007

Happiness' End

They reached the surface of the water and only the room in the back was completely destroyed. The main entrance to the pool was blocked. But where they were... it was completely safe. He didn’t miscalculated. He sat Yoona to the side of the pool, who coughed nonstop. He started to look for any signs of wounds or abnormalities that arose from the explosion or the sudden fall into the pool.

”Are you alright? Do you feel ill? Does it hurt? Some people can be affected by the explosion underwater... I know you can’t swim but it was the only choice, I had to break the promise.... and...” Before he blurted out all these words, she simply leaned down and hugged him tightly in her arms, passing her arms around his neck. 

Shocked, Gikwang didn’t know how to react for the first few seconds before he slowly rested his hands behind her back, luckily he swam back to the middle of the pool where he could stand.

”Oppa...I... I was scared. But... with you there, I felt calmer and confident... and thank God you are safe and sound... and...” She didn’t need to continue for Gikwang to understand what she wanted to say. He tightened his arms around her.

”Next time I will give you a proper kiss.” He suddenly whispered to her ears which made her push him away, flustered by the sudden words, confession and she started to cough. He laughed at her reaction and she backed up when he tried to pull himself up from the pool.

He ruffled her hair and before this continued further, people rushed into the pool. 

———

“Yoona-shi, I am quite impressed with your skills. If you get tired of Leader Lee, don’t worry, you can join my team in Seoul.” Joongki said and Yoona politely bowed to his compliments. Which arose a chuckle from Joongki, seeing how indifferent she was. Maybe that was the reason why her observation skills were so good.

He had seen the preliminary report, the points were almost all accurate. He, of course, didn’t have any comments on that, he was simply satisfied and amazed.

After Baram gave her a change of clothes from her car, she quickly changed into it and gave final statements to the Seoul Team and bomb specialists. Gikwang was already no where to be found after their little incident, which she was relieved of. She didn’t know how to react after what they did and said.

———

Joowan was sitting across the couch from Yoona’s, silent while Yoona silently sat there, with her lips pursed together. She didn’t want to look at him, because she knew exactly how furious Joowan was, and she wasn’t ready to listen him burst out in anger. 

“Yah Im Yoona.” He called and she looked up. How long has it been since she got scolded by someone? She wondered. In the police academy. And her brother, a few months ago, when she told him she will apply for a position in the Severe Crime Unit. She just came home, 30 minutes ago, and seeing her clothes, he knew somethig happened. And after hearing her out, this situation happened: silence in the room while they sat across each other. 

Now she couldn’t wait for Dongwoon to be done with his work so he can drop by sooner, Joowan was seriously taking long pauses between his sentences and that was how she knew he was very upset, “Are you kidding me? An explosion?” Well that, she didn’t tell him, so how did he know?

”It’s all over the news!” He continued and she apologized for that. “Why are you apologizing...?” He asked and let out a sigh.

She stared at him in confusion, “Then why are you frustrated?” She asked. 

“It’s because I can’t ask you to not put yourself in danger but I can’t also ask you to.” And Yoona sat there. 

“Oppa. I will make sure I will always be safe and sound. Don’t worry about me.” She said and Joowan nodded. It was the least he could do. Now, only one thing was in his mind: talk to Gikwang. Gikwang loves his sister and was also her team’s leader, who else could protect her while Joowan wasn’t by her side? Him.

Someone rang at the doorbell and Yoona happily went to the door, happy that Dongwoon was here. She stood up and opened the door. 

------

Gikwang was just done reporting the case, and remained for a quick public conference to address the case that involved the public's safety along with Joongki, in Incheon, by the main headquarters. He was extremely tired, yet, the day wasn't done for him still. On his way out of the conference room, Joongki came up to him. "Leader Lee." He called and Gikwang turned to him. 

He politely greeted Joongki back, who was his senior, "Leader Song, please speak informally to me. You are much more experienced, and have been working in this industry much longer than I." He said and Joongki smiled.

"Let's be informal altogether then." He said and continued, "Since you're here, I have to tell you that Yoona-shi has really surprised me with her skills. She was almost like a fortune-teller. Luckily she had told me to pay more attention to small spaces, or else I wouldn't have found our victims that earlier. And the most important detail, she told me he should be at school." Gikwang smiled. "If Yeon District doesn't need her, Seoul is willing to take her." 

"Don't worry. I will hold onto her tightly."

"Of course, I woudn't dare to snatch someone you hold dear. How long have you been dating?" He asked and Gikwang was amused by the thought of it. So it seemed like Yoona and him were dating. And of course, he didn't mind but he also didn't like rumours.

"We are simply friends." He replied and Joongki understood the meaning behind his words. He looked at the time from his black watch, "I have somewhere to drop by." He said and Joongki smiled. 

"Well then, wish to see you dating soon." He said and the two let out a laugh. 

------

Yoona went out for a walk after eating and sending Dongwoon off. Her brother was being extremely lazy and simply stayed home. They didn't live in a rich neighborhood, and this was what Yoona like. They were simply 2 living together and an aparment too big would simply be covered in dust eventually since both of the siblings were busy. She was holding onto the silver whistle she had been given to her by one of her seniors from the police academy for being an outstanding student and smiled. So far, everything was what she had always wanted. Cases. Mysteries. 

"Im Yoona!" Someone, with a very familiar voice, shouted from behind. She turned to see Gikwang standing there, in similar clothings that he was wearing this morning, but new ones. He probably went to change his clothes before the press conference. She had seen the news briefly earlier and she could only threw quick glances at the screen while she washed the dishes with Dongwoon. 

But she quickly got out of her thoughts and asked, "What are you doing here? Weren't you at a press conference in Incheon earlier?" She asked and he walked up to her. 

"I have something to say." He said and continuously taking constant-paced steps towards her. He seemed very serious and Yoona didn't know how to feel about that. Now they were off work, so what was so important? And before her mind could wander elsewhere, once in fron of her, Gikwang asked her, "Can I fulfill my promise from earlier?" She was confused for a bit. What promise? He continued, this time more straightforwardly, for her to grasp the meaning behind his words, "Let's date Im Yoona." 

Now that was something she didn't expect to come. She stood there blankly, staring, with her lips partly parted into an "o", not knowing if she should be more concerned with her low EQ, or the situation she was in right now. Seeing her face, Gikwang chuckled, and looked into her eyes, "If you stay silent, I will take it as a yes." He said and waited for her to say something. She gulped. He was someone she had always loved, and love... She closed the distance between them and landed a kiss on his lips, which totally shocked Gikwang since he was the one who intended to do that. 

She took a step back, with her cheeks slightly burning, thank God she had learned how to surpress her emotions as much as she could, and before she would run away because of the situation she put herself in, Gikwang didn’t lose his chance. He grabbed onto her arm and pulled her back for another kiss, into his arms. 

Some of you might wonder what about all the wooing and chasing, yet, for Gikwang and Yoona, things had always prevented from reaching this stage, and both lived, in love with each other for a while until now. Something about them might have changed, but in general, they were still respectively Lee Gikwang and Im Yoona. And wasn’t dating another way to get to know the other person, in more depth... for the next stage? At least, that was what they believe.

And now this whole situation... was unexpected. Yoona had suddenly gotten a boyfriend... and he was also her team leader!?

End of 007 -date me.-