Chapter 5

Restart My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been around 4 months since I last posted so I recommend that you read/skim through the last chapter to understand better and remember :)

I don't even have an excuse for how long it's been other than my school work so I'm sorry!

-------------

With his heart accelerated and back delicately arched, his thoughts become submissive to the fluid movements he makes. The blonde knows them by heart so curses inwardly when he notices himself losing his composure slightly, a frown edges its way onto his forehead but proceeds to disappear when he corrects the position of his slim arms. A dainty movement here and there followed by the rest of his body like a wave from the pretty ocean. His body is a giant catalyst which can change a story with any subtle manoeuvre. He had promised himself no mistakes this time but yet again finds himself betrayed by his own guarantee when he loses his balance, left foot slipping behind the other, consequently, he groans in frustration- his story cut short. Why can't his clumsy limbs just communicate with his clouded mind? Kibum's palm, bathed in sweat, comes into hard contact with the side of his head countless times as if this could possibly trigger his brain into functioning like a normal human being.

"Key, I think you should take a break."

The worried voice cuts through the resounding sound of skin against skin. The steps that the blonde hears through his own pounding are hesitant and quiet, but he can clearly decipher the fact that they're slowly approaching. His eyes gradually open, blue eyes glazed with nothing but pure frustration and meet with his friend's own soft gaze. The brown orbs that connect with his own are only filled with concern and sympathy.

Kibum shakes his head, anything to pretend that those emotions weren't visible in the other's eyes. "I'll just go through it one more time," He informs with determination, "One more time. I'm sure I'll get it this time." He doesn't move, however, something in his conscience knows that he just can't. At least not today.

The sense of worry had risen dramatically within Jonghyun in the past few days, something's clearly not right. It's hard for him to understand, some days Kibum is moderately fine; other's Kibum is a mess, on the brink of breaking apart into nothing but small particles of dust. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like he's there at all, adrift in his own thoughts.

With one hand rising into the air, Jonghyun cautiously lays it against Kibum's right arm. His thumb tracing slow circles on the heated flesh of the younger. "Why don't you take a short break so we can go get some fresh air? It's been a while since you've done this, don't be so hard on yourself. I'm sure it'll take a while for your body to get used to it again."

Although Kibum acts in denial, he ultimately agrees to take a needed rest, consequently, they progress in the direction of the empty, tiled locker room. During the slow period it takes for Kibum to change from his sweaty dance attire to something more suitable for one of Jonghyun's, yet to be decided, spontaneous outings, the eldest watches through the distant and grimy window as the weather turns sour- the deathly rain turning into sudden fiery hail.

When a particularly merciless chunk of ice shatters against the far window he jumps and comes to realise that Kibum is ready and patiently waiting for him. He smiles warmly towards the other gaining a similar yet weaker one in return, then continues to pack away the book that he had been reading during the time the blonde was dancing.

"We should do something with Minho, we haven't done anything all together in a while." Zipping his bag Jonghyun decides this is the best way to brighten up Kibum's miserable mood as much as he can in the few hours left of the day. "Is he free?" He asks as an afterthought watching with thoughtful eyes when his friend unlocks his phone and sends a quick text to whom he assumes is Minho.

They remain in a comfortable silence, the two of them walking through the long corridor, one that was always quiet and also seemed to be bothersomely endless. Perhaps they didn't talk to keep the atmosphere that presented itself in the Solitude or perhaps it was to allow Kibum some time to breathe and recollect his thoughts following two hours of painful mistakes and self-hate.

The quiet is interrupted by the small ding that resounds through the passage.

"He's bringing Taeminnie," announces Kibum in a tone that grows with enthusiasm, indicating to Jonghyun that perhaps an outing such as this is long overdue.

Reflecting on the past he ponders over the short interaction between his older roommate and Kibum beside him, moreover, the possibility of another friend being beneficial towards whatever situation Kibum is going through. Somebody else Kibum can bestow his overbearing worries and anxiety with. He knows that the person is free so follows his gut with little hesitation.

They walk in step, a rushed stride, with coats pulled over their heads to avoid the relentless pouring. With luck, they make it to the empty station just as the next expected bus arrives, screeching to a halt, tyres desperately trying to grip on to the ground drowning in murky rainwater. Jumping into the warmth of the vehicle and greeting the driver they simultaneously let out a wryly chuckle which follows them to the seats at the back and Kibum concludes with a boyish chuckle as well as a small smirk. "You look like a drowned puppy Jjong." He playfully taunts the older, flicking a strand of soaked hair out of his face. One that, unfortunately, hadn't been protected by his flimsy hood.

"A y drowned puppy though." Jonghyun flexes his right arm, the bumpy material of his coat giving the impression of 'muscles'.

"You're an idiot," Kibum mutters with another, smaller chuckle before his head turns to face the changing weather outside. The rain has tired itself out and surrendered into a light drizzle, one that will surely clear up when they arrive at their destination, in addition, the dark clouds that had left a shadow over the earth are starting to vanish making the scenery seem brighter than before. There's even sight of a bright sun waking up late from its slumber.

Upon arriving at the small entrance of a bowling alley, the chatting friends are met with the scene of Taemin smacking away his tall boyfriends hand. The determined figure resumes picking at the younger's hair and organising the mess of platinum blonde until another slap sounds across the front car park. This said they eventually notice Kibum and Jonghyun after Kibum's very obnoxious scoff (at the revolting, to Kibum at least, PDA- no matter how small.)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter