Epilogue

Point of Intersection

“Who do you like more? Me or him?”

Kyungsoo throws back his head with a laugh before patting his fiancé’s chest. “Why do you keep asking that? Of course you. It’s not even a competition.” He smiles when a warm hand raises to grab his, and he gets to look at the gold ring on Jongin’s finger yet again. Even after all this time, the image still makes his heart race.

“Just making sure,” Jongin teases, bringing up Kyungsoo’s hand to peck the back of it. “Did you have fun getting to be an idol for a few days?”

“It was wild,” Kyungsoo says, voice deeper than before. The traces of laughter on his face are gone, replaced with a more contemplative look. “I’m glad we avoided that mess.”

Jongin smiles and squeezes his hand. “You don’t have to say that for me. If you had fun, just tell me. I want to know all about your adventure.”

“I’m not saying it for you.” Kyungsoo leans his head back on the couch, propping his leg up onto their coffee table. His eyes roam around their living room, still relieved to see the familiar furniture and pictures on the wall. “I mean it. I’m glad we’re where we are now.”

Jongin moves his other hand to run through Kyungsoo’s hair. “I’m glad you’re back. I missed you,” he says for what is perhaps the tenth time in the past hour, and the gazillionth time this past week since Kyungsoo returned to his correct earth.

Kyungsoo remembers waking up in familiar sheets and leaping up as soon as he recognized his surroundings, bounding down the halls and crashing into a snoring Jongin on the couch. He remembers peppering kisses all over Jongin’s face as the younger man laughs and pulls him into a hug before whispering, “Welcome back,” into his ear.

“Do you think they’re doing okay?” Kyungsoo asks as he closes his eyes and savors the feeling of Jongin’s fingers massaging his scalp.

Jongin pauses. “Them?”

“You know.”

And Jongin does know. He spent the last week telling Kyungsoo all about his parallel self, the talks they had, and the burden he was holding. And he was not exactly surprised to hear Kyungsoo had a similar story about the other Jongin too.

“I think they’ll be fine,” Jongin murmurs, returning to his previous action of running his fingers through Kyungsoo’s hair.

“Do you think so?” Kyungsoo asks, less certain. “The last time I saw Jongin, he wasn’t taking the news very well.”

“You did coerce him into admitting a truth he didn’t even know about himself yet.” Jongin smiles when Kyungsoo opens one eye to look at him and pout.

“I couldn’t sit by and let that poor boy wallow any longer.” Kyungsoo sits up straighter now, and Jongin lets his hand drop to curl around his waist.

“Why does that sound so familiar?” he teases, pulling in Kyungsoo for a peck on the cheek.

Kyungsoo pretends to struggle against his fiancé, but his smile when Jongin’s lips meet his cheek give him away. He playfully grabs Jongin’s cheeks and squeezes them, chuckling at the fish-like expression he gets.

“You are my favorite,” Kyungsoo tells him, overwhelmed with affection for the man in front of him. Jongin beams at the familiar words that they’ve shared between each other from their trainee days to now. These words never fail to make him smile, a reminder of how their love has grown through the days and years.

Being Kyungsoo’s favorite used to mean he was his favorite member during trainee days. After that, it meant he was his favorite roommate. Then he was his favorite friend, his best friend, until we fast forward a few months later when Jongin became his favorite person, his partner. And now his favorite partner, his fiancé.

“I love you,” Jongin whispers, pulling Kyungsoo’s face closer until their foreheads touch.

Kyungsoo reaches a hand out and cups his cheek. “I love you, too. Let’s get married.”

Jongin chuckles, warm breath fanning across Kyungsoo’s face. He wants to kiss him. “Soon.”

“I don’t want to wait,” Kyungsoo whines. “Let’s get married now. I’ll just cancel our flight and Baekhyun and Jongdae can come over and my brother can officiate here in our living room.”

“It wouldn’t be recognized by the government,” Jongin reminds him, voice light because he knows Kyungsoo is joking. “Besides, we already paid our deposit for the hotel in Taipei.”

Kyungsoo sighs dramatically, pulling away from Jongin to stand up. “Fine. But I call window seat.”

Jongin grins, following after his fiancé as he walks to the door. He grabs their two suitcases waiting by the kitchen. “It’ll cost you five kisses.”

“Three,” Kyungsoo bargains.

“Four, and the promise that you’ll let me sleep on your shoulder.”

“No, your head gets heavy after a while,” Kyungsoo sighs, opening the door for his fiancé.

“Tough. This heavy head is going to be married to you in less than three days,” Jongin sings as he walks out the door, rolling the suitcases behind him.

“You’re lucky I love you,” Kyungsoo says as he closes the door behind him, locking it.

“I know,” Jongin replies, pausing to let Kyungsoo catch up to him. When he finally does, and Jongin still doesn’t move, he’s about to ask why when Jongin swoops in and steals a kiss from his lips.

Kyungsoo’s face softens into a smile.

“Let’s go get married.”

 


a/n:

These past two chapters (or all of them tbh) are *whispers* un-betaed. But this chapter especially is ~raw~ and honestly I don't have it in me to read over it rn, but I will try to get that done by tomorrow!

I figured we should end on a solid happy note with my presh Earth-88 bbs. And with their happily ever after, we wrap up this fic! Thank you again for reading and commenting if you did. It was a joy writing this and hearing y’all’s feedback for it <3 I hope you all enjoyed it, and again, thank you for taking time out of your day to read my fic!

Lastly, if you would like to talk to me some more about this fic, please feel free to contact me through twitter, where I talk way too much probably heh