Chapter 4

What a Woman!

Ever since shaking hands on a new found friendship with Chorong, Bomi's found herself hanging out with the black-haired girl more and more. And she's learned a lot more about her.

And while she seems to like Chorong more and more with each passing day, Bomi isn't at all sure how Chorong feels about her. She's asked her out three more times in the past two months and each time Chorong turns her down with that same half smile that drives Bomi insane. Each time Chorong tells her no, she spirals farther and farther down to earth and Chorong always giggles and tells her that one day she'll actually get to walk around with the rest of the peons. "Maybe then I'll date you," she always says with a smile.

"Whatever," Bomi grumbles to herself as she takes a bowl of chicken noodle soup from the microwave. She walks out of the kitchen and into Hayoung's bedroom to find the blonde curled up under a mound of covers. Bomi's face balls up at the loud and congested breathing she hears from under the covers.

"I brought your soup," she says quietly, laying the soup on the nightstand before gently peeling back Hayoung's covers. "Wakey, wakey," she teases.

Hayoung says something unintelligible that Bomi's sure is a curse word before sitting up. "Feed me," she demands stuffily.

"No way," Bomi replies before pulling up a chair. "I'll sit in here with you to give you company before Naeun shows up but you're feeding your damn self."

She groans quietly before grabbing the spoon. Bringing the soup up to her lips. "It's too hot," she tells Bomi in a voice that sounds desperately close to a whine.

"Alright, you big baby." She slides the soup to the side, giving Hayoung a dry piece of bread.

"What the is this?"

"It's bread. It's plain sustenance that's hopefully bland enough to keep you from throwing it back up."

Hayoung groans around the bite of bread. "Tastes like–"

". I get it," Bomi sighs. "You're even more impossible when you're sick."

"Whatever." She unwillingly finishes the slice of bread before downing and entire glass of juice. "Any closer to banging that Park Chorong chick yet?"

"Chorong," Bomi says, her voice unconsciously softening at the dark-haired girl’s name. "And no, I'm not close to banging her. I'm not even sure if that's all I want from her."

"Is Bomi talking marriage?" Hayoung jokes.

Bomi shakes her head. "I don't think we're on that level yet, I'll save that for you and Naeunnie," she quips. "But I'm really starting to like her."

"Too many feelings in this room. Stop it right now."

"You mean too many germs in this room. Seriously, have you considered cracking a window?"

"I'm cold," the blonde complains. "Don't you dare open a window."

She hands Hayoung another piece of bread that's begrudgingly accepted. "I have to go, okay? I have a class in twenty. But Naeun should be here within the next ten minutes."

Hayoung nods and before Bomi knows what's happening she's being swept up in a hug. "Don't ever say I never gave you anything," Hayoung mumbles. "And you better not tell anyone about this."

Nodding against Hayoung's shoulder, Bomi wraps her arms gently around her friend, careful not to hurt her since her body's sore.

A soft, quick exhalation against her neck followed by wetness alerts Bomi to one thing.

…Hayoung's just sneezed on her.

"Thanks," she mutters darkly.

"Any time, Bomi-ah."


 

Bomi rushes to class, not stopping her full on sprint until she's in her seat beside Chorong.

"Is there a marathon race happening on campus that I haven't been privy to?" Chorong asks smartly as she looks over to Bomi.

"Very funny….smart ," Bomi pants before pulling a bottle of water out of her bag. She rips the top off before downing half the bottle and Chorong watches intently as the muscles in Bomi's throat bob up and down with the effort.

She tears her eyes away to watch as the teacher walks into class. "Well at least you weren't late," she supplies.

"That's exactly what I was trying to avoid. How was your morning?"

"Uneventful," she replies with a shrug. "I did manage to write some verses. You know, the usual."

Bomi rolls her eyes. "I want to hear you sing sometime," she replies sincerely.

"Perhaps you can someday."

Once the professor begins writing on the board, signaling the beginning of class, Bomi doesn't even try to talk to Chorong anymore. The last several times she's tried engaging the older girl in conversation during class, Chorong's loudly shushed her. One time almost getting her in trouble.

Instead she chooses to focus on her work, sparing glances at the black-haired girl every now and then. Her eyes trace the side of her face, memorizing the length of her eyelashes, the curve of her lips. How long and shiny her hair is. Chorong bites her lip in contemplation and Bomi's eyes zero in on the action. A moment later a teasing smile replaces a bitten lip and Bomi looks back up to see Chorong side eyeing her.

Bomi huffs quietly before turning around, deciding work is more interesting.

When class ends she hurriedly grabs her belongings, knowing that if she wants to walk Chorong to her next class she needs to move fast. "You know, you should just go out with me."

Chorong clutches her books to her chest, having turned Bomi down when the brunette offered numerous times to carry them for her. "Is that so?"

"Yeah."

They fall into step with one another, navigating the campus with ease. "I think you like me. Or at the very least you like the fact that I like you."

"But what if I don't like you, Bomi?" Chorong challenges, tossing a look in the brunette's direction.

Bomi makes an abrupt stop to stare down at the brunette. "You don't like me, Chorong?" she asks quietly.

Chorong's breath hitches at the intensity of Bomi's eyes. She knows it's a trick but she can't bring herself to look away from the brunette in front of her. She allows herself the briefest moment to indulge, eyes sweeping across the brunette's face from her cheekbones, to her cute nose, those beautiful brown eyes, and that small mouth.

"I'm waiting, Chorong."

She opens to speak, unsure of what she's going to say. "I–"

"Hey, RongRong!"

Bomi growls quietly as Chorong's head whips around to see her friends. "Hi, Eunji-ah! Joo!"

Eunji and Namjoo slow down, simply content to wave quickly before continuing on to class but the brunette beside Chorong catches their eye. They both feel a tickling sensation in the back of their minds, trying to figure out where they know the girl from.

Bomi stares back at them, having no idea who either of them are but assuming they're friends of Chorong. Her eyes narrow as they continue to stare, a barked "What?" on the tip of her tongue.

"Come on, Bomi. Hurry up before I leave you!" Chorong exclaims before grabbing the brunette's hand. "I'll see you guys later!" she calls to Namjoo and Eunji.

Eunji and Namjoo are left staring at each other with spooked looks on their faces.

"Was that just–"

"Yoon Bomi? Yep."

"And that's the same girl–"

"From the party that we jokingly called Yoon Bomi but thought that she wasn't her? And now it turns out that she was? The girl that was being led by another girl upstairs to do unspeakable things? Yep."

"And that's the same girl that Chorong–"

"Has a monster crush on that even she hasn't realized yet? Yep."

They continue to stare at each other, both having the same thought running through their head. "We totally should have been born sisters," Namjoo gushes, voicing their simultaneous thought before pulling Eunji into a hug. "We finish each other's sentences and everything."

They sober up quickly, Eunji combing a hand through her hair as Namjoo plucks a strand from her blouse. "No but seriously. This is a hot damn mess," Eunji says.

"Tell me about it. We need to find out more about this Bomi girl because as of right now she doesn't seem like the one for Chorong at all."

They both nod, satisfied with their new plan before continuing on to class.

"You sure do like holding my hand," Bomi says, her mind miles away from that odd encounter with Chorong's friends.

Chorong stops walking; only now noticing that she's been holding the brunette's hand the entire way. She colours slightly before letting it go. "Thank you for walking me to class," she says, suddenly shy.

"It's always a pleasure."

She spins on her heel to walk away and this time she just knows Chorong's looking at her .


 

"Feeling better?" Bomi calls into their apartment style dorm as a way of a greeting. She would have preferred to have lunch with Chorong in the theatre, but she cancelled with the dark-haired girl to check on her best friend.

"Wait a minute. I have her number for a reason…" Bomi mumbles to herself before shooting Chorong a quick text. It'd been hell getting the black-haired girl's number and Bomi wasn't about to waste it.

Hi gorgeous ;)

"What do you think?" Hayoung barks from the same place under the covers she was in when Bomi left her that morning. Bomi sighs, being with Chorong would have definitely been better.

"Did Naeun come by?" she asks instead of engaging her friend in an argument. There would be plenty of time for that when she feels better.

Hayoung grunts in what Bomi assumes is an affirmative before she feels her phone vibrate. Fishing it out of her pocket, she smirks at the text.

I bet you think you're just so charming.

Well thanks to you I don't think very highly of myself anymore :P

"Sit up and we'll take your temperature." Hayoung groans before slowly rising to a sitting position.

Her phone buzzes and she hands Hayoung the thermometer before reaching for her phone, forgetting all about that she was the one supposed to take the temperature.

Does Yoon Bomi have low self-esteem? Alert the presses. :P

Make sure when you call them you also tell them that her self-worth was taken by a songwriter diva

She looks back at Hayoung and notices that the thermometer hasn't gone off yet. Mildly concerned about her friend's temperature, she decides to send another text.

Of course my self-esteem could easily be given a boost if you'd just go out with me ;)

"Hello," Hayoung calls to her, waving the thermometer in front of her face. "My insides are cooking right now."

"Ice pack." Bomi practically runs to their refrigerator, grabbing a zip lock bag before dumping a tray of ice into it. Her cell phone buzzes and she runs back to Hayoung's room to place the ice pack against the blonde's skin before grabbing her phone.

"ty nurse." Hayoung mocks not so quietly.

Nope :D

You'll says yes one day

She frowns. That was quickly becoming her catch phrase of sorts.

Chorong doesn't text her back after that and Bomi doesn't mind because she knows she'll see the girl later anyway.


 

Bomi walks into the spacious theatre before spotting Chorong on the second row. She sits right beside her and offers her a playful smile.

"We have to quit meeting like this."

"Dork," Bomi replies jokingly with a laugh. "That's supposed to be my line."

Chorong hums a reply before looking toward the stage. "This play is…not that great," she says carefully.

Bomi's shoulders shake with barely contained laughter. "Why can't you just say that it ?"

"Because I'm not mean."

"You are, however, as tactless as me."

Chorong's nose scrunches up cutely and Bomi resists the urge to lean forward and kiss it. Though she wonders what Chorong would do if she did. "Tactless?"

"Lacking tact."

"I know what it means, Yoon Bomi," Chorong says, folding her arms before facing away from the brunette. "And I am not tactless."

Bomi doesn't even have to see her face to know that she's sporting the most adorable pout. She leans forward and places her lips directly against Chorong's ear. "You kind of are. But it's okay. I'm sure there's got to be something redeeming about you."

Chorong shivers as she feels those soft lips caress her skin with every word Bomi breathes into her ear. The innuendo of the brunette's last statement isn't lost on her and wills her traitorous body to move, feeling warm all over.

"Bomi-ah," she hoarsely grinds out.

"Hmm?" she hums against the shell of Chorong's ear, enjoying each and every reaction she provokes from the girl.

Chorong forces quick breaths through her nose, choosing to ignore the simmering fire in her belly. "We need to run lines. Now. R-right now."

"Okay," Bomi says just a little too loudly near Chorong's ear before she hops out of her seat. "Come on, Rong."

She gets up out of her seat, glaring at Bomi's back as she follows the brunette on stage. "Do you have your script?"

"I know my lines."

Chorong looks around on the stage, searching for something.

"What is it?" Bomi asks.

Spotting what she was looking for, she walks toward the edge of the stage to grab the blanket. She brings it back over to where Bomi is before spreading it out on the stage. She kneels carefully before lying back, stretching her legs in front of her and rising on her elbows.

"What are you…oh. Oh."

"Don't get any ideas," Chorong replies. "I'm simply choosing to test this scene out without the presence of Miss Soonkyu."

Bomi eyes Chorong carefully as she lies back against the blanket, dark hair spread tantalizingly above her. Her eyes roam across the serene look on Chorong's face, the gentle rise and fall of her chest, her flat, toned stomach, short skirt, impossibly long legs.

"Your line, Bomi-ah."

"Are you sure your parents won't come home?" she asks nervously, hands fidgeting with the hem of her skirt.

Chorong bats her eyelashes and replies around a coquettish grin. "C'mon already, Taeri. I told you we have at least three hours to ourselves. Don't waste time by standing at my door being scared!"

Bomi stares down at the smouldering look Chorong gives her, having a difficult time already with separating the black-haired girl from her character.

When she doesn't move, Chorong sits up on her knees, slowly undoing a single button on her blouse. "You don't want me?" she pouts and Bomi finds it harder and harder to remember her lines.

She walks a little closer to Chorong, looking down at her. "Of course I want you," she breathes.

Chorong lies back again, one arm raised high above her head, hand falling limply against the blanket as another teasingly undoes button after button on her blouse. "Then take me."

The words are barely out of before Bomi is looming over her predatorily. Chorong stares up into Bomi's eyes, noticing how much darker and dangerous they look. The familiar heat from earlier returns to her and she's stuck between pushing Bomi off before this goes any further and wanting to feel just how soft her lips actually are.

"I love you."

"Minhee," Bomi adds belatedly, mentally chastising herself. "I love you, Minhee."

Chorong smiles shyly up at her, more so at Bomi's slip up than at her character smiling at Taeri's declaration. "If you love me," Chorong says softly, unsure of whom she's speaking to anymore, Bomi or Taeri. "Then show me."

Bomi cups the back of Chorong's head gently before lowering her head and bringing their lips together. She hears Chorong instantly moan at the contact and it does nothing but spur her on. Her left hand grips tightly onto the hair at the base of Chorong's neck while her right rests gently on her hip.

Chorong whimpers quietly into Bomi's mouth, once again darting her tongue to run along her lower lip. Bomi releases a low growl that travels straight down between Chorong's thighs and her hips rise off the blanket on their own accord.

Bomi's hand slowly travels up Chorong's stomach, under her ed blouse to feel smooth, creamy skin under her fingertips. She has enough of her mind left to remember that this is the scene where she gets to touch one of Chorong's s. And since they're both too far gone at the moment Bomi reasons just a touch won't hurt.

The pad of her thumb brushes against the underside of Chorong's before enveloping the full weight of her in her hand and Bomi groans against Chorong's mouth when she feels Chorong bite her lip.

Chorong pulls away from the kiss, panting hot breaths into the air above her as Bomi continues her exploration. She feels hot all over, sticky and swollen and she had every intention on stopping this a few minutes ago. She really did. But between the dark look in Bomi's eyes and the warm fingers traveling along her torso she lost herself.

"," she hisses out, head tossed back as Bomi sharply pinches her . She whimpers quietly when the pad of Bomi's thumb roughly brushes over her abused , biting her lip to keep from calling the brunette's name. She feels Bomi's laboured breaths on the side of her neck as small kisses are peppered along her skin.

Bomi's eyes roll into the back of her head when her hand finally slides under Chorong's bra. Her palm brushes over the hard that she'd been tweaking earlier through a barrier and she feels herself soak at the feeling. She feels like a high schooler that ed their boyfriend or girlfriend in the basement of their parent's home when no one was there. And all she knows is that Chorong, somebody, anybody better stop her now because she's dangerously close to throwing caution to the wind and just taking Chorong on stage.

As if someone had been reading her mind, a loud clearing of someone's throat catches her attention.

She stops moving, discretely removing her hand from under Chorong's bra to turn her head to look at the intruder. She keeps hovering over Chorong, wanting to preserve the girl's dignity as much as possible.

"Sorry I was late girls, I had to take my car to the shop," Miss Soonkyu says from somewhere behind Bomi.

Chorong carefully extricates herself from under the brunette, ignoring Bomi's confused face as she stands up. "It's quite alright, Ma’am," she says, voice surprising calm. She carefully buttons her shirt back up and Bomi watches with awe as they both continue their conversation as if she hadn't been in here trying to get Chorong off. Of course, Miss Soonkyu may not have known that but Chorong certainly did if the way she was like there was no tomorrow was any indication. "We were simply going over the love making scene while no one was around to get us acquainted with it without the awkwardness of a third party viewer."

Bomi swallows the lump in , still not trusting herself to speak.

"I think that's an excellent idea, Chorong," Miss Soonkyu says with a smile. "And how about you, Bomi? Did this help? I don't want you feeling uncomfortable with the scene and if you do then we can easily put your understudy in. We'd have to change the angle so her face isn't visible to the audience but we can make that work if that's what you need."

Chorong stares at her attentively and Bomi clears before speaking. "No I'm fine, Ma’am." Bomi mentally face palms at how low her voice sounds but she doesn't miss how Chorong her lips. "Chorong's technique of getting me to do the scene while no one was watching helped me out quite a bit. I think I'm confident enough to perform it in front of an audience."

She nods, albeit little unsurely. "Okay! Well, looks like you've both rehearsed enough for the day. I won't put you through too much torture. So you're free to go. And I will see both of you again on Thursday."

Chorong offers a curt nod before quickly hopping off the stage. Bomi follows suit, vaguely aware of Miss Soonkyu leaving in the opposite direction as she grabs Chorong's arm and spins her around. "What, Bomi?"

"What was that back there?"

Chorong removes her hand from Bomi's grip and takes a few steps back to put distance between them. "I'd say that was you nearly taking me on stage."

"Yeah, and I'd say that you liked it," Bomi counters. "Chorong, I think that it's become really obvious that you have feelings for me. I'm not an idiot." Her eyebrow rises delicately as if daring Chorong to refute her.

"What do you want, Bomi-ah?" she sighs tiredly, sick of playing this cat and mouse game.

"Go out with me, Park Chorong," she responds heatedly as she takes a step closer.

Chorong scoffs as she crosses her arms. "Is that your way of asking?"

Bomi's tension eases as they effortlessly fall back into familiar banter. She walks even closer to Chorong until all the dark-haired girl can see in her vision is a pair of round brown eyes that seem to penetrate everything she is. Both of her hands lift to the side of Chorong's face as she gently cups both of her cheeks in her hand.

"Will you go out with me, Chorong?" she asks softly because yeah, if Chorong wants everything to be formal and wants Bomi to play it by fairytale then Bomi can at least try to be that person for her.

One of Chorong's hands lift to cover Bomi's own as she tries her hardest not to get lost in Bomi's eyes. "Why do you want to go out with me so badly?"

"Because." She gently Chorong's cheek and smiles gently down at her when Chorong's eyes flutter shut. "You're beautiful, smart, incredibly talented and extremely irritating."

Chorong's eyes fly open at the insult and Bomi laughs softly at the incredulous expression on her face. "I like you."

"I'd even say you love me hmm, Yoon Bomi?" she replies with a raised eyebrow and Bomi flushes slightly, remembering how she butchered her lines on stage earlier.

"I just want you to go on a date with me this Saturday."

Chorong deliberates a moment, twisted up in such a way that has Bomi imagining kissing her again. "I guess," she exhales a moment later.

Bomi feels her hackles rise but she refuses to let Chorong get to her. Instead she leans in for a kiss.

…And her lips meet air.

A feminine giggle snaps her out of her stupor and she opens her eyes to see Chorong walking away.

"Okay. You think you're funny, Park Chorong? Well then walk back to your apartment by yourself!" She scurries out of the theatre before Chorong gets the chance to implement her notorious pout that she knows Bomi can't resist.


 

Chorong reaches the steps of her dorm, fishing out her cell phone to alert Bomi to the fact that she had indeed been pouting the entire way and that the brunette should feel bad about herself. She strolls up the steps to her apartment, surprised to see Eunji and Namjoo standing there with miffed expressions.

"We've been here for fifteen minutes," Eunji tells her.

"You're late," Namjoo chimes in.

Chorong feels her phone vibrate in her pocket as she unlocks her door. "I was unaware that I had a curfew," she jokes. "To what do I owe the pleasure of my two best friends visiting?"

She drops her keys on a nearby table before plucking her phone from her pocket.

I bet you looked cute stomping across campus with your arms folded and your lip poked out

Rolling her eyes, she puts her phone on her nightstand as Eunji and Namjoo situate themselves on her bed. "RongRongCho, you know we love you, right?" Eunji starts.

"And you know we've had your back since we were first years here, right?" Namjoo continues.

"O-of course." She eases down onto the bed as well, having been caught off guard by how grave their voices are. "What is all of this about?"

They look at each other, wondering how best to start. "Well you know how we wanted you to go with us to that party a while ago?" Namjoo prompts.

Chorong nods. "And I told you that I wouldn't go due to homework."

"And you know how Eunji and I went to the party anyway?'

"Yes."

"Well, you see…" she trails off, looking to Eunji for help.

"Oh, for goodness sakes," the shorter girl exclaims. "Chorong, we saw Bomi being led upstairs to do things with some other girl."

She's quiet for the moment as she tries to process the words. Bomi? Her Bomi? Well, not her Bomi, but the very same Bomi that's been trying to charm her for weeks? "W-what? Are you certain it was Bomi?"

"We're sure, Rong," she continues. "Joo and I were drunk and there are a ton of brunette girls at this school so we weren't certain at first. But after seeing you walking with her today, we both remembered her from the party and she was definitely linked at the hand with some girl that we earlier today found out is named Joohyun."

Chorong takes a deep calming breath, feeling her chest constrict with the effort. "How did you figure all of this out?"

"In the dining hall."

"I don't understand," Chorong murmurs quietly, looking toward Namjoo.

She smiles kindly at Chorong. "We went to the dining hall today to dig up some dirt on her to see if she was good for you. Eunji-ah and I got the vibe that you liked her so we wanted to do a background check. And it turns out that she gets around."

Her lips turn down as she absorbs the information being presented to her. This didn't at all seem like the Bomi she knew. Sure, Bomi often flirted with her, but the brunette didn't seem to be the type for random hookups and flings. Heart clenching in pain that she wasn't even aware she could feel towards this information, she wills her eyes to hold contact with Namjoo if only to not show weakness.

"No one knows much about her high school life, just that she and her roommate, Oh Hayoung, came here together so everyone assumes they've been friends for a while. Hayoung's a lot more open about her life though. But there's this one girl named Naeun that everyone swears up and down, Hayoung's a completely different person around. Nicer, more affectionate–"

"Can we get to Bomi, please?" Chorong asks quietly.

Namjoo hesitates before continuing. "Bomi hasn't had a single relationship since she's been here. Everything she does is under the radar with no strings attached. No one knows for sure how many girls she's hooked up with but I got a couple of names. Joohyun, the girl from the party. And another girl named Taeyeon. Apparently there were two other girls last year and depending on who you ask she also has something going on with number 20 on the football team. Choi Taejoon."

Chorong feels her heart slowly shatter and it startles her how much she's grown to care about the brunette without even her own knowledge of the fact. "Why haven't I heard about any of this? If she's going around sleeping with half the campus then why isn't anyone talking about it?" Chorong knows that accusing the brunette with sleeping with so many people is a low blow but she's hurt and doesn't care.

"Because she plays it smart," Namjoo says conspiringly, into the gossip as if it were a juicy mystery. "She only hooks up with people in her year because she knows she can control what gossip comes out about her and what stays behind closed doors."

Chorong sits back on her heels, further disgusted with the brunette that she had agreed to go out with. She reprimands herself for putting her heart on the line for someone that apparently only wants her for what she has between her legs. She can't help but ask herself what was she thinking. Hadn't Bomi been into her? Wasn't she hanging all over her since they met? The flirting, the friendly banter, did it mean nothing? She shakes her head. It seems as if she means nothing to Bomi.

"She's charming," Eunji finishes. "That's the biggest difference between her and Hayoung. The difference that puts her on top and Hayoung just below her."

Chorong nods in agreement. Yes, Yoon Bomi is charming. But for Park Chorong, the charm has worn off.