Eighteen

Trickling Red

 

"Yunho," Kibum started, looking around. "This isn't your place."
 
Intruding into someone's personal space was a normalcy to him. He felt the presence of a human. Smirking, he faded away.
 
Yunho did not hear him. He was far too occupied.
 
In the corner of the apartment, Yunho took his time. He wanted to stay near the human for as long as he could. His nose touched Jaejoong's cheek and glided down the smooth skin. The vampire breathed in the faint scent. There was a mixture of two of his favourite smell — blood and him.
 
Yunho stole a taste of his skin, giving a quick on the neck. Jaejoong shuddered and squeezed his eyes shut. Fingers coiled around Yunho's wrist as his canine teeth lengthened. Jaejoong's breath hitched as he felt the pointed teeth poked his skin. There was no way he would ever get used to it. It hurt so much!
 
The vampire bit down hard, piercing his fangs through and tapping into his blood source. Red liquid trickling down his throat, tasting rich and metallic. Jaejoong tightened his grip around Yunho's wrist, cutting deep into his flesh. The vampire hissed. 
 
There was a clutch of pain, a shiver of sweat.
 
As strength left the cop, the vampire grew superior. He sank his teeth deeper, drawing more red liquid. He led, eyes flashing a brighter red. He felt a hand pushing at his chest weakly. Yunho loosened his hold on Jaejoong. Slipping from the vampire's grasp, he slid down the wall. His senses were dulled. 
 
Yunho kneeled down, the redness in his eyes fading back to black. When he placed his hand on the reopened wound, a gush of heat was transferred from his side to Jaejoong. The cop gasped and his eyes sprang open. Jaejoong balled his hand into fist, pressing it close to his chest, panting. His gaze was transfixed on the ground.
 
They were closed.
 
Yunho turned around, pacing away from the cop. He felt a pressure on his shoulder. Then, a light shove pushed him backwards. Kibum appeared.
 
"Who's that?" Kibum nosed. "Introduce us, Introduce us!"
 
Kibum darted pass his friend and squatted down beside Jaejoong. He stared in awe, a glint in his eyes. Jaejoong shrank back against the wall, surprised by the sudden presence of another being. 
 
"What's your name?" Kibum asked, his hand resting on Jaejoong's shoulder.
 
Jaejoong squirmed at the close contact of someone unknown. His eyes flitted from Kibum to Yunho and back again. Glaring at the nosy vampire, the older vampire clicked his tongue in annoyance. 
 
"Leave him alone," Yunho said angrily.
 
"Hmm? Not sharing the fun?" Kibum laughed.
 
Jaejoong frowned as Kibum switched over to his other side. This man could have been like Yunho, a vampire. Fear rippled throughout him. One of them had already left him drained. What more two of them? He would definitely be dead.
 
 Yunho caught his glaze, his eyes boring deep into him. He turned away and stared down at Kibum.
 
"Kim Kibum, Kim Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong, Kim Kibum." Yunho introduced hastily. "Now, leave."
 
Kibum sat down, pouting. He whined, "But, I'm curious!" 
 
Yunho grabbed him by the collar and threw him off the balcony.
 
"Stop being meddlesome," Yunho bellowed.
 
Yunho stepped back and wiped his hands on his trousers. He busied himself by shutting the sliding door and drawing the curtains. When he spun away, Jaejoong stared at him, mouth agape.
 
Yunho simply shrugged it off, "He would survive."
 
*****
 
It had been half a year since the last case of the suspected serial murderer occurred. As natural as it was, the case started slipping from everyone's mind. It was left hanging just like that. There were no clues for them to proceed.
 
Jaejoong strolled into the office, letting out a sigh. He gritted his teeth in frustration at the thought that the case would most probably never be closed. He could not do anything. Yunho was beyond his control. The vampire was definitely sly, he concluded. There was always a trick up his sleeve to escape being caught. The vampire was so close yet so far to him.
 
Jaejoong touched his neck, remembering how those fangs forced their way through his flesh. That monster could have easily killed him. Yet, he did not. He kept his words well. For a villain, he did not seem too bad. Kim Kibum, that quirky guy, he seemed too hyperactive for his age and seemed impossible that he would be acquainted to Yunho.
 
Jaejoong exhaled deeply, shaking away the thought that Yunho could not be that bad. He did kill people, after all. His eyes fell on the baked chicken that Junsu was eating.
 
The mankind had slaughtered tons of chicken yet no one had seen chickens in armour trooping down the city nabbing and interrogating all non-vegetarians.
 
Junsu saw that Jaejoong could not quite take his eyes off his food so he offered some. Their leader who broke away from his train of thoughts declined and went to his table.
 
"Hey Jaejoong, we're going for a drink next Friday night. Are you coming along?" Yoochun popped the question, sitting that the corner of Jaejoong's desk.
 
Jaejoong nodded. He figured that he needed a break from the craziness. He ran his hand through his hair and took out a Manila folder. Would that vampire's case have an ending to it or would be left open for an eternity? The way technology was advancing, maybe, in a couple of decades, superpowers could be explained and captured or even, serve as an evidence at court. There was a possibility. He let his thoughts rest there as he unsealed the envelope.
 
~.~.~.~
 
Changmin and Jaejoong, arms over each other's shoulders, stumbled into the apartment. Changmin headed straight for the couch while Jaejoong went to his own bed. They were just a little tipsy.
 
About an hour ago, they had somewhat agreed to staying over at Jaejoong's when they were still at the bar. While Junsu was having another go on the dance floor and Yoochun was melting some young ladies' hearts with his throaty voice, they got on a taxi and left.
 
Groggily, Changmin squinted at the digital numbers glowing red on the clock. It said 1:20. He curled himself into a ball and dozed off. 
 
Jaejoong snoozed diagonally across the bed, hand dangling over the edge of the mattress, one leg pointing at the floor. Sleep lay heavy on his eyelids like stones yet, his mind could not rest.
 
Yunho arrived in Jaejoong's room once he heard the sound that the human had come home. He sauntered towards him. There was something about his mouth that made the vampire want to look at it. It was perfect. His lips were parted slightly, subconsciously as he dozed off. 
 
His heart stumbled over a beat. His fingers tightened themselves into fists. Cops are dangerous. It was something he said to Kibum. Vampires should not be associated with them as much as possible. 
 
A second thought struck him. He had that cop under control so why would he be afraid? He let a sharp hiss slip through his teeth. He hated the man partially for being daunting and being able to spark his interest.
 
Kibum came from behind and looked over Yunho's shoulder.
 
"Looking at someone while they're sleeping is creepy, especially when you've that aura of killing someone," Kibum mused, holding a packet of blood.
 
Yunho faked a cough and urged his friend to quieten down. Yunho must have nudged him too hard in the ribs that Kibum let out a loud gasp. 
 
Jaejoong stirred in his sleep. Yunho bent down to pull the comforter over him. Secretly, he snuggled into the Jaejoong's neck.
 
"Jae...Joong-hyung?" Changmin mumbled as he entered the room upon getting woken up by the noise. "What?!"
 
Yunho was too late to pull back.
 
Kibum's tongue circled his lips. His eyes focused on the familiar figure before him and then a smile broke out over his face. He had forgotten something though. His lips were red with blood while his fangs were out.
 
Changmin stared, eyes widened.
 
"W-What are you doing to hyung?!"
 
_____________________________________________________________________
 
Lol, hi!! Enjoyed your April's Fool? Fooled anyone? Ok, 2 more chaps left!
 
See ya!