. Let's see what's on TV."

As soon as the movie Train to Busan is over, Hayoung is chasing Naeun playfully into their room before closing the door soundly.

Bomi smiles at Chorong before taking her hand. "Come on."

They enter her room and Bomi closes the door behind them while Chorong smooths the back of her skirt down and sits atop Bomi's bed. "Thank you for inviting me. The food was amazing."

"It was no trouble." Bomi sits down behind her on the bed, reclining back to rest against her pillow. "I think Hayoung likes you."

"Hardly," Chorong scoffs. "But I can tell she's at least warming up to the idea of us being together."

"She's not the only one." Her eyes find Chorong's meaningfully and Chorong nods.

"I've grown quite fond of you," Chorong says prissily.

Bomi laughs loudly at the understatement and Chorong smiles down at her. Bomi's laughter is something that never seems to get old for her. "I'd say you love me huh, Park Chorong?"

Chorong leans down, her hair tickling the sides of Bomi's face as she braces her arms on either side of Bomi's head. "Perhaps," she teases with a smile. Her eyes trace over Bomi's features for the thousandth time, finding new things to fall in love with every time she looks at her. "I love you," she whispers.

Bomi's arm snakes around her waist as she pulls Chorong further on top of her. She swallows thickly at the mere sensation of having Chorong pressed against her in so many places. The black-haired girl's warm body causing warmth to spread all throughout Bomi and settling low in her stomach. Her right hand reaches up to brush some of Chorong's hair from her face so she can see those dark, warm eyes that she loves. "I love you, too," she murmurs. "And I love when you say you love me."

Chorong hums lightly at the comment, eyes darkening as Bomi's thumb brushes her lower lip. They lie there, staring into each other's eyes and although Bomi can feel the heat simmering more and more inside of her, she's oddly content to just look at Chorong. Not needing to sate the quickly building passion inside of her. For the moment.

"You're so beautiful," Chorong murmurs, her voice bordering on awe as her eyes glance over Bomi's face appreciatively. She watches the brunette flush, her cheeks tinged pink in a mix of modesty and arousal and Chorong her lips.

Bomi watches the provocative way Chorong's tongue slowly runs over her lower lip, leaving a glistening trail in its wake and she decides the moment for simply watching is over. She leans up to roughly claim Chorong's lips, tugging her closer as both of her arms slide securely around her waist.

Chorong sighs into the kiss, body sagging against Bomi's as she gives in completely. She'd be lying if she said that Bomi was the only one suffering from a bit of ual frustration. Every time they kiss, Chorong always wants more. And it never takes much for the brunette to evoke reactions from her. A simple brush of their hands makes her feel warm all over and every time Bomi kisses her she feels tingles down her spine. Every time Bomi does that trick with her tongue–

She's doing it now.

Chorong whimpers quietly as her hands fist into the sheets, her body going into sensory overload from just being pressed up against the brunette so tightly. Not a single inch of space is between them and to Chorong that still isn't enough. Bomi's hands slip under her shirt and she moans encouragingly before eagerly on Bomi's lower lip.

It slips from with a wet pop and she places gentle kisses against Bomi's jaw before burrowing into her neck. Bomi's head tips back as she moans into the air, wet, heated kisses stoking the fire within her. Her hands skate along the warm flesh of Chorong's back. Chorong a hot trail along Bomi's pulse point and Bomi thinks she's going to lose it, groaning piteously. "Chorong," she pants into the suffocating air around them, her hands flying down Chorong's back to grip her . She gives it a gentle squeeze before pulling her closer, Chorong's hips shifting against hers.

Chorong shudders above her, calling out Bomi's name quietly. She stills her movements and pulls back slightly. "I'm not having with you tonight," she warns breathlessly.

Bomi smiles shakily up at her, her libido completely out of control. She nods her head, not missing the little leeway she was given with the simple word tonight. Maybe not tonight. But there's tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after that…

"Okay," she whispers. She closes her eyes to gather her bearings and Chorong settles down on top of her, wrapping her arm around Bomi's waist and resting her head against her collarbone. Her fingers gently glide along Bomi's stomach and she smiles at the feel of the brunette's abs bunching and contracting under her fingertips. Bomi's breath grows heavy as Chorong fingers the buttons of her shirt, so close and yet so far away from releasing each button from their catch.

Bomi's hand darts out a moment later to cover Chorong's own and Chorong looks up at the brunette, breath hitching at the sight of Bomi's blown pupils.

"We–" Bomi clears , voice low and throaty and Chorong feels herself growing restless at the sound. "We can either watch something or continue…this." She blushes a little and Chorong wonders how a girl like Bomi ever managed to get through when at times she can't even manage to say simple words such as—

"Making out?" she helpfully supplies.

Bomi nods eagerly with a smile and Chorong lifts up onto her elbows until she's level with the brunette's predatory eyes. "I feel like such a teenager," she mutters.

"You say that as if you're old. You're only twenty-one." Bomi's words aren't particularly y but she could have said the word 'xylophone' in that tone of voice and it would have produced the same shivers that are currently rolling down Chorong's spine.

Her lips descend onto Bomi's in a slow, loving kiss and the brunette gently rolls them over before settling on top.

"I love you, Bbom-ah," Chorong whispers before Bomi kisses her again.

"I know," she responds with a bold grin, laughing at Chorong's frown.

"Yoon Bomi!"