Chapter 6

What a Woman!

I'm back with an update! I'm sorry that I made you wait for so long, and I'm also sorry that apologising is all that I seem to do with this story. Hopefully you'll enjoy the chapter as much as I did writing it. If you're here after all this time, thank you. :)

 

"I would just like to take this opportunity to remind you that you still have not taken me on our date," Chorong says from her spot on her bed.

"Oh come on sweetheart, you know I've been busy with homework and classes," Bomi mumbles beside the raven-haired girl, her words muffled by the pencil in . She's concentrating on taking notes from her business textbook, the class being the excuse she used on Chorong to get a chance to get into the black-haired girl's apartment. Her lovely, roommate free apartment.

Their professor had assigned a project, the guidelines being to find a partner in the class, research how to create a successful business conglomerate from the ground up and present the material to the class in any media format.

"I am merely informing you so that in the future when you ask me to be your girlfriend and I turn you down you will know that it is because you haven't properly courted me."

Bomi groans as she peels her eyes away from her text book to look at Chorong. Chorong's typing furiously at her computer, dressed in nothing but a tight camisole that Bomi swears that from certain angles she can see her s straining through the top, and a pair of pyjama bottoms. Her hair is piled atop her head in the iest, messiest ponytail that Bomi's ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on. She clears to get Chorong's attention. Chocolate eyes find hers and Bomi her lips before speaking. "This Saturday I'll take you out off campus somewhere and this time I promise."

Chorong smiles brightly and leans forward to place a firm kiss against Bomi's lips. Bomi's fingers instantly curl into her hair before Chorong pulls away. She's always amazed at how soft Chorong's lips are. How perfectly her pouty bottom lip fits in between both of hers and how wonderfully tantalizing Chorong's moans sound while vibrating off of her own lips. Her fingers slide along Chorong's cheek before teasing a burning trail down the smooth expanse of to the valley of her s. She cups the soft mound of flesh in her hand and squeezes gently, shifting in her seat as Chorong groans quietly.

Chorong pulls away, grabbing Bomi's wrist gently and pulling her hand away from her to lie on the bed between them. "Where will we be going?" she pants through kiss swollen lips, her hooded eyes regarding Bomi with a burning stare.

Bomi returns her smile and the strawberry lip gloss off her lips. "It's a surprise."


 

Bomi rushes around her room nervously as she prepares for her date with Chorong. Her clock mocks her every move as it counts down a lot quicker that Bomi had anticipated. Once the alarm goes off then it'll be time for her to pick up Chorong. And Bomi knows that if she's even a minute late she'll be faced with the biggest pout known to man and the longest lecture on punctuality to boot.

"Where the are my earrings?" she growls before storming out of her room into the common space. "Naeun-ah have you seen Hayoung?"

Naeun looks around her before her eyes find Bomi again. "She was here earlier," she says with a frown. "I don't know where she could have gone. Oh! She must have gone to get my coffee."

Bomi runs her hands through her hair, frustrated. "Well do you know what she did with my gold earrings?"

"Sure I do," she exclaims before hopping off the couch and walking into Hayoung's room. She emerges with the earrings in her hand a moment later before handing them to Bomi. "You're a life saver," Bomi rushes out before walking to the mirror in the hallway to put them on.

Her hands shake nervously as she tries to put her earrings in her ear unsuccessfully. This date will undoubtedly determine her future with Chorong and as Bomi finds herself caring about the dark-haired girl more and more with each passing day she can't help but hope the date ends in her favour.

"Ouch," she whispers harshly as she just misses the hole in her ear and stabs the skin above it.

She rubs the spot sorely, not even bothering to protest when Naeun walks over and gently pries the earrings from her grip. She turns around to her friend and offers a grateful smile as Naeun leans down and calmly puts her earrings in for her. "Thanks, Naeunie."

Naeun smiles and places a friendly kiss against Bomi's cheek. "You look super pretty, Bomi."

"Let's hope Chorong thinks so," she jokes, butterflies fluttering in her stomach as her thoughts are taken back to Chorong again.

"She will," Naeun says assuredly before walking back to her seat.

Bomi grabs her jacket from the hook by the door before walking back to her room to look at her clock. She grabs her keys on her nightstand and walks back into the common space. "Looks like I have ten more minutes." She walks over to the couch and sits beside Naeun to watch TV with her in hopes of calming her nerves.

Moments later she decidedly doesn't want to watch TV and side eyes her friend on the couch before finally gathering the courage to speak. "Hey, Naeun?"

"Yeah, Bomi," Naeun replies distractedly as she watches a rerun of King of Mask Singer.

Her hands fidget with the hem off her tight purple dress as she tries to word her question as best as she can. "How did you know you were in love with Hayoung? Like, when did you know and what did it feel like?"

She tilts her head to the side as if she doesn't understand the question and Bomi's about two seconds away from just telling her to forget this whole moment ever happened when she finally speaks. "I realized I loved Hayoung when she took me to the movies and I was sad that I ran out of excuses to not watch a horror movie and she bought some popcorn and we better went for a walk."

"She's always so tough, you know? She's always getting into people's faces but she's not like that around me. She's nice and super gentle and she always does whatever it takes to make me happy. Hayoung shows me a side of her that nobody gets to see and that's why I fell in love with her."

"And it feels really good. Love does," she continues. "The is way, way better now and I told Hayoung it would be."

Bomi's a little uncomfortable about having to hear about their life but she lets Naeun continue in hopes that it'll end soon.

"And I just…I don't know. I just want to protect her. And everybody might find that funny because Hayoung seems more likely to be the one to protect me but I protect this for her," she says, gesturing to her heart. "That's the one thing that can really hurt Hayoung and I think it's awesome that I get to be the one to protect her heart for her."

Bomi's heart swells at how deep Naeun's love for Hayoung is and though Hayoung tries to act tough, Bomi knows her best friend's love for her girlfriend runs just as deep. "I'm very happy for the both of you, Naeun," she says kindly.

"I'm happy for you too, Bomi. You and Chorong are really cute and I can tell you two care about each other a lot."

Her alarm goes off and she jets to her room to shut it off before sprinting to the door. "I'm sorry, Naeun-ah, but I have to go!"

"Have fun, Bomi!" she calls before Bomi closes the door.


 

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" Chorong asks from the passenger seat of Bomi's car.

"For the tenth time, Chorong, I'm not telling you. This is a surprise. Shall I define the word for you?

"Like you defined tactless?" Chorong quips with an infectious giggle.

Bomi laughs along with her as she signals to change lanes. "That was a great definition. As a matter of fact I'm sure it's in Oxford Dictionary. They gave me credit."

"Dork."

"Pot. Kettle. Care to finish that statement for me, sweetheart?"

Chorong doesn't respond. She just reaches across the console, for the brunette's hand, intertwining their fingers. "You look beautiful. I love your dress," she murmurs.

Bomi smiles, pink dusting her cheeks at the compliment and the simple action. She returns the sentiment before giving Chorong's hand a gentle squeeze as they continue the car ride in companionable silence.

They pull into the parking lot of a brick building and Chorong peers out of her window to get a better look. "Putt-Putt?" she asks with a hint of a smile in her voice.

"Hope you can golf, Park Chorong."

They walk up to the counter and Chorong gathers their golf clubs and assorted coloured balls as Bomi pays for them both.

Throwing her receipt in a nearby trashcan, Bomi turns to Chorong and instantly bursts into a fit of giggles.

"What's so funny?" Chorong asks with a furrowed eyebrow.

Bomi pries the two golf clubs from Chorong's hand to hold them up side by side. "One of these is definitely smaller than the other." She laughs again as Chorong frowns at her and snatches the club from her hand before briskly walking away.

"Hey wait," Bomi calls, unable to keep the laughter from her voice. "Aww, come on, Rong, I didn't mean anything by it. I think your height is cute, you're fun size."

Chorong huffs as she comes to a stop and Bomi catches up to her, spinning her around and wrapping one of her arms loosely around her neck. "Come on, shorty," she coaxes as she leans closer to Chorong's face. "I was joking, okay?" She soothingly runs her fingers along the back of Chorong's neck. "You always pick on me for being younger." She kisses the tip of her nose as Chorong scowls up at her. "I can pick on your height," she whispers. "Or lack thereof."

Chorong's about to protest when Bomi swoops down and presses their lips together gently. She instantly melts into the brunette, her arms wrapping tightly against Bomi's waist as she lightly on her lower lip. She splays her hands against Bomi's back, urging her closer.

"Golf," Bomi whispers before biting Chorong's lip. She hears a low whine rumble in Chorong's throat at the sting of her bite and suddenly Bomi doesn't want to play golf anymore.

It's Chorong that ends up pulling back, placing a parting kiss to Bomi's lips before grabbing the shorter golf club from Bomi's grip. "Have I told you how competitive I can be, Yoon Bomi?"

"Have I told you about how much you're going to lose, Park Chorong?"

A couple hours later they reach the eighteenth hole and Chorong's so far behind that even if she bests Bomi on this particular hole she'll still lose.

"I'm not good at this," Chorong pouts as she places her ball on the ground. She gets behind it and gently swings her club back and forth to ready her shot.

"You just need the Yoon touch," Bomi quips and Chorong swallows thickly at what she assumes is unintentional innuendo. "Get your mind out of the gutter, Rong."

Before she can even retort she feels the brunette pressed tightly against her back. "There's a certain posture that you have to have that you've been lacking this whole game."

"You could have told me that."

"I wanted to win."

"And now that I have won," Bomi purrs against Chorong's ear, "I can show you how to properly ."

Chorong's grip tightens on the club in her hand as she tries to control herself. Just a few words from the teasing brunette behind her sends her mind straight to the gutter and heat envelops her entire body. She feels Bomi lean forward, pressing even more against her if that's even possible, before her arms slide down Chorong's arms. Bomi presses a quick kiss on Chorong's temple before her lips land next to Chorong's ear. "Now…you're going to want to spread your legs and widen your stance just a little." Chorong's mind went blank as soon as Bomi uttered the spread your legs part and Bomi has to gently tap her foot against Chorong's right leg a few times until Chorong gets the hint and moves her foot over.

"That's perfect," Bomi whispers and Chorong feels something low in her clench briefly at the sound of her voice. Her eyelids flutter and she unconsciously leans back against the brunette's warmth.

"Uh-uh, Chorong. You need to lean forward," Bomi chastises. Chorong immediately straightens, face flushing at getting caught up in the moment before she leans forward. "You're doing this on purpose," the dark-haired girl grumbles.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," Bomi replies soberly but Chorong can easily detect the smile in her voice. Her hands reach further down Chorong's arms until her hands are covering the one's white knuckle gripping the golf club. "Relax your grip."

She keeps her body firmly wrapped around Chorong's as they both pivot back slightly before swinging forward. The ball is off without a hitch and Chorong watches, jaw dropped, as the ball easily slides along the course. "You have to have the right touch to hit it just right."

The ball continues through the course before neatly landing in the designated hole. Chorong turns to Bomi, face slightly flushed with arousal. "You've done this before," she states accusingly.

"My father loves golf. He used to take me with him on Sunday afternoons after church." Her eyes lose focus and cloud over in just a way that has Chorong thinking this isn't a subject they should breach just yet.

"You cheated," Chorong says flippantly a moment later.

Bomi smirks down at her before pulling her into a hug. "I never said the Yoons play fair."

Chorong purposefully places a sloppy kiss against her cheek in retaliation and laughs as Bomi unsuccessfully tries to pry herself away from the deceptively strong raven-haired girl. "I can feel your spit on my face!" she exclaims.

Chorong shrugs and hugs her for a moment longer before pulling away. "Come on," Bomi says as she grabs Chorong's hand.

"Where are we going now?"

"To get some food."


 

"Bomi, I was delightfully unaware that when you suggested food, you had a whole picnic planned out," Chorong beams from above her as she teasingly places a grape within the brunette's reach before pulling it back.

Bomi smiles up at her, brown hair splayed over Chorong's lap. "I'm full of surprises."

"So it seems," Chorong muses as she finally gives Bomi the grape, curling her fingers into the hair tumbling in waves across her lap.

It's silent for a moment and Bomi isn't really trying to make conversation out of thin air because she knows sooner or later Chorong will start a conversation.

"Tell me about yourself, Bomi."

"What do you wanna know?"

Chorong peers down at her curiously. "What has your life been like up to this point? How were you raised? I feel like I've told you so much about myself and I know nothing about you."

"Now you know how I felt when you wouldn't tell me your name," Bomi quips, remembering back to a couple of months ago when Chorong wouldn't even give her the time of day. But she supposes Chorong really does have a point. Bomi's learned about Chorong's upbringing being submerged in the arts. From ballet, to hip-hop dancing, to acting, Chorong's done it all and Bomi listened on in awe as Chorong recalled all the awards she's ever won.

Then Bomi learned about how Chorong father had abandoned her in order to pursue a career in Software Development in USA and although Bomi was initially angry when she first found out, she's glad that Chorong was raised by a mother that loved her unconditionally and created a stable environment for Chorong.

"I really do know a lot about you," Bomi murmurs, more to herself than Chorong. She's never really cared about anyone enough to get to know them on an intimate level so knowing little things about Chorong even down to the fact that her room back at her house is painted pink with white sheets on her bed is a big deal.

"So let me get to know a lot about you," Chorong responds as she continues to lightly Bomi's hair. "What makes Yoon Bomi such a player?"

"I wasn't aware that I was one." She smirks back up at Chorong.

Chorong scoffs before giving Bomi's hair a firm tug. "Ow, that hurt! Fine, fine, I'll tell you stuff."

"I went to a private all girls academy for elementary school all the way through middle school. I didn't meet Hayoung until sixth grade when the number of girls in our class dwindled down and a lot of us began to see more of each other." She glances up at Chorong to see her looking back down at her as she elaborates.

"By the time eighth grade rolled around, Hayoung convinced her parents to send her to a public high school. I begged my father to let me go with her and although he was extremely put off by her character, he allowed me to go. She and I quickly took charge of the school."

"A natural born leader, I see," Chorong teases lightly and Bomi offers a shy smile.

"I guess you could say that. Part of being popular and on top is that you had to date someone that was your equal. Or so I thought. But none of my boyfriends had what I wanted and I didn't find out until years later that what I wanted, what I was searching for every time I kissed them, was actually a woman."

"The guy that I told you I had with was the last boyfriend I ever had. We were both s and had no idea what we were doing. I was so thankful for Hayoung because she bought me an entire box of condoms and showed me how to put one."

"She's a good friend," Chorong says with realization in her voice. When Namjoo and Eunji had initially told her about Hayoung and then she met her for the first time she couldn't for the life of her figure out why Bomi would want to be friends with her.

Bomi smiles fondly. "She's always been there for me. After I had with him I drove to her house crying the entire way. I asked her what was wrong with me because I felt sick and disgusted and empty and that's not how a girl is supposed to feel after her first time. She asked me if I did feel anything when I kissed him and I said no." She inhales a shaky breath. "And then…she asked me if I ever thought about the possibility of me being lesbian."

Chorong nods sympathetically, eyes wide in disbelief at the story Bomi's telling.

"I got so angry, Chorong," she whispers gravely. "I told her I hated her and I ran from her house and drove back to mine."

Bomi sits up from Chorong's lap and faces her, eyes downcast, looking at her fidgeting hands. "I told my parents I was gay during the summer before I came here so that if they kicked me out, I wouldn't have long before I came to live in the dorms anyway. They were angry, but they didn't disown me like I thought they would. Our relationship is very strained right now."

"Oh, yeah, and I have a sister," she adds belatedly. "She's straight."

Chorong doesn't know what possesses her to have such a reaction, perhaps the severity of their conversation, but the last statement causes her to giggle uncontrollably and Bomi doesn't hesitate to join her. "She really does ," she tells her with a laugh. "But what can I do? She's family, you know?"

Chorong sobers up with a bright smile, proud of Bomi for taking everything in her life in stride. "You still didn't tell me why you're such a player," she prompts, hoping to steer the conversation into less tense waters.

Bomi shrugs. "I guess I became overzealous when I got here. I mean, I spent my whole high school career dating guys I didn't have feelings for and I had just came out to my parents. I was in new territory and I finally felt…free. So I just tried my hand with one girl and we had and I realized that I really, really like girls," she says with a blush and Chorong smiles.

"But there's one girl in particular that I've gone crazy for." She leans in close to Chorong's face, brown eyes piercing Chorong's. "And I wouldn't have it any other way." Her lips descend slowly onto Chorong's in a loud, lip smacking kiss before she pulls back. Chorong frowns, expecting more before she grabs the front of Bomi's dress and pulls her in for a real kiss.

Bomi grins cheekily against her lips, her tongue diving into Chorong's mouth and curling. An answering growl is her reward as Chorong gently on the intruder in .

Bomi pulls back enough to take two quick breaths, gathering courage. "Be my girlfriend," she whispers breathily.

Chorong smiles, eyes closed as she rests her forehead against Bomi's. "We really need to teach you how to ask and not demand."

"Is that a yes?" she asks, a pleading note in her voice.

"It's a yes."