[i.]

Loathing Desires
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The loud booming cheers is a kind of pleasant sound to Nayeon’s ears. It is like a melody herself has become accustomed to – kind of something that always sent chills to her. With her two teeth flashing along with the other pair of her glorious teeth, another crowd of screams had made itself evident in Nayeon’s ears.

 

Attention – she likes it.

 

A whistle is blown, and in a quick flick of seconds, the cheerleaders are in their rightful place – Nayeon, of course, being in the center gaining more applaud.

 

But among this crowd, Nayeon caught those eyes.

 

Eyes that she hated the most, looking at her, while a sly smile can be seen on Mina’s eyes. Myoui Mina, the only person who irk Nayeon’s ego and Nayeon’s whole self, she hated Mina. After all, the said person is the only one who can withstand Nayeon in everything or rather, can surpass Nayeon in her everything without even trying.

 

 And nothing makes it better with Mina coming from Nayeon’s school rival, now that’s adding another distasteful point to why she hated the latter – but among those, she really just hated Mina.

 

Reasons?

 

She doesn’t have a concrete one.

 

Hating Mina is just.

 

Another whistle is blown and it’s the signal for Nayeon to start.

 

--

 

“You were great earlier, unnie” Nayeon smiled at her junior, Kim Dahyun who is part of her school girls’ soccer team, the one she was cheering for earlier.

 

Smiling bashfully, “I’m still great right now, aren’t I?”

 

“Ye-“

 

“This is why you don’t praise her, alright? Her gigantic forehead will expand on its own”

 

“Will you do me a favor and shut the up?” Nayeon grunt, sending a distasteful look to her best friend, Yoo Jeongyeon, who appeared with a towel on its head. “I’m not kidding, do shut up”

 

Her friend, Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, “you shut up, and stop forcing my junior to say s”

 

“We’re having our own conversation”

 

“Not, if it’s forced” Jeongyeon turned her attention to Dahyun, grinning, “right, junior?”

 

“Err, is this the part where I excuse myself? I think so” Dahyun nodded to herself, scurrying away.

 

“Ah, you scared her” Jeongyeon hummed, sitting at one of the benches.

 

The game finished with Nayeon’s school taking the win – which she was kind of proud, having a smirk on her lips until Jeongyeon insulted every fiber of her being. Her forehead did not deserve that slander.

 

“Are you having some kind of staring contest again with Myoui?” upon the mention of the forsaken name, Nayeon crossed her arms on her chest, showing a smile equivalent to a prideful one.

 

“We won” Nayeon mocked, “that can cry”

 

Letting out a sigh, Jeongyeon let the towel to hung on her head, “I don’t get it why you are pressed about her”

 

Scoffing, Nayeon rolled her eyes, “she’s annoying, can you – God, the way she smirks at me like-“

 

“I believe it’s more than smirking” Jeongyeon shrugged, getting used to Nayeon’s rants but still clueless for Nayeon’s lack of reason, standing up and grabbing her own duffel bag, “well, let’s go, the team’s out for celebrating tonight”

 

--

 

“She might be smiling right now” chuckled Mina to herself, remembering a particular’s person two gigantic teeth.

 

“Who?” she jumped by the sudden intrusion of her friend in her own small little world, she just noticed that Sana had just gotten out of the shower room – too busy with her own thoughts, smiling gently, she took her duffel bag, adjusting her hoodie – and specs, “nothing Sana unnie”

 

The addressed person, Sana nodded her head, “well, let’s go then, Momo’s team will be out for a celebration”

 

“Did we not lose?”

 

Sana, chuckling amusingly, brushed her newly dried hair while picking up her duffel bag in the process, “it’s for the farewell party for their coach” Mina’s lips formed into a ‘o’ gaining a smile from Sana.

 

“Let’s go then”

 

--

 

“Oh” Nayeon cursed whoever created this forsaken building, why would they place the two changing rooms and shower rooms of the opposite team right next to each other? Are they ing nuts? Nayeon tried so much not to roll her eyes.

 

“Hi?” Jeongyeon waved awkwardly.

 

“Hello” Sana smiled, nudging Mina a bit, who is too focused on consciously adjusting her specs.

 

Clearing out, “hello” that was barely heard but with the awkward and quiet hallway – Nayeon and Jeongyeon thankfully heard the soft voice.

 

“Are you guys the left ones, as well?” Jeongyeon asked, adjusting the strap of her own duffel bag.

 

“Unfortunately, yeah” Sana smiled a bit.

 

The air was too much for them, well mainly it is because of the reincarnation of Satan beside Jeongyeon who’s looking a total , with her arms crossed and not even sparing the two ladies in front of her a glance.

 

“I’m Jeongyeon, by the way, Yoo Jeongyeon” the tall Korean offered her hand to the two Japanese who smiled warmly.

 

“Minatozaki Sana, nice to meet you”

 

“Myoui Mina” Nayeon’s ear perked up and before she knew it, she was looking at the latter whom Nayeon found horrendous with her outfit, and it seems her expression was expressing her mind as Jeongyeon nudged her harshly, making her to snap her head back at the short haired girl.

 

“What?” she mouthed.

 

“Introduce the out of yourself” Jeongyeon whispered harshly, she was about to rebuke when so-

 

“Mind introducing yourself?” , , , , , .  Nayeon tried so hard not to grit her teeth as her eyes meet those distasteful ones who’s staring right back at her, “I’m Myoui Mina” she glanced down at the offered hand.

 

What are we, ing business partners?

 

“I’m Nayeon, Im Nayeon” she smiled with her jaw clenched tightly, taking that hand on hers – another bunch of curse left her mind as she felt how soft those hands are. Not that she was surprised about it.

 

Mina’s skin does look soft.

 

How does she know about it?

 

Don’t ask.

 

Smiling a little, she was about to pull her hand when she felt a light squeeze on her hand, glancing down – she looks back at Mina’s taunting eyes, with that sickly smirk of the latter. Clearing a little, she pulled back her hand, diverting her eyes back to Sana who was watching the whole scene to unfold in her very eyes.

 

“You are?”

 

“Minatozaki Sana” the older Japanese said, smiling cutely shaking Nayeon’s hand as well.

 

“Well” clearing , Jeongyeon smiled less awkward, “we’ll go ahead then, got something to catch up”

 

“Alright, nice meeting you again”

 

“We’ll see you around” Mina said to the two of them, or more like to directed to one person.

 

Upon the two silhouettes disappearing on the corner, Sana faced Mina, grinning widely, “really, Minari?”

 

Rolling her eyes at her older unnie, “oh shush”

 

“You’re even red” Sana laughed seeing the younger flustered.

 

--

 

” What the was that?” Nayeon hissed, heels stomping on the pavement, “hi?”

 

“Look-“

 

“ing hi?” Nayeon hissed, facing back Jeongyeon who step back lightly upon seeing the fuming latter, she does tease Nayeon but seeing the older so annoyed like this is like a no for her.

 

“It was rude, alright?” Jeongyeon defensed herself, “I know you’re rude all in all, but being poli-“

 

“I’m only rude to her!” hissed Nayeon, c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter