[iii.]

Loathing Desires
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“One, two, three and halt!” the choreographer clapped his hand indicating for a break – it seems like they did not get anything wrong – going back to where her duffel bag lies, Nayeon took her towel settling herself there.

 

Almost two weeks had passed – things are going well, as bizarre it seems, that is how things are with Nayeon avoiding Mina with all her great might – this was a cause as well for Nayeon to be isolated from everyone as it seems her own squad and Mina’s squad had been getting along.

 

Even their soccer team – she’s really a loner right now – but Jeongyeon and couple of her friends did invite her but she’s too reluctant to go, she’s fine with the four-wall gymnasium.

 

“Not going to join them?” she glanced up and was welcomed by the sight of her coach, Jihyo – her response was only a shake of head – Jihyo smiled softly taking a seat beside the cheerleader, “they’ve been asking for you through me”

 

“They?”

 

“Cheerleaders of both squad, they seem to want to invite but you always reject the offer”

 

Nayeon sighed, opening her energy drink, “I’m staying out of trouble”

 

“You’re isolating yourself, Nayeon, not staying out of trouble” Jihyo argue, “join them at least once” seeing that Nayeon was about to rebuke Jihyo beat her, “only once if you don’t like it tell me then I’ll tell them for you, deal?”

 

Sighing, “fine”

 

--

 

Lunch break was over, and the cheerleaders were back at the gymnasium, starting their practice right away, with a whistle blown they went to their respective position, “at last position” following the choreographer’s command, Nayeon ended up in the center position with Mina behind her.

 

“We’ll do the prep with the ones in front, the ones at the back, you’ll be catching them”

 

Oh my ing satan.

 

Biting her inner cheeks, Nayeon let out an internal groan, as she slowly took her step – stepping into her co-teammates hands as they try to lift her up – it was easy for them to do this since they’ve been doing these stunts for two to three years.

 

And there.

 

She put her arms in her chess, a cross position – feeling herself fall – with the ceilings the only thing she could see in her eyes – she felt two warm hands in her side chest as a crimson color flushed through her cheeks, catching a smiling Mina.

 

Brushing it off, she took her balance as another whistle was blown, “one more time, with more synchronization, count three first then the people who will catch, make sure to steady them until they are fully standing so it won’t look ugly, got it?”

 

Damn it.

 

--

 

Gulping down her energy drink – Nayeon leaned her head at the wall, looking at the bright ceiling – when she felt another warm drink in her cheeks, glancing at the person she stood rooted in her place, “what do you want?”

 

“Are you done on your ‘avoiding me’ play?” Mina asked, settling herself beside Nayeon who moved a little away from the said Japanese, “you hate me that much?”

 

“Come up with something I don’t know”

 

“You like me” Nayeon snapped her head too fast – she heard few bones cracking – hissing, she touched her nape.

 

“W-what?” with a little pain in her neck, Nayeon only glanced at Mina.

 

Mina chuckled, putting down the warm tea, and placing her hands at Nayeon’s face – who turned red from both embarrassment and Mina’s sudden acts – slowly lowered her right hand at Nayeon’s nape.

 

“W-hat are you doing?”

 

“Stay still” Mina commanded, massaging Nayeon’s neck.

 

Nayeon would never admit it but Mina do have some knock in massaging, she was about to swat Mina’s hands before her consciousness would fall into enjoyment to the wonders of Mina’s hands, but the latter held her firm, “stay still, unnie”

 

It didn’t take her a minute for her tired body to feel satisfaction from the said massage as her eyes closed, neck craning as Mina continued to massage her pained neck.

 

“A little lower” she murmured – Mina followed – massaging a little lower, her hands touching Nayeon’s shoulders, putting a little pressur-

 

“Oh, you two are finally getting along?”

 

Nayeon’s eyes snapped opened.

 

Mina’s hands were no longer giving her warmth.

 

And there, Jeongyeon is standing awkwardly.

 

Sensing the sudden heavy atmosphere and Nayeon’s glare on hers, the tall Korean cleared , “I-I’ll get going now, talk t-to you tomorrow, Nabongs” and Jeongyeon was gone.

 

And they were left with another heavy air – Nayeon clearing , with crimson red cheeks, didn’t faced Mina – they both shifted uncomfortably so Nayeon decided to speak up, “go take your leave now”

 

Mina glanced at the older, smiling a little, “I don’t want to”

 

“Aren’t you done taunting me?” mocked the older, cheeks went back from their original pale color.

 

“I won’t taunt you anymore” smiled Mina, too innocent for Nayeon’s likings, scooting a little closer to Nayeon who was just watching her, “not at least in front of everyone” there was the deep voice that sends chills to Nayeon’s spine, “after all, those are only for me to see”

 

“What-“

 

“Hmm?”

 

Nayeon felt an irk seeing Mina was back to her usual innocent demeanor.

 

“Leave me alone” she simply uttered, standing up and grabbing her duffle bag, leaving Mina sitting – who followed her suit immediately, “I said leave me alone”

 

Mina hummed, “We’re the only ones left”

 

And that’s where Nayeon noticed, everyone had already left already – seems like she was too dead tired to notice – trying to spot any soul, but none was avail, “why are you still here then?”

 

“I waited for you” Mina smiled, offering her the warm drink which she refused to take, “come on, take it” ignoring it, she turned her back and that’s when another wave of chills went sliding down her spin, “or do you want me to make you drink it?”

 

Sighing, she turned around, taking the drink from Mina’s hands and started walking again – Mina of course, walked beside her – the silence between them were no longer an epitome of a heavy air, it was not on the line of a comfortable one, but a serene one.

 

--

 

Nayeon’s steps were getting heavy as she’s basically stomping right now in the side pavement they are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter