III. Detention, puberty and some other major changes.

Family Picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol still had a black eye and a swollen nose the week after the fight, that way he adquired a permanent aura of a bad guy, or at least that’s what some girls were talking at the school entrance. It made Baekhyun and Kyungsoo laugh, the moment Chanyeol opened his mouth that aura completely disappeared and he was back to be the giant dork he had always been.

One would say that Chanyeol bragged a bit about the issue, but the one who bragged the most was Jongdae, you could be talking about anything and he could relate that topic to the fight. Kyungsoo was plainly angry, even if he helped a bit (with the water), he didn’t want a fight or to get detention, so during the first week of detention he barely talked, and the times he actually talked his words were always paired with a glare.

 

Baekhyun on the other hand was - not happy, detention and the obligatory talk at home, were  not a fun thing, at all- but he was proud of himself, it was his first time stooding up for himself and his friends, and knowing that he had made such a good friends that were even prepared to fight for him gave him relief. During the first day of detention he looked at his hands under a new light, knowing that he could also protect them. The worst part, however, wasn’t his father talk, the worst part was the nicknames Jongdae was giving him, “The Tray Avenger”, “Trayman”, among others.

 

Chanyeol, Jongdae and Kyungsoo never actually asked about Baekhyun’s mother, but Baekhyun felt that he owned them an explanation after all the trouble they got from him. How his mother abandoned him for another family, how his father begged her not to abandon them and how neglection felt. Everything. After that the three boys just looked at Baekhyun with understanding.

 

“Don’t think about that anymore” - Chanyeol said after a whi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter