[vii.]

Loathing Desires
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon wasn’t sure. She is not.

 

She is really not sure that the three months that have been granted to them is now cut off to three weeks.

 

Time is a little bit quick.

 

Or yet, Nayeon became rather too slow on working out things.

 

Specially the thing she got going on with the Japanese.

 

As she had yet to give an answer to the latter's advances, and Nayeon wasn’t the only one to realize this – Mina too. Though the Japanese woman already saw it coming through but still, it feels like a bitter sugar to have it shove down .

 

That things might end or start between them in three weeks, but honestly it all depends to the older's decision – if she’s willing to take Mina or not.

 

Because Mina have never been sure about Nayeon – she'll take the older anytime as long there’s a confirmation coming from the older which she doesn’t have a sign of getting.

 

And that is not the only thing that is complicated between them, as they really don’t have a name to their 'something' between them, Nayeon jealousy regarding Bambam is making a name on it though Mina is not that much fond of  putting herself at risk once again.

 

So that’s how they end up with being civil with each other.

 

Mina stopped dropping off Nayeon.

 

Mina stopped taking care off Nayeon.

 

No sweet gestures.

 

No taunting, no teasing.

 

And it never really hurt until she did notice Mina wasn’t around her anymore.

 

But she’s still a coward.

 

So her answer remains at the tip of her tongue.

 

“Is this misery I see? Does the devil final knows what it feels to seek? Does o–“ a series of coughs was released from Jeongyeon’s lips as Nayeon left a harsh nudge on the taller Korean’s ribs – seemingly breaking a rib of two, “you don’t need to break my bones you know!”

 

Nayeon stabbed her food with her chopsticks, “well, if you'll know when to shut your mouth then I’ll be very pleased”

 

Jeongyeon rubbed the sore spot, warily glancing at Nayeon who didn’t said any cuss, “you didn’t cussed me out”

 

“And?” the older gave the younger a short glance before diverting it back to long gone cold food.

 

“Holy! Mina is turning you into an An– or maybe not! That’s the second time now!” Jeongyeon hissed, shielding her abused ribs from the older who is glaring now at her.

 

“Shut the up, will ya?”

 

“That’s more like it” Jeongyeon grinned, sipping out her yogurt box – the two decided to get lunch out as per requested by Nayeon, so this is how the two ended up in the cafeteria, “well, would you mind telling me now why you are acting like an emo high school girl? Cus honestly, that’s scary than you being dramatic”

 

Nayeon squinted her eyes at the latter, “first, I don’t look like an emo what, second I'm not dramatic and third i–“

 

“Mina is the reason why you’re like this?” Jeongyeon assumed, cutting of Nayeon which she gained a nod from.

 

“Obviously, there’s no way studies will stress me like this”

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, “you never do thesis”

 

“Exactly, I don’t bother to do it so I won’t be stress” Nayeon moved her finger in up and down manner.

 

“And I can exactly see you getting an F”

 

“Excuse me, I do the surveys”

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, “pretty face and its privilege”

 

“Why are we on this topic anyways? This is not the one who is stressing me, it’s that woman” Nayeon let out an audible groan, ruffling her hair.

 

“Well, what’s the problem?”

 

“Me, Us, her, everything is the problem” Nayeon sighed, before dropping her chopsticks, finally losing her appetite.

 

“I honestly think it is you who is the source of this” Jeongyeon gestured her hand, getting an unamused look from Nayeon.

 

“What did I even do?” Nayeon asked, fully diverting her attention to her friend who is still sipping the long gone yogurt, “and give me that, you might end up sipping the carton” Nayeon groaned, unpleased with her friend's antics.

 

“Well, for me, or rather for everyone who sees it” Jeongyeon hummed, using her elbow as an assistance to her head, “it’s you who’s making things complicated or like how they are right now”

 

“Or look, I a–“

 

“Mina likes you” Jeongyeon finalized not letting Nayeon to finish her words, “and you don’t want to acknowledge that because of what?” Jeongyeon hummed, quoting something from the air before pointing Nayeon's chest, “Your ego”

 

“I–“

 

"You know it on yourself, that you also like her. The feeling is mutual, Im. You really just need to throw your pride” Jeongyeon laughed seeing her older friend’s reaction, “you gotta stop valuing this ego of yours cus honestly this is only used when someone is stepping on your so called dignity” 

 

Nayeon tried to utter something, but her lips ends up opening and closing out, making her look like a fish, “and there’s no way Mina is stepping on your so called dignity?”

 

“She irks me!” Nayeon finally found her voice, huffing on the process and crossing her arms in her chest.

 

Jeongyeon rolled her eyes, “everyone irks you, Nabongs”

 

“But seriously that g– ugh”

 

Jeongyeon smiled, “you really just need to stop being a about it, because Mina's waiting line is doubled compare to yours”

 

“Thank you very much, I really need that info about her” Nayeon rolled her eyes before standing up, “let’s go, break's over”

 

 

--

 

 

A week of them being civil with each other.
Nayeon never knew it’ll be this irking to have it hit on her nerves.

 

Or it’s just really because Mina acts like it never bothered her as much it did to Nayeon. The said Japanese seems to be enjoying while entertaining Bambam's company.

 

Of course, it’s irking

 

Of course, it’s annoying

 

Of course, it’s bull

 

Of course, it hurts

 

It is really bullting in her part, yet Jeongyeon’s words mostly hit her and it came to her realization that, Yes, we’re not together you stupid dumb .

 

But of course, Nayeon will not be Nayeon if it doesn’t have a sprinkle of confidence on it, so she walks towards the talking pair inside the gym.

 

“Uh, excuse me?” both heads snapped to her direction.

 

I only called Mina you .

 

“Yes, Nayeon ssi?” Mina asked, giving a soft smile, while Bambam gave her a soft smile as well but Mina is gay so is Nayeon, so obviously it never pleased the older.

 

“Can I have a minute?” Nayeon asked, hopefully.

 

While Mina did appreciate the initiative on the older’s part, she still loves to see Nayeon getting riled up, that will never leave her, yet her tiredness from this push and pull is rather stronger than her taunting so she just smiled at the older.

 

“Sorry, maybe later, I have some things to do with Bam” Mina gestured the boy who only smiled at her as if he won a lottery.

 

Oh, how much Nayeon love to wipe that ing smile.

 

N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter