Chapter 6

Restart My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'd like to start off with a big apology for the long wait. It's been over 10 months since I updated oops-

I got stuck with exams and school etc, but now that college has started I've organised myself a bit more and ACTUALLY have a set time for writing. This fic's updates will be delayed slightly because I've decided to make a full plan before resuming with it anymore just so I have a set plot and to make it easier to write. I'm also working on a Monsta X fic too which is currently my main project, so a majority of my time will be going into that, however, once that project is complete I'll hopefully be throwing out updates for this fic like nobody's business ;)

(:- - - - - - - - - - - - - - :)

"Kibum if you don't open this door right now I'm knocking it the down!" Jonghyun yells in concern, the sheer worry growing with each lengthy second that passes as his calls remain unanswered. His closed fists are battling hard against the toilet door, growing sore as strangers stare on from numerous directions, humans natural curiosity causing a developing scene. He wants them to go away, painfully aware that his dear friend won't leave with their bothersome presence. He knows for a fact, that the blonde can hear the inquisitive murmurs and gossip that spills from the apathetic being's mouths; knows they probably torment his, now, sensitive soul. He bangs again.

Jinki stands a short length behind his roommate, sorrowful eyes watching the heartbreaking scene, three coats hooked on his arm- Minho and Taemin having had left with Jonghyun's instruction at the commotion Kibum's ex had accidentally caused. Jinki had had to stay, previously planning to head back to his and Jonghyun's dorms together, however, he didn't expect to bear witness to a delicate and touchy interaction.

"Bummie... please just come out..." He slams his palm against the wood one last time surrendering, hands resting against the surface, "Please just speak to me..."

On the opposing side of the beaten wooden door, Kibum sits, back leaning against the expanse of the material, feeling each and every desperate beat of his best friends fists, his hands clamped against his burning red ears. As if that would prevent the monster's punitive whispers from streaming into his mind. Maybe it could- or for all one knows, that's what he tells himself to keep himself sane? He doesn't cry. Holds in the whimpers and allows the negative emotions to consume him. He'll just bottle a lid on them when he's done, stop them from escaping as he faces the world with just another phoney smile- another mask.

Jonghyun twists his body away from the toilet door, encountering Jinki's watchful gaze. The latter can see the liquid that forms subtly at the waterline of his short roommate's eyes, so frowns accordingly at the man's anguish. Scanning his surroundings, and the meagre crowd of surveyors, Jinki takes a confident and certain step towards them, mind having already decided on the next measure.

As the group of strangers take notice of him, their intrusive mutters come to a hushed whisper, eyes darting to his charismatic figure, "I'd appreciate it if you could all leave for a few minutes so that we can resolve this issue in peace so that we can all carry on with our day. In all honesty, it would be respectful of you all, in the politest way possible, to mind your own business and let us help our friend." His honey voice echoes in the room.

Perhaps it's the enchantment of his soft voice or his handsome appearance that is so compelling- the Bowling Alley customers leaving with little hesitation at the polite request.

When the male approaches Jonghyun again, he notices his unmoving position, hands still resuming to knock gently against the door with encouraging pleas to the youngest of the three, attempts to coax him out of his inconvenient hiding place. "I'm going to take our stuff to the car and wait there for you Jjong, call me if you need anything." He announces with utmost patience.

Trying to resist the temptation of succumbing to his own dark and treacherous thoughts, he tugs his frail hands away from his ears, defying against his muscles as they seek the ability to retreat again and blanket his mind from any outside noises and disturbances. This is when he belatedly draws his attention to the lack of movement behind the wooden door. He panics. What would he do if his best friend had left him stranded here with his thoughts?

Rising to his feet, breath still laboured from his previous panic attack and an influx of varying emotions, he grabs the handle to the door, hesitantly opening it a few centimetres. Through the miniature gap, he's still able to face Jonghyun's distressed visual. Something akin to regret plummets to Kibum's stomach, his heart aching at the, what he perceives to be unnecessary, worry he had caused his friend. He's there waiting. Like he always does and always will.

All of a sudden the blonde is tugged into a suffocating hug, "Don't ever do that again you idiot!" Jonghyun begs, and Kibum can feel the panic-stricken beat of a compassionate heart. "We're going to my place, and you're getting one of my specially made hot chocolates. Nothing as good as what Taeminnie can make but I'll try my best!"

A silence envelopes them as Jonghyun guides his best friend out of the venue, arms securely wrapped over his shoulders as if to try and always keep him by his side, until a feeble voice enters the air, "I don't deserve you Jjongie..."

"Shut up Kibum, of course, you do." Is the quick snappy reply that comes as they take their time entering the car park, the rain having had subsided after t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter