PINK EAGLE

The Series of Peculiar Adventures (A Jun x Suji fanfic)

The last thing Suji remembered was sleeping on her bed before finding herself in an unknown place. Rather than feeling scared, she was dumbfounded, in utter confusion, with the situation she’s in. Somehow, she has found herself sitting on a huge nest on top of some tree with a weird looking animal staring at her.

“Impossible,” she muttered under her breath. She thought that there’s no way the things she was seeing are real. “This must be dream.”

Suji slowly stood while locking her eyes with the unfamiliar animal in front of her. The creature looked like any normal bird, an eagle to be exact. The only thing that’s different was its color. Pink. And its size. Probably 20, 50 times larger than the normal one. The creature was humongous.

“Shoot,” the black haired maiden whispered as she slowly moves for her escape.

The pink beast tilted its head as if observing the lady in front of her. Suji held her breath as she makes minute movements. She kept glancing towards her side, extending her hand out, as she checks the remaining distance between her and the edge of the nest. As she was about to reach it, the bird suddenly let out a loud cry. Suji yelped and immediately ducked. She could feel her hair standing up by shuddery wailing of the creature.

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind blew her off balance and made her fall on her back. As she looked up, she saw the animal flapping its huge wings. The wind felt like a strong hurricane. The animal took off with a haste and was now circling above the nest.

Suji never felt this scared in her entire life. The gargantuan figure above her felt like every soul out of her body. Suji shut her eyes tightly and murmured prayers on her lips.

“Oh, god. Please, no. Please, no”

She repeated those words again and again like a chant. After a while, the strong winds felt weaker and weaker. When she opened her eyes, she saw the creature flying away. The maiden heavily gulped as she saw the bird slowly moving father from the nest. She turned her head to the side and stared blankly towards the space. She was bemused by whatever happened in front of her.

“What the,” she whispered and let out a nervous laugh.
She could still feel her legs shaking from the incident. She slowly stood  while holding on the walls of the nest. Wherever she’s in right now, she  wants to get out from there, FAST.
Suji took a deep breath and gathered her thoughts. “I need to get down from here first,” she silently said. “Before that thing comes back here.”

Suji looked down from the nest. She realized the tree was not as high as she had thought. She could see the ground clearly and thought she could easily climb down. Also, she noticed that the tree stands in the center of a wide savanna. The tree felt like a sort of a special place like those on adventure games. She carefully climb out from the nest and placed her feet on the branches below it as she constantly descended. She would have to thank her athletic skills for this one. After a few minutes, she successfully reached the land. She turned her head from side to side, monitoring the whole area. Just a little further was a forest. She decided to go there for the meantime. A thought of maybe finding more hideous creature in the forest crossed her mind. But she can’t do anything about that. She had decided that if she wants to escape from this place, she needed to move around and find clues.

“Don’t worry, Lee Suji. Let’s survey the place first and look for things. It will be just like those adventure games people play.” 
Suji slapped her two hands on her face and readied herself.

She silently hoped that all of these are merely dreams and she would loved it if someone wakes her up.