06.06.2018

Dear My Darlings
 
Date:  30th May 2018
Chapter:  5
Title:  06.06.2018
Notes:  double update because i felt so creative and i was binge watching tasty videos
Credit:  < a tori creation >
 
Dear my darlings,

Is this what they call an alternate universe?

My mother survived and my brother was healthy. It was so strange. It was strange to wake up in the morning and walk to a table with my complete family. It was so strange to see my brother talk about swimming and how his coach was stoked to train him for nationals next summer. My mother made French toast with jam and syrup and she happily talked with my father, who was talking about his upcoming promotion at work. I still went to school as I used to but I had a few more friends including my only friend.

While it was weird, it seemed better than my old life.

For once, I finally have my mother and my brother survived. I found comfort in my newly gained friends and studying felt like somewhat of a breeze without the stress getting to me.

For once, I was happy. But then I discovered more strange things.

It started when I opened my laptop. I typed in my password and immediately I was confused. My desktop wallpaper was you group-hugging when you won the Seoul Music Awards. Now, it's just a picture of fruit. Huh... Guess in this universe, I somewhat decided to have a picture of fruit as my wallpaper. It was the same with my phone. I had the lyrics of Promise as my lockscreen and the lyrics of Peter Pan as my home screen. Now, both displayed pictures of cute unicorns.

When I got home, that's when it got weirder.

I have a chest full of photocards and stickers of you that I collected since 2014. That chest, besides my diary, was my most treasured possession. When I could barely have the time and money to buy albums, I just collected them whenever there were conventions or maybe given to me by other fellow fans. When I got home, however, the chest was gone. My palms had started to sweat. How did everything go from relief to pure panic in one day?

I wanted to take my mind off of things and decided to search you up on the Internet. However, as I kept scrolling down and searching for you, there was nothing about you. I kept on searching but the more I searched, the more I panicked.

It was as if you didn't exist at all.

Where are you? is the only question running in my head.

 

With all my heart,

Maya