Chapter 4

Restart My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well, you look like poo." Taemin notices upon sliding into the booth with his fellow blonde haired friend. He's holding two cups of his own specialised cappuccino and kindly offers one to the elder.

Kibum doesn't respond firstly; Taemin doesn't really mind. He waits as Kibum reaches for the brown cup and slowly brings it to his bow lips. Only once the creamy liquid flows inside his system do he answer.

"I'm well aware. I feel like it too" he deadpans releasing a satisfied sigh at the tasteful combination that still remains a mystery to all but Taemin.

The surroundings are quiet, lucky for Kibum who is hosting a pounding headache. There's a lack of students in the usually crowded café and the few who are present appear scattered around the minuscule building- he's more than thankful. He'd been waiting for Taemin to finish his shift for the past 10 minutes, not really for any reason other than the fact that his next lecture isn't for another two hours. A conversation sparks between them in no time, as it normally did when they saw each other. Kibum had soon discovered that Taemin was 17 and liked to check up on the younger frequently asking about his courses and if they were going well. He liked taking care of the young boy whenever he could, it gave him something to do.

"Taeminie, remember when you said your boyfriend was in his 1st year?"

Taemin answers with an energetic 'yep!'

"What's his name? I might know him." Kibum kindly ponders, genuinely curious.

"His name's Choi Minho," is the answer that spills out of the youngers mouth in a slur of fast spoken words. Kibum chokes on his last sip of murky liquid which results in Taemin patting his back harshly in a sudden panic.

"Oh my god, I didn't poison you did I? Please don't die Key!" Taemin exclaims, his left hand tearing the plastic cup from Kibum's own and scanning the inside with frantic eyes.

When Kibum grabs Taemin's arm to stop him from flailing about, he halts. The eldest coughs to clear his throat one last time, the tickling at the back of his throat ceasing. "Choi Minho, as in annoyingly competitive, super good at football and a constant pain in the Choi Minho? Is he also like this tall?" He questions in wonder, his hand reaching as high as possible to impersonate the spoken man's height.

"Yep, that's him." Taemin assures with a bright grin, "he's your roommate right?"

"Taemin what the hell! Why didn't you say anything?" Kibum chuckles in utter surprise.

His question is answered with a short shrug and Taemin resumes drinking his cappuccino like the previous conversation was no big deal, meanwhile, Kibum is still trying to figure out and connect all the dots. Kibum knew Minho was gay and had absolutely nothing against it, but god why didn't he introduce his little Taemin to him sooner? He'd be having a discussion with his roommate later on, regardless of if Taemin liked it or not. Does Taemin even know what a is, Kibum wonders, he's way too innocent right? Then he cringes at an image he'd rather not have inside his head.

Kibum's been single for approximately 4 Months now give or take, and he's still yet to tell any of his friends (well just Minho and Jonghyun really), yet seeing two people who he has grown close to being happy with each other brings a small smile to his face. He's fascinated by the way Taemin gets all giggly and shy, the way the corners of his mouth turn upwards to the sky whenever he mentions or talks about Minho in their following conversations. Kibum wishes he could have that and feels disappointment when he realises he didn't ever feel that way with Nayeon. Maybe they weren't together long enough to be in love. Yeah, that must be it he decides.

After they're done refilling their energy with whatever crazy drinks Taemin comes up with, they head towards the park on the corner of the same busy road. The winds blowing Taemin's pearly blonde locks around his neck, becoming agitated quickly he starts cursing at the wind; Kibum struggles to hold in his laughter, his eyes full of adoration for the small boy, though he's yet to find out the glorious news that Taemin sent their location to a giant frog.

The sky is clear, one or two odd shaped clouds floating slowly above their heads, the mood is peaceful and all Kibum can hear is the small mumbling of Taemin on the swing next to him deciding on whether that cloud over there is shaped like a dinosaur with wings or a dragon. Kibum doesn't really understand the logic of the younger because he swears to god they're the same thing but he's slowly learning to ignore it. The wind turns violent, therefore, Kibum lowers his head concluding that looking up at the sky with a face full of thick blonde hair is extremely useless. That's when he s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter