PINK FOREST pt.2

The Series of Peculiar Adventures (A Jun x Suji fanfic)

A gargantuan shadow glided in the sky and landed in front of the two. Suji was right. It was really the pink eagle.  It landed  with grace and superiority. It flapped its wings for the last time before turning its attention to the two persons. 

Suji glanced over Jun and saw the lad's face painted with shock and fear. She can't blame him. That was probably what she had looked like when she saw the creature for the first time.  

“Sunbae, just don’t move,” she whispered.
Jun replied to her with a nod. The pink being was staring at them intently. A little while, the idols heard a shout from the distance.

“Leegeon!” The voice said.
Before they knew it, a person with a pink hair landed between them and the eagle.

“Why did you suddenly took off? You know I can’t fly as fast you, silly,” the man said as he patted the eagle’s cheeks playfully. The bird, as if liking the man’s gesture, wiggled its tail in response. The man then turned its way to Suji and Jun’s direction.

“I’m sorry. Was this little fellow chasing you? A while ago, this guy said he saw a maiden in his nest but was gone. He wanted to play with that person. That girl must be you, miss! Leegeon, glad you found her,” exclaimed the man in front of them.

Suji was at lost from what she just heard. The eagle, wanting to play with her? And who is this guy? 

“I’m sorry mister, but who are you?” Jun asked. Suji was really thankful that she was not alone in this place.

“Oh, I’m sorry. My name is Daewon and I’m this guy's friend” the guy said as he lowered his head and bowed like a royal guard.

"This guy’s name is Leegeon. Leegoen, pay your respects to them.” The pink creature also lowered its head to them."

Jun was confused of what he just heard. Daewon and Leegeon. He knows those names undeniably. He could never be wrong.

“Daewon… Leegeon?”

“Yes. You got that right, lad.” Daewon approached him and slapped his shoulders. “Oh, don’t be so tense. I understand you were shocked by Leegeon. But don’t worry, he’s a good eagle. He won’t bite.”

Oh, no. Jun was shocked by the eagle, alright. But he was more shocked by what he just heard. Daewon and Leegeon -- names that he knew very well.

“Leegeon said he would like you two to ride on his back. Come!”

Jun and Suji did not move. What was happening in front of them was too much to take in. An eagle named Leegeon and a guy named Daewon. It was too much that they could feel their hair turning white.

Jun observed the  Daewon in front of him. Looking closely, he does resemble Daewon a lot  except by the fact that this Daewon  has a bright pink hair and deep blue eyes. He wore clothes like those of a newspaper boy from the Victorian era and has pink wings on his back falling slightly below the hips.

“What the hell?”

Jun heard Suji mumbled in silence. Truly, what the hell was happening? If this was really a dream, this is  too vivid that it’s creeping him out. 

Daewon felt the anxiousness of the two idols. He felt so sorry and thought that Leegeon might have really sacred the two blue.

“I’m very sorry about this. I believe you two were really frightened by Leegeon. In return, if there’s anything I can do, I’d be willing to help you.”

Jun and Suji looked at each other.

“So, what should we do?” whispered Suji.

“If he really is the Daewon I knew, maybe he’s a good guy,” said Jun.

They observed  Daewon and saw that the guy looked too innocent to give them any harm. He appeared really harmless and gentle and was very sorry  for the two of them.  

“Maybe we can ask him where we are,” said Suji.

“Yeah. Let’s try asking,” said Jun. “Daewon, actually we’re not from this place and we are lost. Can you tell us where we are?”

“Oh, yes. I can,” said the pink haired male enthusiastically. “You are at the land of pink creatures, the Pink Faraway Land. You see, almost all creatures here are pink. Pink eagle and pink hair,” said Daewon while pointing towards Leegeon and his hair.

“Sadly, this forest is labeled by the people as a scary and  dangerous place. Though in reality, it is not. They are mistaken. They misunderstood. Well, half of those misunderstanding are actually because of Leegeon here. He really likes people and wants to play them. But as you can see, he chases them and people get frightened because of that.”

Jun and Suji definitely agreed. Who would not be scared if you see a big beast flying around and suddenly landing in front you? Anyone would get scared.

“I was also chased by some pink furballs a while back. What were those?” asked Jun.

“Oh, they were the PIMPSIES. They love nudging their selves to people. Though their eyes are really disturbing. When they come near me, I’ll just ask them to not open their eyes. They are really cute and soft, though.”

“Yes. They were disturbing,” Jun thought.

“Um, we came from Korea. Do you how can we go there?” Suji was not really sure how to ask this but she badly needed some confirmation.  Whether this place is somewhere inside Earth or some other place she can’t think of. 

“Korea? What’s that?” replied Daewon.

Jun and Suji looked at each other again. One of their question was now verified. This place lies somewhere they can't imagine.

“Oh!” exclaimed Daewon. “A town next to this land might know where Korea is. Usually lost people go there when they are lost. The town apparently has a genius who knows many things. Maybe you can go there and ask.”

“Where is that place? Is it far from here?” asked Jun.

“Yes. It’s still far from here. But we can take you there. As an apology, Leegeon and I will gladly take you there! Come. Ride behind Leegeon's back,” replied Daewon.

The idols were hesitant about the idea. Riding behind a huge bird was something they had wished for in their childhood years. But seeing how dangerous it might be, they were uncertain.

“Oh, please do not fret. Riding Leegeon’s back is very safe. You will not fall or what. That, I can guarantee,” said Daewon as he smiled and blinked his eyes twice tightly, showing that this version’s Daewon has the same manerism as the Daewon they knew.

“Please don’t hesitate,” said the pink haired male as he pushed Suji and Jun towards Leegeon’s back.

Suji climbed first. Daewon helped her sit comfortably at the eagle’s back. Jun followed and sat behind Suji.

“Suji-sii, are you ok there?” checked the lad.

“Ah, yes. The eagle has a broader back than I thought. I’m fine,” replied Suji.

“Please hold on to those belts,” said Daewon while pointing at the harness that was fastened around Leegeon's body.

“Leegeon always wear that harness so that people can hold on to something when they ride at his back.”

Jun and Suji felt their heart dropped down their stomachs as the eagle moved and flapped its wings to prepare for flight.  

They thought that if they fell, it will be the end of their lives.

“Please don’t worry. I’ll be with you during the flight.”

“But why aren’t you sitting here? Asked Jun.

“Oh, I’ll be flying,” Daewon said as he spread his wings. It was like that of a bird’s however, it glowed and sparkled as it hit the rays of the sun. It was beautiful. Jun and Suji can't help but stare at it in awe.

“Leegeon, don’t fly fast, ok? I’m not as fast as you so you need to fly slowly.

Leegeon nodded.

“Ok, are you ready? Then, let’s fly away!”