chapter three.

∞ INFINITY ••• CHAPTER THREE IS HERE!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL

"When the hell were you planning on telling us about the other two?" Angela barks at Fury, her tone laced with disdain for the spy. Kat stood from her seat, proactively putting herself in between her path to Fury should things get out of hand. "And here you were going at Embla for keeping things to herself. I mean, what kind of a ing team is this if you're keeping us in the dark?!" Angela angrily continues, her hatred of the situation growing by the second, her animalistic side edging to come out.

"Am I interrupting an important meeting of some sort?" a voice coos from behind the remaining Avengers. Everyone turns and Fury lets out a sigh at the sight of the woman. "I hear you're in dire need of my assistance, Fury. You could've at least told me to dress up a bit. I would've if I knew you were having delicious company." a smirk plays on her plump lips as she eyes Tychon and a few members of the infinity team.

"I'm assuming you're one of us." Jade stands from her seat to face the woman in the doorway. Her body soon feels a wave of...something come over her once she locks eyes with her. Why was she feeling like this when just a moment ago her body was on edge?

She's dressed in a red one button satin pant suit paired with red pumps that elongated her figure. Her hair pin straight that stop just below her shoulders; piercing chocolate orbs eyeing just about everyone in the room, a mischievious glint to them as her naturally pink lips part into a smile. Certainly, she looks like she just walked out of Manhattan instead of Hell's Kitchen. She looked expensive, was her wealthy status a reason for not joining the team?

"Oh no...no," she melodically laughs, shaking her head, "I'm not like anyone in this room though I can see why you called me here, Nick." she continues, walking to the center of the room; making her the center of everyone's attention.

"Then what are you?" Sam questions from his spot, his tone almost gentle as if he doesn't want to anger her. The brunette turned her focus to the Falcon but as she moves closer, Wanda lets out a murderous scream. She buries herself into Vision, reciting a Sokovian prayer of sorts. Steve, Nat, and Sam rush to Wanda's side, eyeing to see if there are any injuries. The others stay in position, some of the members preparing to possibly battle the tall woman. She cooly laughs at everyone's reaction.

"Name's Lucifer Morningstar." she spoke before taking a step closer to Wanda and the others, looking down at them as if they were peasants. "I hope that was a teachable moment for you, printessa." Lucifer chuckles as she turns on her heel to walk to Fury. "Oh dammit, I won't attack any of you."

"Lucifer Morningstar? As in.." Jean questions, her body now in front of Bruce's in a protective manner.
"Diavol.." Wanda shakily whispers from her spot.
"The devil, yes." Lucifer smirks in her direction before it's replaced by a serious face. "You called me. What's the problem?" She hastily questions, her impatience starting to show.

"Haven't you seen the news? There's been an invasion...again." Fury rolls his eye as he answers her. "You know if any of your demons are behind this? Rebelling against you or anything?" he further questioned, his tone mockingly playful, a tone he regularly uses with the devil.

"Nicholas, you know those pesky little demons of mine come from below, not above." Lucifer turns on her crimson heel, preparing to put this fun little encounter behind her.

"Lucifer-"

"You called me. I came. My end is held. Never thought I'd say this to anyone but lose my number, please."

"Fine. Next time I'll call your husband. I'm sure the devil of Hell's Kitchen wouldn't mind lending a hand."

With that, Lucifer's eyes turn murderous, she veers and charges at the spy, a demonic growl emiitting from . Nick doesn't flinch. He knew his words would bring out this side of her. He's done it plenty of times with the Infinity women; pushed a sore spot that showed their true colors underneath the perfectly manicured exterior. Despite sporadically communicating with the fallen angel a few times a year, he's learned plenty through her updates. Lucifer never disclosed that she was married but it wasn't hard for Fury to figure out that secret of hers. While he knew she kept him updated with her trips back down to Hell, he still had Maria track her every now and then. When Hill reported that she was no longer living in the apartment in the worst area of Hell's Kitchen but rather staying at the apartment of one Matthew Murdock, it didn't take a rocket scientist to put two and two together.

"You keep him out of this." Lucifer growled at him, a scarred and burnt-looking form replacing her porcelain skin along with her expansive crimson wings sprouting from her back. The women quickly went into defense mode, with Hill even pulling out her gun, aiming at Lucifer's head. Nick remains still. He subtly nods to Maria and the others to stand down. He knows Lucifer won't kill him.

"Then keep your end of the bargain. After all this, I'll let you go back to your beloved husband, Mrs. Murdock." Nick deadpans, demeanor remaining calm.

Lucifer snarls once more at t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter