[iv.]

Loathing Desires
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon sighed, glancing at the person beside her, “do you plan to do this every day?” she asked, closing the cap of her sports drink.

 

Mina smiled, “well, you keep ignoring me whenever we practice”

 

“I’m staying out of trouble” Nayeon said, grabbing her duffel bag and standing up.

 

Mina followed the suit, walking beside Nayeon as they stride out of the gymnasium, “I told you, I won’t do it anymore” Mina pouted – Nayeon cleared being caught off guard by the sudden act but of course, in a blink – Mina smirked deviously, “those are for me to see after all”

 

Hurrying her steps, Nayeon huffed her cheeks – blushing.

 

While Mina laugh watching the older’s actions.

 

--

 

Next morning came, and as per usual Nayeon came early – still yawning – entering the gymnasium, she was welcomed by Mina already stretching, “you’re early today” Nayeon hummed but she didn’t receive any answered.

 

Nayeon watched Mina’s action for a minute before deciding to give it another go, “am I invisible or what?” but again she did not receive a response, crossing her arm in distaste – she stood in front of Mina, clearly unamused, “yah, Myoui”

 

Mina’s actions stopped as she tilted her head at Nayeon, trying to prevent a smile from breaking out, “yes Nayeon ssi?”

 

The formality irked Nayeon, scoffing, “you want it to play this way? Fine” then there, she stomped her way towards the changing room.

 

Opening her locker, she released another scoff, “she wants to play like that?” she took out her sneakers changing out her slippers, “really, huh? Fine!” the slamming of her locker door rang inside the whole changing room.

 

--

 

Lunch came with Mina still ignoring Nayeon’s presence and going with the formality that had been pissing off Nayeon to the core of her nerves, “Nayeon ssi, would you like to come with us?” – that, Nayeon clenched her jaw, giving Mina a hard stare.

 

“No, thank you”

 

“Come on, unnie, don’t be stubborn” she squinted her eyes at Tzuyu who got the signal immediately, the tall Taiwanese cleared , “come on, Mina unnie” and soon the two were gone.

 

Leaning her head at the wall, Jihyo came into the sight, it seems her coach had seen it.

 

“Is there spmething wrong?” Nayeon shook her head at the question, then Jihyo continued, “you were getting along with her fine few days ago”

 

“Were” Nayeon emphasized the past tense getting a shake of disapproval from Jihyo.

 

“Well, whatever it is, just don’t make ruckus again”

 

Nayeon sighed, fumbling with her towel.

 

While Jihyo sighed on the childish antics of her oldest cheerleader.

 

--

 

Nayeon felt those arms again catching her – a whistle was blown, “that’s all, dismissed!”

 

The cheerleaders hurried their way towards the changing and shower room, clearly eager to get out of their sticky clothes, but Nayeon prefers to take bath in her dorm – she only takes one here if she’s too tired to do it at home – settling herself at the usual spot she takes whenever their practice end.

 

She leaned her head at the wall, closing her eyes for a moment, feeling the tiredness creeping into her body with the sweats trickling down her face.

 

She enjoyed the serene atmosphere for a minute.

 

But a sudden damp of towel on her face made her eyes to open them, seeing who it was, she immediately stopped Mina, taking her towel from the Japanese latter who settled beside her.

 

“Leave me alone” Nayeon snapped.

 

Mina chuckled, “why are you mad?” amused by Nayeon’s antics.

 

Nayeon glared at the younger, scoffing in the process, “you decided to recognize my great existence now? Really?” Nayeon stood up, stomping away without giving Mina a glance, “no thanks! Le-“

 

“I was just trying to get you taste your own medicine”

 

She stopped, facing Mina back who was just smiling back at her, closing their distance, Nayeon started poking Mina harshly, “my own medicine?! You were the one who keeps getting me in trouble! And there wasn’t anyone earlier! And those formalities!” Mina’s smiled grew wider with every poke and every rants Nayeon let out, “you think it’s funny?! You thin-“

 

“I’m sorry” Nayeon’s words and action halted when Mina suddenly invaded her personal space along with those words – hugging her – her words got stuck, clearly baffled – heart thumping loudly.

 

“W-what are you doing?” Nayeon asked – not minding the sticky feeling with Mina’s skin upon hers, rather she felt the strong biceps Mina has – with Mina’s head on her shoulder, her cheeks went flaming Cheetos.

 

“I won’t do it again” Mina hummed.

 

Nayeon bit her lower lip, clearly going haywire, even her sense of smell went sharper as she managed to catch a whiff of Jasmine – definitely Mina’s scent.

 

“Fine, you’re forgiven” Nayeon murmured – Mina smiled, sensing the older snuggling into her with Nayeon gripping the hem of her sweatshirt.

 

--

 

“Why are you still blushing?” Mina laughed, seeing Nayeon hiding her face in the scarf she gave to the older.

 

“Don’t talk to me” Nayeon grumbled.

 

Mina bump Nayeon’s shoulders slightly, gaining the Korean girl’s eyes, “should I hug you again?” Mina teased, and she yelp feeling a sudden pinch on her arm with Nayeon stomping her way leaving the laughing Mina behind.

 

“Hey! Wait!” Mina laughed, running after Nayeon.

 

“No! Leave me alone!” Nayeon shouted back, running.

 

And they took their way towards the bus stop with both of them running after each other.

 

--

 

Nayeon sighed to herself with her fridge screaming hello to her face – the contents were only an apple and half box of milk – grocery completely left her brain due to her tight schedule, closing the fridge off she grabbed her hoodie and wallet.

 

Striding her way towards the nearest 24/7 mart, she immediately took a push cart to get things over with, she’s still tired from the practice, and at this moment, she only wants to do a quick shopping.

 

She pushed her mart towards the noodles section, grabbing whatever flavor that seems her taste will like.

 

“That’s a lot of instant noodles”

 

“Ah, yea- what are you doing here?!” Nayeon jumped seeing Mina looking at her cart.

 

“Exactly what you are doing” Mina’s eyes are still glued on her cart, “those are too much instant”

 

“I can’t cook” Nayeon deadpanned, grabbing another ramen when Mina stopped her.

 

“It’s easy to learn, and put half of those back”

 

“I ca-“

 

“Put them back” that was a firm command, and Nayeon can’t help but to pout, sulking while putting the said instants back on the rack, “I’ll teach you how to cook”

 

Nayeon huffed her cheeks, “exactly how are you gonna do that?”

 

“Come to my apartment, or I’ll come to yours” Mina hummed examining some of Nayeon’s instant packs.

 

“You think we have a lot of time doing that?” Nayeon scoff, pushing her cart on the milk yogurt section, while Mina follows the suit.

 

“1 hour is already enough, I’ll teach you the basics” Mina hummed, “your kidney will give up on its own before you can even sell it”

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes, grabbing a box of milk yogurt, “welcome to college life”

 

“It’s called laziness” Mina smiled at her, grabbing a two box of milk and dropping one to Nayeon’s cart.

 

Pushing their cart to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter