IV. What a crush, dear

Family Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

With the last holiday period already gone the back to school was inevitable but way less frightening. No more delaying the homework, no more lazying around, or at least less lazying around. The boys have grown up, at least that's what they hear everywhere, from parents to those weird friends every grandma has.

 

Baekhyun has grown, in a lot of ways, some of them unsuspected to him yet, and not only in a physical way. He is more confident now, and even more important, he feels way more confident about himself.

“That Park kid” - his father tells him one evening during dinner - “He seems like a really good friend”

Baekhyun doesn't answer, he just nods with a smile on his face.

“I'm glad that you could make great friends in here” - Mr. Byun sighs - “I was really afraid about that…, but Chanyeol looks very empathetic”

Baekhyun laughs under his breath.

“You weren't that happy last semester when the principal called you for the fight at the cafeteria”

“Well” - his father smiled quietly, - “As a father I don't like my son getting into fights, hitting some older kid with a tray, Baek” - they both laughed. - “That was a nice move, by the way.”

“Jongdae still calls me “Trayman” let's forget about that, please.”

“I like that kid too, he's really funny”

They never had conversations like this before, they aren't used to comunicate like this, laugh like this, his father has changed too. And it made Baekhyun improve. A natural growth.

What it's natural in theirs lifes now is Chanyeol. Him being at Baekhyun place and viceversa it's a daily thing now. Doing homework, playing some videogames or simply having a nap, Mr. Byun and the Parks have grown pretty quick to the idea that, if his son is missing, is probably next door.

“And then Dae, just left, like that” - Yeol was telling Baek some story about Jongdae - “He’s been my friend since forever, but sometimes he can get on my nerves.”

“Don't be too hard on him, tomorrow you two will be friends like you always are” - Baekhyun was just reading some comic on Chanyeol’s bed while it's owner was having a fight with some thought level at a game.

Chanyeol stopped playing and placed his head on the bed, near Baekhyun.

“You are really positive lately” - Yeol said looking straight to Baek with a calm expression. - “When I met you you were a totally different person.”

“Like what?”- asked Baekhyun with eyes full of curiosity. He knows exactly what he was like when he got to Seoul, but he never asked to his friends how did he looked from outside.

“Mmm”- Yeol started thinking while scratching his head - “In a word; gloomy. Dae thought that you were just a weirdo.”

“Well, I kinda was” - Baekhyun just shrugged his shoulders - “The three of you didn't look exactly normal” - Chanyeol laughed at that.

“I don't know, you looked sad. I wanted to be your friend” - Chanyeol made a pause to look at Baekhyun. A soft gaze full of sincerity. - “I'm glad that you are with us now.”

Baek agreed silently, even if he had changed talking about his feelings made him fidget with his fingers.

“I guess you changed me, Yeol”

“Me? I did nothing, you did it” - Yeol gets nervous really easy, and when he does he moves his long limbs without sense making him look hilarious, this time was not exception, he said no more before his friend words, they weren't needed, he felt a warmth growing inside of him. He always felt with Chanyeol some indescribable peace inside that warmed him.

Then Baekhyun mimick

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter