[ii.]

Loathing Desires
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was thick.

 

The air between them – anyone could tell – the two were oblivious on it or rather, Mina knows it and is ignoring it while Nayeon kept her stance. Smiling on the older’s attitude, Mina took the step on starting a conversation, “your campus looks nice”

 

“Of course” Nayeon answered, too fast – a proud smile on her lips, but it vanished soon when the next words left Mina’s lips: “but ours is better”

 

Slight taken aback – she was shock – she looked at Mina who was only smiling or rather smirking deviously, “excuse me?”

 

“I said ours is better” Mina hummed, taking the facilities into her eyes, while not forgetting to secretly check Nayeon out.

 

Unlike to the older who is clearly not amused by the bold actions of the latter, “ours is better in anyway you want to compare it, Mina ssi”

 

Mina nodded her head, completely joyful to Nayeon’s reactions on her taunting, “one will be always boastful to where she lies, don’t you think?” glancing at Nayeon for a second, “when there’s really nothing to boast?”

 

“Are you be-“

 

“Oh, this is the cafeteria, right” Mina’s demeanor turned from taunting to innocent into a quick second which got Nayeon into more sour mood, as more people pass them by, some staring at the two of them – more like to Mina who is a new face to the campus and as well for the uniform the Japanese woman is wearing.

 

Nayeon pursed her lips, crossing her arms as they continue their way towards the vending machine – a little away from the door to the cafeteria, “what the hell is your problem?”

 

“What do you mean, Nayeon ssi?” the tone was too innocent – Mina stepped aside to let Nayeon have her way to buy their drinks on the vending machine.

 

“Don’t with me” Nayeon faced Mina who tilted her head.

 

“I am not, though?” Mina said, smiling softly – Nayeon clenched her jaw, knowing that even if she pushes it this person will only play it. Giving it up, Nayeon quietly faced the machine – she was about to press the grape water flavored drink when she felt a sudden warmth behind her back as an arm hovered above hers pressing the drink above the one she chose – when she heard a voice, “do you want me though?”

 

The second she turned around, Mina was already standing away from her, from the side, “what did you say?” Nayeon asked, having a trail of goosebumps on her skin.

 

“I like Pocari Sweat” the once husky and deep voice she heard in her ear a second ago was replaced into a sweet sickly tone.

 

--

 

I’m never going near her again.

 

That’s what Nayeon repeatedly had said into herself as she chugged down the shots that is being given to her.

 

“You’re drinking a little too fast, Nabongs” Jeongyeon who just had her third shot while Nayeon is already at the seventh, “your practice will start tomorrow” Jeongyeon reminded her, but instead a certain person was on her head as she pointed her shot glass at her friend.

 

“I’m never going near her again!”

 

“Okay, okay” Jeongyeon exclaimed – obviously perplexed by the sudden outburst, “I don’t know her but okay”

 

Nayeon chugged her eight glass, slamming it down on the table as she huffed.

 

She didn’t like what happened.

 

She was terrified.

 

She liked it but admitting is not like her, so she won’t.

 

It was a blissful moment – she was also perplexed on how Mina’s demeanor completely changes from taunting to childlike, from bold to shy, from dark to innocent – it confused her, more like she was curious.

 

She wants to know.

 

But no.

 

She won’t.

 

Such ride will cause Nayeon too much.

 

A sigh setting on her lips – she’s terrified by it, but she likes it.

 

“By the way, you and Mi-“

 

“Don’t ing mention her!” her voice was kinda slurred but enough for her Jeongyeon to understand as the tall Korean let out an amused sigh before continuing her words: “look, I know you hate her and all stuff, but there’s like something in the air between the two of you”

 

“It’s oxygen, you dumb ”

 

“Great, I’ve been called dumb by a dumber person”

 

“What?!”

 

“It’s not the literal air, you idiot” Jeongyeon pointed out, “it was like kind of something, a tension or something like that”

 

Nayeon gave her an amused stare, “it’s our mutual hatred”

 

Jeongyeon sighed, not pushing it anymore knowing her friend is even more out of logic – than she is already – in drunken state.

 

--

 

A hangover was expected with all the drinks she had – she threw up – two aspirins, water and some hot instant ramen was all it took for her hangover to subside a little and she’s ready to go.

 

“You got drunk, didn’t you?”

 

She smiled sheepishly at Jihyo, “sorry, got caught up in the fun”

 

“Will you be fine?” her coach worriedly asks, she nodded her head, dropping her duffel bag on one of the benchers as she took her way towards the changing room where she was welcomed by Tzuyu and of course, Mina and Sana.

 

“I still have some aspirins” Tzuyu teased.

 

“Good morning as well” Nayeon answered on the teasing, trying to not to be rude, Nayeon gave Sana a smile, “morning” which was returned by the said Japanese blonde, but of course, Nayeon ignored Mina but it wasn’t obvious as the smile seem like it was directed to the two, but really it wasn’t like that.

 

Nayeon is a , after all.

 

“How many shots?”

 

“Fifte – no, twe – I lost count”

 

Tzuyu shook her head, “good thing, Jeongyeon carried you off”

 

Nayeon only hummed, changing out her slippers to a comfortable sneaker, putting her slippers at the locker, “I’ll go ahead”

 

--

 

“One, two, thr – no, no, stop” the choreographer sighed, “Nayeon, Sana at position two” the two nodded their head on the note, as once more they tried doing the said choreography, “one, two – turn around, yes, three, four five, six seven, and eight” cheers erupted as they finally perfected it.

 

“Is it lunch time?” Tzuyu asked – huffing slightly.

 

“Yes, go take your break” the cheerleaders nodded their head, standing up and taking their belongings as they felt their stomach grumbling due to hunger – little monsters.

 

Nayeon – who’s still feeling the hangover – stood up and went directly to the changing room, instead of going with most of the cheerleaders who had went out to go to the cafeteria – upon arriving, Nayeon opened the faucet at the sink, splashing some cold water in her face before laying at the bench – closing her eyes.

 

Light footsteps invaded the silent changing room, “you won’t eat?” it was Tzuyu’s voice.

 

“No, just bring me some energy drink, Tzu”

 

“Alright, the aspirins are on my locker”

 

Silence followed as soon the latter was gone, and that was the cue for Nayeon to fall asleep.

 

Few minutes with light snoring coming out from Nayeon – a trail of steps soon followed with a sandwich on the intruder’s hand, watching Nayeon who still have some water dripping from her face, grabbing a towel, Mina sat beside Nayeon’s head, gently damping the said cotton on the Korean bunny’s face – wiping the droplets.

 

And, of course, the sudden feel on her skin wake Nayeon up, but with the headache throbbing on her head, the Korean didn’t open her eyes, “is that towel clean, Jeong?” yes, Nayeon thinks it’s Jeongyeon after all the said Korean friend is the only one who’ll do this.

 

“I b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter