Chapter 2

Restart My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hihihi Please make sure to upvote now before reading (if you enjoy the story ofc!) It means a lot and people tend to forget how helpful it is for us authors :)

Also if anybody is interested and wants to talk my instagram is @Yookiwii, I post multifandom kpop memes there so please check it out! <3 (I also talk about SHINee a LOT on my story)

 

On Thursday it seemed to Kibum as if his luck had run out. Oversleeping lead to him completely ignoring his alarm ultimately leaving him a rushing mess with only 7 minutes to get to his economics class. He doesn't think much through his usually well thought out morning procedure. He attempts taming his blonde bangs to the best of his ability through the stained mirror in his shared bathroom, only to realise that the time on his phone is now 9:27 am.

He now has 3 minutes to get to class.

Curse Minho for not waking him his conscience rants inside his skull, but it's his own responsibility to wake up on time and he knows it. Maybe this week had truly been too much for him; all he seemed to do was work. As he stares into the mirror, his right-hand ghosting over a patch of skin that has begun to break out on his cheek, he contemplates on his health. He didn't necessarily have anyone he considered a 'friend', neither did he actually get out his dorm. He would either be sitting on his untidy bed working or sitting on that same table in the cafe working. He doesn't exactly lead a healthy lifestyle either, the only thing he would consume was coffee and fatty takeaways that would save him the time of getting up. Any minute away from his laptop could lead to a worse grade, resulting in his parent's unhappiness, therefore he didn't believe he had time to party or socialise with any of his classmates.

Was this affecting his health? He's read multiple articles on how friends, laughter and happiness are some of the healthiest things in life and yet, he didn't really have any of that. The only person he felt he could depend on was his childhood friend Jonghyun who was more than likely currently sleeping away in the seniors building. Would calling him now be a good time- right before he had economics? He could skip one class right? He needed to let out his sudden cloud of emotions before he drowned in them.

With a sigh and a splash of water to the face he deems himself fit to venture outside towards his class. The rain from the previous night has thankfully stopped but he finds himself cringing at the dewy grass he walks upon calmy to shortcut to his class, which at this point, he's at least 10 minutes late for.

Getting inside the main building, he makes hurried steps towards his class which unfortunately for him, is at the end of the corridor. From outside the door, he spots everyone in their usual seats as the lecture starts, he sighs disappointed in himself and opens one of the double wooden doors. Every single head turns towards him causing the heat to rise to his ears; he admits he used to enjoy attention back in college when he walked around with his unique flashy outfits, bright pink hair and piercings but now, two years later he hated it. He'd become an introvert, nothing appealed to him anymore- he felt hopeless.

His teacher looks at him with the usual piercing gaze. He always guessed the lecturer hated him, and now he finally has an actual reason. "Kibum, you're late." He states matter of factly as Kibum make his way to the last remaining seat at the back of the hall. "I told everybody at the start of the lecture to hand in their economics work before leaving, whether it's in form of a memory stick or handwritten."

Kibum nods. Then he almost screams.

His bag.

-

"It's not fair Jjongie!" The blonde whines, planting his head into his MacBook keyboard. The rest of his becomes muffled as Jonghyun chuckles from the illuminated laptop screen.

"Ah... You're so cute Kibummie." Jonghyun announces loudly through the device. Kibum tries to shush him worriedly, as he scans the library for anybody too close for comfort. "Mr Song sounds like an ."

"He is! I said I can get it from the dorm and get it to him by the end of the day but he insisted that I missed the deadline. I worked so ing hard for no reason." Kibum almost bursts into tears thinking of all his wasted efforts. Then he hears a soft soothing voice from Jonghyun's side of the skype call. It sounds distant as the person sings. Kibum guesses they're in the bathroom as the voice is only slightly audible. "Who's that?" He asks curiously about the voice and who it belongs to.

"My new roommate I told you about. You know, cause Donghae moved to America." Jonghyun informs him, watching as Kibum's blue eyes widen in surprise. "Hey, I told you don't even try acting like I didn't!" he scolds.

Kibum giggles, "I guess I just didn't pay attention."

"He has Mr Song for economics too and does musical arts like me. He's in his last year though which - he has a nice ."

"I was waiting for the gay comment." A smug smile.

Jonghyun turns his full attention back to his younger friend, "How's it going with Nayeon?"

"I don't know, I haven't seen her in a while." The mood becomes sullen as Kibum thinks ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter