Prologue

Happiness' End

3 years ago

"Yoona. I have contacted someone from the UK and the neurosurgeons there are really interested in your case. They are willing to help you." Dongwoon said and Yoona turned to him and nodded. "I can bring my work there, you don't need to go alone. Your brother can focus on innovating his company." He suggested and she remained silent. It was true that it was hard to contact doctors from the UK to look at her case. It was a great opportunity to go into the UK's school and become a certified criminal psychologist, profiler... and detective. "We can leave by tonight." Dongwoon offered this morning after she was done with giving statements to the police.

Yet she still had lingering feelings, things she wanted to finish in Yeon District. But she knew he wouldn't like it either if she gave up opportunities for him. After the incident at the rooft, she had realized how thrilling investigation was. She wanted to do more and use her skills for it. It had been a while since she ever felt so excited about a case. And it was a real-life case, non-fiction. It happened in front of her. She experienced it. And she wasn't ready to let go of her dreams. She was still young, healthy. After thinking for a while, despite her brother's protestations, she decided to leave Yeon District. She doesn't know how long it would take for her before she could come back, but it was worth the shot.

"I will go with you." She told Dongwoon on the phone.

"Alright. I will make the preparations. I will be waiting at the apartment by 9:00PM tonight." He said and they hunged up. 

For the very first time since 5 years, Yoona finally took a look at her old belongings. Her mother's. Her father's. And she was really glad that she did. Her memories were still a little blurry, but it was enough to tell her what she should do now. She was dialing a number before she decided to hop onto a taxi. "Ahjussi, please I need to Yeon District Regional Police Station right now." She said and she sat back onto her sit before impatiently tap on her purse, while maintaining a calm face. 

She got out of the taxi with the help of the taxi driver who was especially for disabled people. She looked right in front and he stood there in front of her. She had just arrived right on time before he left to grab a train to head to Incheon. He was holding an important document in his hand and was dressed nicely to hold a naitonal conference for the case he just solved. Without giving him a chance to start the conversation or to drag him here any longer, Yoona spoke up.

"I am going to the UK." She said and he remained silent so she could finish everything she has to say. "I can't give you an answer yet for that night. I won't say anything if you simply move on. I don't know how long it will take or..." He heard enough and finally decided to speak up before she start to misunderstand or before he gave out the wrong impression. Gikwang knew what he wanted and he was still young. Wait wasn't a problem. He had yet achieved everything he wanted. He was planning on gaining more experiences and will think about making marriage later.

"Im Yoona, I will wait." He said and tilted his head. "Did you forget what I said? The day I confessed would also seal away who my bride would be. Take the time you need but don't forget about me." He said and took a step towards her. Then another. With that, he landed a kiss on her forehead. "Yoona-ah. I am someone who is patient. Cold still, but my feelings are real and genuine. And only for you." He said. Since young he was someone who had trouble expressing his emotions, because he was the son of the family. He planned on pursuing a career as a detective so he was brought up to be cold. And Yoona knew how he was. She nodded and he ruffled her hair. "Come back when you're done." He said and the two of them looked at each other for a long while. Without having words to be exchanged, they both understood what each other were thinking about and how they felt.

Gikwang couldn't help but to smile. 'She remembered.' He didn't know when she did. But the importance was that she did. When didn't matter. Nor how. Though, he would ask her one day. The two parted ways, again, that night. On his way to Incheon, he dialed a foreign number to the UK. "Hyung."

.

.

.

3 years later

"Oppa!" Yoona shouted from where she was seeing a young man looking around. The young man, Joowan, turned to the provenance of the voice and his lips curled up happily, his eyes lit up at the sight of his sister. She ran to him and hugged him tightly, a feeling she was unable to feel for so long. And indeed felt different with actual memories and feelings in her actions. 

"Yah... UK definitely changed my beloved sister." He said and ruffled her long brown hair. "You got tanned though. And still a little too skinny." He commented and Yoona waited for his brother to be done with hsi critics before she turned around to search for her stepmother and stepsister. "Don't look for them. They are going crazy at home, wanting to prepare the best welcome party for you." He said and shook his head. She let out a laugh and turned to waved at Dongwoon who went to had their luggages sent to an address.

"Did you call him?" Her brother suddenly asked and she shook her head.

"We decided to not call each other. We had to continue do our stuff normally." She replied and Dongwoon arrived in front of them. 

"Hyung." He greeted politely and they all headed to the parking lot. They were finally back after 3 years and they realized how much they've missed their home country, where they felt at home. 

--

Gikwang was reading off something from the screen when someone knocked at his door. He invited his team member into his office. "Team leader what are you reading off from the screen you were so focused." YoonKwon commented and Gikwang shrugged and his looked at the picture of Yoona graduating from the police academy in UK few days ago which was sent to him by one of his senior at the academy. He had already received news from his superior (Kim Sangchoon) that he will be receiving a new teammate soon. The date had yet been officially confirmed but it should be around next week.

"Come here, everyone's out there waiting for you to come out to celebrate." They have all recently closed a case and were given 2 days of vacation. They were allowed to leave after their superior come congradulate them. Gikwang turned off his computer and followed his teammate. Even if the two of them decided to live their lives as they did, it didn't prevent Gikwang from getting updates from his senior of Yoona. He was still concerned, especially in this situation he knew where she went. Misundertsandings from 11 years ago have been cleared so why couldn't he be concerned of her? He was clear with his feelings and wouldn't ever be shy about it. Yet, pursuing and being sure of his feelings were 2 different things. 

He was in a good mood, knowing that Yoona graduated with high acdemics in Criminal profiling, and psychology. "Are you in a good mood Team Leader?" YoonKwon asked and he went up to his underling, passing an arm around his shoulders. 

"I am. So don't ruin it." He said and walked off with a smirk on his face. Yoonkwon haven't seen Gikwang being so happy that many times and so he didn't bother to pursue on that subject. Yet he could simply tell that it was caused by a woman. There weren't any other possibilities. 

 


A/N: 3 years later, Gikwang and Yoona reunite. Discover their relationship development (which might be a given since I am not planning to add in "dramas" in their relationship!). Hope that those of you who have read Secrets: The Crucifix would continue to support this Sequel and be patient with it! Those of you who have read my past work might have noticed the change in my writing. Anyways, thank you so much! This story will go much deeper into Gikwang and Yoona's past, along with Doojoon, Dongwoon and Gikwang's pasts! Everything will be better explained here! Dont forget to give it a subscribe, comment and vote! Thank you so much!

-iammrsoh